Sign in to follow this  
FizziPop

Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview - 30th September

32 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Microsoft Flight Simulator will have over 40.000 stock airports, and the data will be far from perfect for many of them. I'm sure the scenery developers will still have a place in this.

Yes indeed that is just what they said when someone ask about airports. 

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Just now, mr340 said:

Yes indeed that is just what they said when someone ask about airports. 

Nice. I'm still trying to catch up with all the information and the interviews. Since not all has been posted yet, it will take weeks for us to digest this huge information drop.

• Like 1

For scenery developers like Flightbeam Studios and many others this is a dream come true.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

28 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Nice. I'm still trying to catch up with all the information and the interviews. Since not all has been posted yet, it will take weeks for us to digest this huge information drop.

The social media hype is real it only took couple of screenshots to start the 2020 flight sim hype train  . Now with the alpha stage of this sim how well it looks its just mind boggling. I was a bit surprise when Microsoft stated they are very well active here on avsim with what the community wants. They put us first on the list rather than game console members .  Its a brand new team that is slowly earning the trust of the flight sim community . 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Mr Leny

A bomb just exploded. I'm speechless... This is even more incredible than my wildest dreams. Just when I was finished with flight simming, Microsoft has pulled me back in.

Edited by simmerhead
  • Like 4

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It looks amazing! I just couldnt see any street lights in the videos ? probably because its the pre alpha they had access to. 

2 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

Wow so apparently they’re going to share the very same presentations of the 4 important topics which they presented to the insiders. Hopefully we’ll get know more granular details. I however doubt they’ll give any minimum system requirements because from what I gather, even the insiders there weren’t given that information. 

The guy from helosimmer at least sait they where running 4k with a rtx2080 at very high frames. That makes me optimistic for my 2k monitor with a gtx 1080ti

5 minutes ago, Jazznow said:

The guy from helosimmer at least sait they where running 4k with a rtx2080 at very high frames. That makes me optimistic for my 2k monitor with a gtx 1080ti

The French Devs from Asobo studios said that the sim isn’t using ray-tracing even though it looks like it. So my guess is your GTX 1080Ti will be sufficient to run MSFS well. I think the smooth performance is coming due to multi core support, the lack of which was causing bottlenecking and radical frame drops in our current sims. 

4 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

The French Devs from Asobo studios said that the sim isn’t using ray-tracing even though it looks like it. So my guess is your GTX 1080Ti will be sufficient to run MSFS well. I think the smooth performance is coming due to multi core support, the lack of which was causing bottlenecking and radical frame drops in our current sims. 

My brain isn't gonna know what to do with a smooth micro-stutter free flying experience for the first time out o the box with no tweaks😂

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I'm wondering what technique they're using for the aircraft reflections (you can see dynamic glass cockpit reflections on the windshield). The water is definitely using screen-space reflections (with all its limitations sadly). I'm hoping that over time we will see an upgrade to ray-tracing.

I haven't been this excited since I built my first ever simming PC back in the 90s. Unbelievable.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Microsoft Flight Simulator will have over 40.000 stock airports, and the data will be far from perfect for many of them. I'm sure the scenery developers will still have a place in this.

Yep. My local airport is a regional one in Australia and suffice to say that not only has it literally just been a couple of runway strips in the previous default products, but no one has ever attempted a third party one either. I think it is this sort of market that will still thrive, especially as a lot of the world has very poor satellite data (where I live being an example - you'd never produce anything of any consequence relying on the techniques MS are using here for their "detailed" areas - it would be hopeless).

It seems that the development team have NOT taken the advice of the community to call the new sim FS2020!

Beat news ever!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

3 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Ok I'll just say this. They've got rainbows in the sim and proper rain shafts. I cry with joy and happiness.

you're gonna cry beautiful glorious rainbow tears and they'll smell of cotton candy 😂

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2