Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

Stutter after 1.2 when landing

@byork Thanks, although according to your yesterday's post the update should be out in 3 hours max now so I will wait

Edited by Kimp1lot

In v1.2 i have with

BGLFileSizeLimit= 0 - Stutters

with

BGLFileSizeLimit= 4 - Freeze till  5 sec.

I hope the new update solved the problem.

Just as a follow up, I sent today's morning a new compiled version of the module to Bryan, he will be testing the changes to check if actually the landing pause is fixed, and some other few more stuff that I had to add last minute too. He will be testing to also ensure we didn't break anything else, then he would hand it over to the beta test team, for double check it's all fine.

Cheers,

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, Kimp1lot said:

Ok then I sent you a ticket @byork

I don't want to go back to GSX 😞

Bryan, did you get me feedback on the "no" stutters this weekend with beta?

Just checking.

JP

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

I sent you an email Bryan with a rehash of my feedback.

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

I tried the 1.3 beta and the stutter on landing is still here, less than before supposedly, but still here.

Any chance you can stop making your software load things when he's not required ? A on/off button would be great, as suggested somewhere else.

Edited by Kimp1lot

Hey

No, there is a version of the v1.3, that has the same version number (v1.3) that has the issue on landings, BUT, there is a compiled version that I sent Bryan recently (last night), which also has v1.3, that doesnt have the issue on landing.

Cheers,

spacer.png

Roger, I received the beta 09th of October 0421z so I guess I don't have the correct one!

Although why does it have to load things ? GSX does not as far as I know for example.

Edited by Kimp1lot

54 minutes ago, Kimp1lot said:

Although why does it have to load things ? GSX does not as far as I know for example

It should be doing it at some point. It's loading the airport information in memory from the BGL files.

spacer.png

Maybe only when the menu is called ? Anyway, if it's fixed (hopefully it is because as you know we mainly fly to land and if it freezes upon landing it's a no-go for me) it's ok.

Hope it's soon released!

maybe two possible option could be included

1) I think many people use a flight plan. So if a flight plan is loaded in the sim, you could also load the ugcx data of the destination airport upon starting the flight. Only when landing at an airport not planned (emergency landing, alternate) you then reload the data.

2) An option could be provided to load and display ugcx animation (tug, ground crew, ...) upon loading the flight. so when you start your flight you will have everything there from start, no pop up of anything. It should be an option so those who don't like or want it because of interference with other addons (GSX?) could disable it.

Cheers
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

On 10/11/2019 at 5:33 AM, seahorse said:

1) I think many people use a flight plan. So if a flight plan is loaded in the sim, you could also load the ugcx data of the destination airport upon starting the flight. Only when landing at an airport not planned (emergency landing, alternate) you then reload the data.

This is a good idea. Like having in the cache the destination and departure airports?

Also, there is a "Reload scenery" button, on the "Options" section in the FSX/P3D like menu. That is there in case UGCX couldn't load the scenery or something. It's never meant to be used, but it's a kinda emergency menu button, in case the cache wasnt loaded.

On 10/11/2019 at 5:33 AM, seahorse said:

An option could be provided to load and display ugcx animation (tug, ground crew, ...) upon loading the flight. so when you start your flight you will have everything there from start, no pop up of anything

This is a nice idea too!, so it doesn't pop-ups out from nowhere.

Manuel

• Like 2

spacer.png