Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

Stutter after 1.2 when landing

Hi

With 1.0 all was fine .. i tried 1.1 and that seemed ok but did not test it much but with 1.2 im now getting quite a few pauses , freezes .. stutters when landing which i did not have before .

Today i did EGCC to EGLL landing 27R during a vatsim event and thats when it happened .. i thought maybe its the server ... so i did a flight off line from EBBR to EGLL .. same thing landing 27R .. i also noticed i was getting stutters when i switched airports for a few minutes, its as if UCGX is trying to read the AFCAD files/airport scenery or something like that , also P3D was taking a long time to load up at an airport, i have uninstalled UGCX and noticed much faster loading up at an airport.. im now about to do the EBBR to EGLL flight again and will let yuo know how it goes .... I did install 1.1 before installing 1.2 before i found out there was a problem with 1.1 so not sure if thats it, will keep you updated on this flight .

Rich

Edited by keenrw

ugcx_banner.png

Update .. after uninstalling UGCX 1.2 the stutters on landing at EGLL were gone and it was smooth as it was using v1.0...loading up at the airport was faster too with UGCX uninstalled ....hope we can track down whats causing this as i hate to have to leave it :((( been loving it so far .

Rich

Edited by keenrw
  • Upvote 1

ugcx_banner.png

yeah i just did ...today from EGCC to EGLL i got a bad stutter on landing 27R ... so i did another flight from EBBR to EGLL landing 27R same again bad stutter on landing, also got stutters when switching from one airport to another and P3D on loading was stuck at 6% for quite a bit ... never got this with 1.0 and once uninstalled everything was fine as i did the EBBR to EGLL flight again and the landing was smooth .

Sounds like UGCX is trying to read the files of every airport you go to , but thats just my idea as i dont know how it all works inside but 1.0 was much better sadly sim performance wise.

My PC is middle of the range but still handles P3D fine

I7-8700K and a GTX1080 GPU 16 gig mem W10 64bit pro.

Thanks Rich

ps missing UGCX already and the dam default Pushbacks lol 

Edited by keenrw

ugcx_banner.png

Update .. reinstalled UGCX and changed BGLFileSizeLimit=4 seems to have stopped the stutters and the load time is back to normal , just finished the test flight EBBR to EGLL again ...landed with out any stutters or freezing 🙂 ..welcome back UGCX lol

Rich

Edited by keenrw

ugcx_banner.png

The cause of the issue in this thread is closely related to the issue in this thread:

So when this is solved the other will be.

Cheers

spacer.png

I can also confirm major stuttering on landing with multiple aircraft (PMDG, FSLabs, CaptainSim). v1.2

Edited by samwheeler

I can chime in, also noticed stutters on landing. In general the performance hit is way bigger then 1.0 version,which I dont noticed at all performancewise. With 1.2 loading into the scenery takes way longer suddenly. 

Edited by Rhinozherous

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Open this file with notepad:

C:\Users\***your user name****\AppData\Roaming\Ultimate Ground Crew X\Ultimate Ground Crew X.ini

Change the 0 to a 4.

BGLFileSizeLimit=0

to this:

BGLFileSizeLimit=4

Next:

Delete the scenery index files located here:

C:\Users\****your user name*****\AppData\Roaming\Ultimate Ground Crew X\Scenery\P3D / FSX / FSX SE

Select the P3D / FSX folder depending what you have and delete the scenery index files.

Then re-start your Simulator and the UGCX scenery index files will regenerate.

You'll notice your load times will be a lot of faster because only files less than 4 MB will be indexed.

On 9/28/2019 at 9:55 PM, keenrw said:

Update .. after uninstalling UGCX 1.2 the stutters on landing at EGLL were gone and it was smooth as it was using v1.0...loading up at the airport was faster too with UGCX uninstalled ....hope we can track down whats causing this as i hate to have to leave it :((( been loving it so far .

Rich

Having the same issue as well 1.2, heavy stutters and long pauses at landing touchdowns and taxing to aprons.  Had to uninstall to resolve.

ugcx_banner.png

This will be resolved on v1.3, we are testing it prior releasing it, so we are sure we don't break any other thing that was working right, sorry by the inconvenience

• Like 3

spacer.png

Glad I found this thread! I have been tearing my hair out last few stays with awful stutters on landing! I put 2 and 2 together on my last landing when combined with the long data loading times since the upgrade. 

Fingers crossed for a fix soon! :)

41 minutes ago, christinney said:

Glad I found this thread! I have been tearing my hair out last few stays with awful stutters on landing! I put 2 and 2 together on my last landing when combined with the long data loading times since the upgrade. 

Fingers crossed for a fix soon! 🙂

If you do this it will help until the fix is out mate ... has done for me and im the original poster.

====================================

Open this file with notepad:

C:\Users\***your user name****\AppData\Roaming\Ultimate Ground Crew X\Ultimate Ground Crew X.ini

Change the 0 to a 4.

BGLFileSizeLimit=0

to this:

BGLFileSizeLimit=4

Next:

Delete the scenery index files located here:

C:\Users\****your user name*****\AppData\Roaming\Ultimate Ground Crew X\Scenery\P3D / FSX / FSX SE
Select the P3D / FSX folder depending what you have and delete the scenery index files.

Then re-start your Simulator and the UGCX scenery index files will regenerate.
You'll notice your load times will be a lot of faster because only files less than 4 MB will be indexed.

ugcx_banner.png