Sign in to follow this  
FizziPop

Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview - 30th September

2 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

The French Devs from Asobo studios said that the sim isn’t using ray-tracing even though it looks like it. So my guess is your GTX 1080Ti will be sufficient to run MSFS well. I think the smooth performance is coming due to multi core support, the lack of which was causing bottlenecking and radical frame drops in our current sims. 

The guy from helisimmer confirmed that each machine was running with a RTX 2080, which has almost the same performance of a GTX 1080 ti.

• Like 1

The only thing we haven't see is season...i'm from Canada and for my that's very important...anyways i'm sure a 3rd partie developper will do it...and that will be more easy to install...more user friendly than the one do for x-plane...

Phil Tremblay

5 hours ago, Noooch said:

Phewww, where are the people that kept saying, I won t give my P3D away now I have purchased thousands on it?

You got this right. I have thousands invested in P3D which I pretty much stopped using 2 months ago due to general sim fatigue and frustration with the many annoying and time-wasting aspects of it all (broken products, continued poor performance, etc, etc).  I have been simming on and off since 1988 and I predict a mass exodus from the current platforms.....

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 5

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 hours ago, Hal Bryan said:

After mostly lurking here for at least 20 years or so, I thought I'd share my thoughts from the preview event.

http://inspire.eaa.org/2019/09/30/an-inside-look-at-microsofts-newest-flight-simulator/

tl;dr - it's good. 

Hal Bryan is here!  Woohoo a true flightsim Titan!  Thanks for the write-up Hal!

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Given that as a community we are naturally prone to criticize, I wish to say something very simple to Microsoft, Adobo and the others at this point: THANK YOU. After a few years away from the hobby, you make me extremely excited about flightsimming.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

at this point, without any showcase or any mention of seasons, I don't think they'll be included at launch.  BUT other than that, I cannot believe my eyes! BREATH TAKING.

Edited by Sticky

Really unbelievable!!!! I am blown away.............

3 hours ago, Hal Bryan said:

After mostly lurking here for at least 20 years or so, I thought I'd share my thoughts from the preview event.

Thank you Hal for the well-written synopsis of the Preview event. Having been a beta tester for each iteration of FS since FS2002, I am very excited to see glimpses of this newest incarnation. I'm also happy that I'll be able to port most of our existing inventory, and will be able to produce new aircraft for MSFS.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Dear Microsoft,
I am overwhelmed!

I would like to pre-order for full access to BETA! Small mistakes will forgive you, even in the BETA. I would even like to pass on mistakes to you and be part of the team. 

You are incredible and I am impatient!

Thank you!

Wow - almost 70 years old here and simming for a long time.  But, we're reaching a level that I didn't think I'd see in my lifetime.  I really have to wonder how anyone could stay with any of the competition if what we see here ends up being offered to us in 2020!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale