Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

real traffic time offset?

Hi again!

Unfortunately, it seems realtraffic doesnt inject all the planes that were flying when time off set is checked. i put it and comproved there was 20 ai planes, landing, taking off and flying above, but realtraffic just put three. can anyone help me? 

the normal hour, real time, goes very very well, but the time offset doesnt work fine. maybe i should have to adjust something,. i read three time the manual of PSX but all seem well.

thanks again! 

59 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

Unfortunately, it seems realtraffic doesnt inject all the planes that were flying when time off set is checked. i put it and comproved there was 20 ai planes, landing, taking off and flying above, but realtraffic just put three. can anyone help me? 

the normal hour, real time, goes very very well, but the time offset doesnt work fine. maybe i should have to adjust something,. i read three time the manual of PSX but all seem well.

Hi Abraham,

Like I already have said, PSXT sees no difference in real time traffic streams or time shifted traffic streams. It treats them equal. There is no use to study the PSXT Manual.

Your observations are rather vague in my opinion. Note that Flight Radar is not the same as RealTraffic, you cannot compare those.

You should do the following test to see if there is something wrong in RealTraffic:

1. Start PSXT and RealTraffic in real time at a busy airport, wait a few minutes and then notate the number of live traffic (say N0).

2. Let PSXT run for 1 hour and do nothing.

3. Then shift back the time in RT with the slider with exactly 1 hour, wait a few minutes and notate again the number of live traffic (say N1)

Are N0 and N1 about the same?

Regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Now all is done. I did exactly what you recommended. 

N0 = LIVE 7 planes

N1= LIVE 8 planes.

¿?

Not bad, same names, but some new plane appeared. That coudl mean realtraffic is not recording very well the data.

I have also comproved that when planes are landing and touch the floor, they dissappear. The opposite on taking-off: they suddenly appear. That means they are not only "on taxi". Tahts what can be seen on radar of real traffic, and of course, on Prepar3d screen.

something must be happening that dont let show taxiing. (the rest of planes are well recorded) 🙂

Edited by abranpuko

8 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Now all is done. I did exactly what you recommended. 

N0 = LIVE 7 planes

N1= LIVE 8 planes.

My conclusiion: there is nothing wrong with the time shift option.

Same names, but new liveries, is caused by the randomness PSXT applies when matching a livery based on airline and type only. It has nothing to do with the recording of data by RT. If you do not like that you should add registration codes to all your liveries.

Edited by kiek

all my liveries are with their own registration codes. thousands.  I have made a work of months. 

so, on time offset: when a plane lands and his wheels touch, then dissapear.

the same on the opposite: when goes in the air, the ai plane appears.

:  it seems like ground traffic were not recorded. 

18 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

:  it seems like ground traffic were not recorded. 

But the number of aircraftt (N0 and N1) were about he same, it cannot be that in real time you have ground traffic and in shifted time you have not?

Please mail Balthasar of RealTraffic about that, the mail address is at his web site. This is (if it is ..) not a PSXT issue.

Edited by kiek

thank you! yes. i think its something in relation with realtraffic and not PSX.

holds and thanks for answering me soo quickly!

24 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

and not PSX.

PSXT (PSX is a different program)