Sign in to follow this  
FizziPop

Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview - 30th September

6 hours ago, Noooch said:

What I don't get is how weather doesn't affect performance?

Oh and about the hangar in the trailer? I didn't hear any youtuber speaking about hangars.

Is it possible that FS2020 will have lessons and the hanger was possibly located at Rainier Flight Service? 

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

2 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

Is it possible that FS2020 will have lessons and the hanger was possibly located at Rainier Flight Service? 

Yes.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 hours ago, reignman40 said:

No, according to Bing maps, it's not.

In FSX, when it rained, it rained even inside a hangar, wonder whether this will be more realistic too?

Siggy Schwarz

TaplV4o.png

I wonder how they are, globally, going to handle issues like I've circled above.

Aircraft from the sat photos on the ground.  Surely this must be a problem on the roads with cars ... they would have to overlay all the roads with the "driveable" roads that allow the 3D cars ... how can that be done for every road on the planet?

And how can they prevent aircraft images showing up randomly on airport taxiways and aprons (as in the image above) for all 40,000 airports?

1 hour ago, Gulfstream said:

TaplV4o.png

I wonder how they are, globally, going to handle issues like I've circled above.

Aircraft from the sat photos on the ground.  Surely this must be a problem on the roads with cars ... they would have to overlay all the roads with the "driveable" roads that allow the 3D cars ... how can that be done for every road on the planet?

And how can they prevent aircraft images showing up randomly on airport taxiways and aprons (as in the image above) for all 40,000 airports?

You use machine learning(azure AI) to fix that kind of stuff, In this case you train the AI to detect planes and how to remove them from the image, This is how they remove vehicles from roads and how they are implementing 3d vehicles with paths, trees, etc.

They probably haven't trained the AI how to remove planes, If they already did then they need to feed azure AI with the old images and upload the output on the servers they use to feed FS2020.

Edited by Lokote1998

7 hours ago, Lokote1998 said:

You use machine learning(azure AI) to fix that kind of stuff, In this case you train the AI to detect planes and how to remove them from the image, This is how they remove vehicles from roads and how they are implementing 3d vehicles with paths, trees, etc.

They probably haven't trained the AI how to remove planes, If they already did then they need to feed azure AI with the old images and upload the output on the servers they use to feed FS2020.

You'll notice another issue above the nose of the aircraft, where they have to overlay airport layout data on top of the satellite imagery.

The underlying satellite imagery bleeds around the taxiways.  In addition, the overlaid taxiway ends abruptly when it hits the satellite imagery on the ramp.  This would likely be very jarring when taxiing at ground level.

None of this bothers me, as this simulator is so far beyond what we already have that I'll take it, warts and all.

But these are some of the little issues that are actually some of the most complicated to handle on a global scale.

While we may not care about funky textures on the sides of some autogen building when flying over it at 5,000 feet, we will notice screwed up ground textures when taxiing around an airport.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gulfstream said:

You'll notice another issue above the nose of the aircraft, where they have to overlay airport layout data on top of the satellite imagery.

The underlying satellite imagery bleeds around the taxiways.  In addition, the overlaid taxiway ends abruptly when it hits the satellite imagery on the ramp.  This would likely be very jarring when taxiing at ground level.

None of this bothers me, as this simulator is so far beyond what we already have that I'll take it, warts and all.

But these are some of the little issues that are actually some of the most complicated to handle on a global scale.

While we may not care about funky textures on the sides of some autogen building when flying over it at 5,000 feet, we will notice screwed up ground textures when taxiing around an airport.

Not if they add some degree of decals/bump mapping on the textures when you are closer. 

One of the great things about the new FS, and perhaps why a subscription would not be so terrible, is that these sort of things can be constantly upgraded as the AI gets better and more powerful; maybe the raw satellite date will also improve over time.  We won't have to even download a patch (at least with regard to this type of issue).

And not only that. With it being prealpha I'm not so worried. Its it's there in Beta? Then I'll worry

• Like 1

This is looking like a heck of an interesting sim (to put it mildly) and if performance, features and flight feel live up to promises will likely see me exit X-Plane as a primary. Interesting appeal is their prioritisation of low-and-slow VFR over heavy metal as I fly the former exclusively and in a selfish way, the absence of the airliner “scene” from X-Plane was always a plus. Now, one has to create crafty filtered searches on YouTube and the like to filter out the endless 2hr Twitch streams of “some guy in an Airbus”. I’m sure you jet stream dwellers will be served in good time but it’s good to see Microsoft returning to the spirit of their product and prioritising recreational aviation.

• Like 1

https://i.imgur.com/7dJOpRw.gifv

Car going through the trees on the middle road.

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE.

/s .. just waiting for the lift of the embargo and the alpha for these comments to be rampant.  And the developers wondering why they added cars in the first place.  "But how is the flying?" ... "IT'S GOOD BUT THAT TRUCK DISAPPEARED".