Sign in to follow this  
FizziPop

Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview - 30th September

3 hours ago, keithb77 said:

I'd disagree ... personally I'm only interested in gliders/soaring - the new scenery and particularly the new atmospheric model are the experience for me - if I can use the excellent Aerosoft FSX gliders in MSFS2020 I'll be very happy with the experience 🙂

Cheers
Keith

This will be a big mistake from you 🙂 OLD planes will not be able use a new flight dynamic FS2020. Planes designed for FSX, even the best commercial VFR models, could not be comparable with planes designed for new flight dynamic FS2020 due a strong restriction with only one simulation point (FSX dynamic) vs. 1000 points per plane (FS2020 dynamics). Will not so good experience with old model in new simulator, like a new models in a new simulator 🙂 I think there will be a new good models shortly after FS2020 officialy launched.

Are those pictures and info posted above not in breach of an NDA? 

If so, AVSIM moderators should respect that. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, irrics said:

Wow - Seattle is looking GOOD

Except for no cars on I-5 in the middle of the day, the reason I really hate driving into Seattle. 😄

I'm sure there will be traffic in the final sim. It's just funny what we all tend to notice first. 

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

7 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Except for no cars on I-5 in the middle of the day, the reason I really hate driving into Seattle. 😄

I'm sure there will be traffic in the final sim. It's just funny what we all tend to notice first. 

Or LA, or Chicago, or New york. Lol

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

How do you know the person taking the pictures signed an NDA?  It's possible there were support staff (i.e. photographers and the like) in attendance who did not sign the NDA.

Funny thing about NDAs is that they only apply to the people who signed them 😉

Edited by TechguyMaxC
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

How do you know the person taking the pictures signed an NDA?  It's possible there were support staff (i.e. photographers and the like) in attendance who did not sign the NDA.

The source video is from tweakers.net

One of the guys at the session said that nobody was allowed to take pictures of anything, as did one of the girls at the door, when asked. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

16 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

^^ this 

Do we really need to worry about it here?

I’m glad somebody shared it 

Edited by irrics

1 minute ago, Wobbie said:

One of the guys at the session said that nobody was allowed to take pictures of anything, as did one of the girls at the door, when asked. 

Sure, but "not allowed" isn't enforceable, unless the person taking and sharing the pics signed the aforementioned NDA.

The video where that last picture came from actually has plenty of shots of the testing area. I'm surprised this was allowed.

16 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hi, a question please, with Download speed of 10.4 Mbps and Upload speed of 2.0 Mbps that would be ok for live streaming for the New FS2020?
Thank you

Geo

I feel like you may struggle with that bandwidth if you are in a dense city filled with photogrammetry buildings but you do have other options.

Basically as Lionel Fuentes lead programmer at Asobo Studio described it the streaming will consist of Bing 3D cities (photogrammetry scans of cities of which there are around 400), aerial imagery and elevation data (mesh). There will be three modes of play for creating the world.

• Live - where data is constantly streamed over the internet for photogrammetry, aerial imagery and elevation data.
  • Cached - The Live data will instead be sourced from a harddisk if available improving performance otherwise will be streamed as required.
  • Offline - Landclass imagery tiles included in the base product will be used along with vector data for roads and rivers etc much like we have now for FSX.

I say Offline would be like we have now, but thats only regarding the data used. The rendering will be nothing like FSX as I understand the imagery (offline tiles and aerial) will support procedural generation of autogen objects which includes colouring of trees, buildings and grass to match the terrain.

So for video streaming then cached mode would be the way to go, just ensure you've flown that route before the stream and if you have enough allocation in your cache then you should have very few bandwidth issues but of course I don't actually know, I'm just using an educated guess based on the information I have.

The video below is from an ex ACES developer where he discusses the demands of streaming performance on today's PC's and how you could possibly get an early indication of how the streaming might perform.

Edited by dtrjones
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Wobbie said:

We're not under NDA....  it's no different than a CPU benchmark leak etc etc.

And let's be honest....it's free advertisement!

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 hours ago, irrics said:

^^ this 

Do we really need to worry about it here?

I’m glad somebody shared it 

I'm disgusted by that. MS is so incredibly open and transparent so far, why disrespecting their completely understandable request for taking the immense stuff that they already provided (including letting their guests that day fly around for hours without any restrictions) without taking further pictures or videos?!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, maggussje said:

I'm disgusted by that. MS is so incredibly open and transparent so far, why disrespecting their completely understandable request for taking the immense stuff that they already provided (including letting their guests that day fly around for hours without any restrictions) without taking further pictures or videos?!

I'm sorry, but this is a bit of an overreaction.

1.  We here didn't do anything wrong - somebody posted some pics and we've viewed them

2.  These are not state secrets or plans for a new Nuclear Submarine.  We are talking about pictures of the menu and of the sim setups, etc.  That stuff is *all over* youtube and the internet.  None of this is some highly classified anything.

Can't we keep the outrage at least a touch in proportion here?

3.  Honestly - I have a feeling they are fine with all of this that's out so far.  Interest and buzz is OFF the charts and growing for this new MSFS.  This is literally the most surprising thing in PC gaming in years (in a great way).

Edited by irrics

15 minutes ago, irrics said:

I'm sorry, but this is a bit of an overreaction.

1.  We here didn't do anything wrong - somebody posted some pics and we've viewed them

2.  These are not state secrets or plans for a new Nuclear Submarine.  We are talking about pictures of the menu and of the sim setups, etc.  That stuff is *all over* youtube and the internet.  None of this is some highly classified anything.

Can't we keep the outrage at least a touch in proportion here?

3.  Honestly - I have a feeling they are fine with all of this that's out so far.  Interest and buzz is OFF the charts and growing for this new MSFS.  This is literally the most surprising thing in PC gaming in years (in a great way).

Okay, since you obviously completely misinterpreted my message, let me rephrase: I'm disgusted by people, who intentionally offend against the clearly stated policy of their host, in this case MS. I didn't want to offend anyone here on the forum commenting on the post sharing this information. I, too, looked at the content and I'm fully aware that it's not a state secret that has been shared.

But is it really too much to ask from people to respect a policy from a company, whose hospitatlity you enjoy...?

Edited by maggussje
  • Like 2