Sign in to follow this  
Redeye1

P3D GSX conflict?

Recently, every time I exit P3D 4.5, I receive an error message that reads "P3D has stopped working. Please close the program".  I recently shut down GSX before a flight, and noticed that P3D closed without giving me the message.  However, the next time I used it (GSX) I received the same error message.  Therefore I have concluded that there must be a conflict, (aren't I brilliant, lol), but am at a loss as to how to track down the problem area.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael

Have you tried running the FSDT updater, it may be GSX has been corrupted. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

@Redeye1 Hi,

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Is it possible you are, like me, still enjoying Windows 7? If so, then this is a known problem and you won’t receive any help from Umberto at FSDT. They ditched support for W7 users a while ago.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20913.0.html

However, it is not really a serious issue as it only occurs during P3D exit and will not cause any data corruption. 

I get around the ‘problem’ by simply disabling GSX when I don’t need it for a particular simming session.

Otherwise, while disappointing, there is really nothing we can do about it short of switching to Windows 10 or, in my case, reinstalling P3D under Windows 10 which I refuse to do. So, stuff like this just has to be accepted in the name of ‘progress’.

Regards,

Mike

" in my case, reinstalling P3D under Windows 10 which I refuse to do. So, stuff like this just has to be accepted in the name of ‘progress’. "

I suppose you have your reasons, and you are perfectly entitled to them but for me, Windows 10 plus P3d has been the best ever.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

guess  me  staying  on xp home is out  of the   question 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

51 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

guess  me  staying  on xp home is out  of the   question 🙂

Ha ha.😁

I suppose you still light a fire for cooking and to make coffee.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Let’s not go down that road....yet again!

P3D + all my favoured Addons, are working great under Windows 7. Why on earth would I deliberately rock the boat when there is absolutely no need? The more observant among you will note that I am using Windows 10 as well under a Dual Boot arrangement and, in time, doubtless will migrate to using it exclusively. My intention is to ‘lock’ P3Dv4.5/6 under Windows 7 and reserve Windows 10 for an evolving P3D v5 and, possibly, also MSFS2020 depending on how it performs.

Most of my Steam based games, AF2 and X-Plane 11 installed under Windows 7, work perfectly when called from Windows 10 without any requirement to reinstall. DCSWorld, Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey, The Hunter: COTW are installed under Win 10 exclusively.

I have zero hassles these days with Win 7. Hand on heart can the same be said of Win 10? I’m thinking mostly about MS’s tendency to unleash updates that have, quite clearly, been receiving inadequate testing.

Mike

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruachan said:

@Redeye1 Hi,

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Is it possible you are, like me, still enjoying Windows 7? If so, then this is a known problem and you won’t receive any help from Umberto at FSDT. They ditched support for W7 users a while ago.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20913.0.html

Thanks Mike! That explains it as I'm still running W7 Pro...

Regards,

Mike

2 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Let’s not go down that road....yet again! 

P3D + all my favoured Addons, are working great under Windows 7. Why on earth would I deliberately rock the boat when there is absolutely no need? The more observant among you will note that I am using Windows 10 as well under a Dual Boot arrangement and, in time, doubtless will migrate to using it exclusively. My intention is to ‘lock’ P3Dv4.5/6 under Windows 7 and reserve Windows 10 for an evolving P3D v5 and, possibly, also MSFS2020 depending on how it performs.

Most of my Steam based games, AF2 and X-Plane 11 installed under Windows 7, work perfectly when called from Windows 10 without any requirement to reinstall. DCSWorld, Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey, The Hunter: COTW are installed under Win 10 exclusively.

I have zero hassles these days with Win 7. Hand on heart can the same be said of Win 10? I’m thinking mostly about MS’s tendency to unleash updates that have, quite clearly, been receiving inadequate testing.

Mike

Mike,

My tongue in cheek remark was directed at Pete_AUAU, not you. I really have no problem with your arrangements.

All I am saying is that for me, W10 is way more stable than W7 ever was and thus is my go-to for P3D. The odd problem notwithstanding.

And yes I did note the dual boot.

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

My tongue in cheek remark was directed at Pete_AUAU, not you. I really have no problem with your arrangements.

Hi Ian,

Understood. However, my response had more to do with the likelihood of another thread descending, yet again, into a ‘you are so foolish for choosing to hang onto Windows 7’ critique. On reflection, perhaps it would have been better for me to have kept shtoom!

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

All I am saying is that for me, W10 is way more stable than W7 ever was and thus is my go-to for P3D. The odd problem notwithstanding.

My experience has been different. I would say that they are about the same in terms of stability. I installed Windows 7 on this rig late 2015 and have encountered very few issues and none that required reinstallation of the operating system. On identical hardware, performance-wise they seem to be about the same. Windows 10 edges it with some benchmarking software, but the difference is never such as to be reflected in daily usage. Results might well vary on different hardware, but then I built my current system with longevity in mind. So far my choices have been vindicated and, for the foreseeable future, feel no need to rush into another upgrade.

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1