Sign in to follow this  
FizziPop

Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview - 30th September

1 hour ago, Baber20 said:

I share the feelings. Its not a completely new sim built from scratch. In the recent video of FSElite's developer interview on Aerodynamics, the CEO made it very clear that their flight model is built on existing legacy code of fsx. I just hope same is not the case with their rendering engine.

Not sure what you are trying to imply. That somehow, its going to be bad? 

Although I understand what you are saying, many commentators who have had first hand experience with the sim have already mentioned that the 'flying on rails' complaint typically associated with FSX is a thing of the past.  It is a dynamic atmosphere with individual components of the airframe geometry reacting (individually) to relative airflow.  That is a significant change.

Older air.files from FSX legacy flightsim platforms may be used , which would decouple from the new aerodynamic system and react as it would have reacted in P3D - that's my understanding

Remember what they development team have said.  This will be a hardcore sim, aimed at hardcore simmers.  That is a significant statement

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Oh my god..... this and a PMDG 787 or A220 and I will never look back 😄

Edited by swiesma
  • Like 1

I think people should realize that the legacy mode may enable users to use old stuff in MSFS but obviously it will also be a very limited 'mode'. You will be flying OLD stuff in a NEW sim. I think the legacy mode will be a sim within a sim, so to speak.

I forgot the proper terminology but in FSX/P3D planes have 1 'surface' with which the flight engine can 'play': new MSFS planes will have 1000 'surfaces' to 'play' with. (Again, pardon the wrong terminology.) Don't expect an FSX/P3D plane to magically have 1000 'surfaces': it will still have 1.

Or let's take reflections: an FSX/P3D will still have baked in reflections on the windows, they won't magically disappear and become real time. And so on.

I think the legacy mode is an EXTRA mode which enables users to use old stuff in MSFS but that doesn't mean the entire sim is using old stuff. The sim itself is brand NEW. The legacy mode is a mode that operates 'beside' or 'within' the official MSFS 'mode'. As if you are using FSX within MSFS. If you get what I mean. 'Real' MSFS planes and scenery will have features that legacy stuff can only dream off. At least that's my take on it. 😉 

I will certainly not use any legacy stuff in MSFS. That will certainly cripple the experience. I will only be using planes and scenery and whatever add ons that use the full MSFS features.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

I will certainly not use any legacy stuff in MSFS. That will certainly cripple the experience. 

I'd disagree ... personally I'm only interested in gliders/soaring - the new scenery and particularly the new atmospheric model are the experience for me - if I can use the excellent Aerosoft FSX gliders in MSFS2020 I'll be very happy with the experience 🙂

Cheers
Keith

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Baber20 said:

I share the feelings. Its not a completely new sim built from scratch. In the recent video of FSElite's developer interview on Aerodynamics, the CEO made it very clear that their flight model is built on existing legacy code of fsx. I just hope same is not the case with their rendering engine.

But they also said that the FSX flight model was based on a single surface whereas the new one is based on 1000 individual surfaces. Also, I don't think you need to be worried about the rendering engine - it's clearly not even remotely similar to the one used in FSX.

I don't really understand why some people are disappointed that legacy code may have made it's way into the new sim. Surely it's the quality and performance of the sim that's important and not the code it contains? If they hadn't mentioned that it was based on FSX (although significantly rewritten, apparently), I'm sure that no one would have come to that conclusion from what we've seen so far - if they'd said that it was entirely new, I'm convinced that no one would have questioned them.

Edited by vortex681
  • Upvote 2

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

A glider with a single point contact vs one with 1000 per surface.. No contest.. 

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

29 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

A glider with a single point contact vs one with 1000 per surface.. No contest.. 

Agreed - when there is one.

Didn't they also imply in the video that they tried to make their own plane but they found the FSX code to be a much better way of going about it? The issue was it was a bit too simplified.

Wow - Seattle is looking GOOD

t2926i4q65q31.pngn0qbep4q65q31.png

Edited by irrics

10 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

The New Generation of Fs2020 its Reality, it’s coming 2020, something witch we never experienced before.  End of blurries , end of low FPS, END of popping ups and black textures. End of tweaking cfgs. It’s a real world, pure reality,

For all those who likes it or not.

Geo

I saw texture and clod pops, what makes you so sure?

• Like 1

Asus P6T deluxe v.2 MB, i7 940 3.5ghz CPU, 6gb ddr3 1600 Ram, ,1K watt Antec PS, 300gb 10k rpm vraptor HDD, Windows 7pro 64, nvidea 470 GTX, Track IR4, Matrox TH2G w/21" displays, Saitek X52 pro hotas and yoke, CH pedels, Butt Kicker

3 minutes ago, Cayenne said:

I saw texture and clod pops, what makes you so sure?

Me too - I tried to pretend I didn't see them - but they were there..  

hqdefault.jpg

Here is also a clear picture of the main menu from one of the comments. Seems to be on the main tab, where we can see a "Welcome to the Tech Alpha" text. So the build available during the event is probably the same as the first Tech Alpha.

And there are tabs for Profile (stats, rewards/achievements and logbook presumably), Marketplace and Options. Hopefully the options will be at least as detailed as Flight Simulator X. Microsoft Flight and Flight Sim World went backwards on this.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty