Sign in to follow this  
antonvs

Carenado F33A: no GTN in the 3D cockpit

@RXP With regard to getting the 3D panel working I have had little luck. Firstly you mentions copying back the original .ini included with the aircraft, but there was no RealityXP.GTN.ini included in the original package, I re-downloaded again to confirm this (maybe this is because I purchased directly from Carenado, and yes it is the XP11 version).

So I deleted the RealityXP.GTN.ini file from the active plane folder and ran XP again and find that the RealityXP.GTN.ini is only created when you run the plugin and select GTN-750-1. This is when the RealityXP.GTN.ini file first appears in the plane folder.

I have read other threads regarding having a blank (black) screen and tried modifying the .ini file. At best I could get parts of the GTN750 showing in the autopilot and radios. I figure it must be the frame.rect = settings

https://www.dropbox.com/s/muuzaqmuwp661hs/2019-09-25 13-59-23 cc1.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/spaots4do6qf2ld/2019-09-25 14-50-48 cc1.JPG?dl=0

I have tried experimenting (guessing) for a few hours but now give up. I wonder too if the embeded panel should be referenced as PANEL3D.

Here are the last enteries I have tried in the RealityXP.GTN.ini file. I don't know why these figures can't be published as they must be a fixed position within the 3D panel.

[GTN_750_1.PANELS]

; display window if true.

visible = true

; show screen only gauge if true.

nobezel = false

; display type: WINDOW,PANEL2D,PANEL3D,PANELS

frame.type = PANELS

; display position and dimension (left,top,width,height)

frame.rect = 0,0,653,659

; screen only border size (pixels).

border.size = 0

; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).

border.rgba = #000000

; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false (use SHIFT to override)

usemouse = true

; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).

popleft = false

; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires XP11.1).

popright = true

Again, I have no problem with the Window view of the gauge, either in the cockpit or popped out.

I also wonder if the 3D panel would remain active while a window mode is selected or whether it would be greyed out.

Would you be able to help in this regard please.

Cheers Anton.

Edited by antonvs

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Hi,

for the panel, a little search gives:

also:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/179901-f33a-bonanza-not-working-with-reality-xp-gtn-750/

On 9/25/2019 at 2:04 AM, antonvs said:

I also wonder if the 3D panel would remain active while a window mode is selected or whether it would be greyed out.

You can display as many GTN you want in the 3D cockpit (space permitted) along with the popup panel!

NB: our GTN and GNS V2 for FltSim also support displaying as many popup and virtual cockpit instances at the same time with no impact on the FPS!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@RXP Thank you. In the meantime I had found the solution @thegraffix posted 2019-02-01

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpryisc8nh71hfc/WORKING%20RealityXP.GTN.ini?dl=0

This file (which I have saved for reference) worked perfectly.

In other good news I have since purchased the Carenado Beech Premier 1A and the GTN worked in the 3D panel 1st go.

p.s. I’m very happy with how the GTN gauge performs compared to the “other” brand I used to use in P3D.

Now off to continue enjoying my flying.

Cheers Anton.

• Like 1

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

46 minutes ago, antonvs said:

p.s. I’m very happy with how the GTN gauge performs compared to the “other” brand I used to use in P3D.

I'm glad all is working fine now and thank you for your kind words!

PS: you might want to add your personal comments to this discussion later on:

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)