Sign in to follow this  
Strahinja

Are Aerocaches, Challanges and Missions confirmed?

Earlier I created topic regarding Aerocaches, Challenges, Missions etc. how cool it would be to have them in MSFS 2020 as well.

If you remember Microsoft Flight 2012, that game had all of that. It's my favorite game, it has over 300 Aerocaches and over 10 Missions with proper voice acting.

Will MSFS 2020 have any of this? MSFS 2020 world could have like thousands of Aerocaches made by Microsoft and Community.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/556316-i-want-missions-challanges-jobs-and-aerocache-hunt/?tab=comments#comment-4025631

• Like 1

I sincerely hope so. I loved the missions in Flight Simulator X, though I found those in Microsoft Flight and Flight Sim World rather bland. The Aerocache hunts were really fun too, if a bit distracting during Free Flight, so I'd like the option to turn them off in such a case.

I really hope they'll be included.  

Lots of goodies and activities for the new flight simmer.  Not just the "lessons" from FSX, but things like the landing challenges from Flight, which were hard but fair.  Sightseeing tours in the Stearman biplane.  Lots of things that not only give a new flyer reasons to fly, but to showcase the features of the sim.

Seasoned FSX simmers forget that FSX had those activities.  

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

12 hours ago, Strahinja said:

Earlier I created topic regarding Aerocaches, Challenges, Missions etc. how cool it would be to have them in MSFS 2020 as well.

If you remember Microsoft Flight 2012, that game had all of that. It's my favorite game, it has over 300 Aerocaches and over 10 Missions with proper voice acting.

Will MSFS 2020 have any of this? MSFS 2020 world could have like thousands of Aerocaches made by Microsoft and Community. 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/556316-i-want-missions-challanges-jobs-and-aerocache-hunt/?tab=comments#comment-4025631

I hope so. I made about 25 Aerocaches that are still in MS Flight  under Air1. Other people did even more. That was a lot of fun.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Aerocaches, challenges and missions were one of the reasons I liked MS FLIGHT so much.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm all for them. I'm not a tubeliner fan as such so I spend the majority of my time low and slow. The aerocaches and challenges were perfect for this.

I sincerely hope MS is planning on including them in MSFS and also gives us the ability to add more.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I am so glad that all of you would like new Flight sim to have all of this features like Flight 2012 had.

This is going to be most realistic simulation game ever made.

This beautiful scenery doesn't deserve to be seen from high altitude. For big planes that's ok, but for small planes we would need features like Aerocaches, Jobs, Missions like introduction to Icon A5, Start up procedures, Navigation tutorials, all that with epic voice acting like Flight 2012 had.

When Microsoft opens MSFS 2020 Forum we should all "attack" Microsoft to find out are they planing all mentioned features indeed. If not, at least they will know what we want, so hopefully we will get all that in future updates.

As I said MSFS world could take like thousands of Aerocaches made by Community and Missions for small planes and especially for big planes. I am not fan of big planes but I would definitely start flying them if Microsoft make ultra detailed tutorials and checklists.

With all respect due to my fellow simmers, a sandbox sim would be enough for me. No caching or challenge or mission with the release.  I’d rather have the team to concentrate on the central features. A good mission editor and let the community run wild with it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, domkle said:

I’d rather have the team to concentrate on the central features.

Adding these activities doesn't need to take away from the central features.  They can be done by an outside team if necessary with no additional effort from the core team, or even any interaction.  It is a stand-alone project.

After a certain point, adding people to the core team does not increase productivity.  If Microsoft wants to spend additional resources on activities, it will be a good feature for new simmers and a selling point.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

12 hours ago, Air1 said:

MS Flight  under Air1.

Hello Steve, long time no see, Jack Harper T49

Edited by jpc55
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, domkle said:

With all respect due to my fellow simmers, a sandbox sim would be enough for me. No caching or challenge or mission with the release.  I’d rather have the team to concentrate on the central features. A good mission editor and let the community run wild with it.

I agree but also think they will at least add some kind of missions feature like FSX.  We don't need so much fancy fluff if: there's nasty weather transitions, the ATC/traffic is broken or there's horrible fps at big airports (non optimized graphics / multi-core processing). 

• Upvote 1

I feel they are def gonna have everything that makes it MSFS

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 9/28/2019 at 5:14 PM, Strahinja said:

This sounds like a windup 🙂.

Microsoft did mention missions in the survey for the tech alpha registration, so I suspect they are looking to see how much interest there is. Personally I love missions and they are a great way of showing off the simulator.

7 hours ago, LHookins said:

Adding these activities doesn't need to take away from the central features.  They can be done by an outside team if necessary with no additional effort from the core team, or even any interaction.  It is a stand-alone project.

Adding missions shouldn't be taken for granted @LHookins. Microsoft need to include this in there SDK before third party developers can add missions. This is a new simulator. I would find it hard to believe Microsoft releasing a Microsoft Flight Simulator without mission support but if the base product doesn't have any missions or tutorials then it might be difficult to include this in the SDK.