Sign in to follow this  
BigT65

Free GPS for P3Dv4.5

Is there a free GPS that can be used with the Lockheed Electra. This is a pretty cool airplane and I have taken a liking to it. But, without a map or GPS it is not easy to find airports and specific runways especially in bad weather. I know I can use the map under the Navigation tab but not while flying. Also I realize that having a GPS on an aircraft like the Electra is not realistic but I want one anyway. Is there a generic GPS I can use as an addon?

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

installed the KLN90B GPS into P3Dv4.5 then loaded up the Lockheed Electra to try it out. The gauge does not show in the Electra and I could see no place to activate it. The operation instructs only talked about how to turn it on and use it once it is in the plane. I need to know how to get it to show up in the plane. Anyone know anything about this gauge that can help me out?

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

Someone from the AvSim forum help me out by showing me how to include the Garmin 500 GPS from the Beechcraft King Air into the Electra. This worked out perfectly. I now have a great GPS in the Lockheed Electra which makes it much easier to find my way around.

• Like 1

So BigT how did you do it?

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

pgde,

I didn't actually do it myself. The other guy modified my Electra Panel.cfg file so that the GPS would show up on the menu and also by typing Shift + 1. If you like the Electra and want a GPS I can copy the file to you.