Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

Stutter after 1.2 when landing

40 minutes ago, keenrw said:

BGLFileSizeLimit=0

Exactly!, just adding to explain a little bit on this:

When the parameter is like this:

BGLFileSizeLimit=0

This means, it will scan ALL BGL files, including those that contains terrain data, which are already huge! in file size. This is what it really slows down all the process. This issue is closely related to the stuttering and the "loading scenery data" message reported when the simulation is loaded, a fix to this will be included in v1.3

If you have it like this:

BGLFileSizeLimit=4

The module will scan ALL BGL files that have a file size less than 4 MB (Megabytes). Usually the BGL files that contains AFCAD airport layouts, have a smaller file size than those BGL that contains terrain data.You can modify this parameter, in case, there is a BGL file that contains airport data that exceeds the 4 MB file size limit.

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82
  • Like 2

spacer.png

I will check this when I load up this evening.  I did not know there were stutters experienced.

thanks

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Still experiencing this issue two flights today, takeoff out of KPDX 1-2 second stutter, landing KSLC more complex airport 6-8 second stutter, actual pause on landing/touchdown, not good . . 

Working on it . .

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Hey Joe,

We got reports from testing on this, and I made a change to attempt to avoid that pause, but I'll test tonight to see if the change works. I'll let you guys know

spacer.png

Wait, I just noticed I had that pause as well then. I had no idea UGCX was the culprit O_o

Please really consider making your updates not mandatory. Imagine if my add-on plane would stop working mid-flight because an update for my add-on plane was out ?

Edited by Kimp1lot

The v1.3 will fix this pause on landing. However, there is a detail that also helps in improving performace a little bit. That detail is ensuring that the "LogScenRdrDetails" parameter in the UGCX.INI is set to "0" (zero). That parameter is used only for make a diagnostic or to see any issue when reading a scenery area, so it's better to turn it off, during normal operation of the module. Also it will make your LOG file smaller.

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, Kimp1lot said:

I already have this to 0 and still have the stutter upon landing.

V1.3 will fix the stutter but for now open the ini file and change this setting BGLFileSizeLimit=   to    BGLFileSizeLimit=4 , its helped my stutter on landing

Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Yep, was just saying ; although, it's already at 4.

I don't have stutters after landing, I only have a pause near/upon touchdown. Will see if v1.3 fixes.

The pause is because the module is attempting to load the airport data that belongs to the airport where you are landing, as a result, it scans scenery files to locate the information. We are changing this so it only do that when the airplane is not moving, when it's outside of the runway somewhere in the airport. to ensure you don't have this kind of issues on such an important phase of the flight. Also we improved the scenery loading process so it doesn't takes that loong but only few seconds.

Cheers,

spacer.png