Sign in to follow this  
FizziPop

Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview - 30th September

So now we know that Asobo worked on the game, and we also know that the graphics themselves are rendered on the local system 😩. The game has also been started from ‘scratch’

Edited by FizziPop

This is insane. I can not believe what I am seeing. Much better than I had hoped for. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Looks like this will be the sim to get me back into flight simming.

I would imagine scenery houses like Orbx are also concerned about their future, considering their main business is world and large area scenery. I doubt many people will be buying scenery after the release of this.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, flightskyc said:

Looks like this will be the sim to get me back into flight simming.

I would imagine scenery houses like Orbx are also concerned about their future, considering their main business is world and large area scenery. I doubt many people will be buying scenery after the release of this.

Active sky and rex will also be wondering about their future as well. Microsoft has listened to the community and went all out this time. it's like what everyone wanted has been implemented.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Just now, Bear242 said:

Active sky and rex will also be wondering about their future as well. Microsoft has listened to the community and went all out this time. it's like what everyone wanted has been implemented.

Good point.

TBH I’m selfishly pleased they did this, flight simming had become such an expensive hobby and I often wouldn’t fly to somewhere unless I had decent scenery. Often I’d purchase something, but then never fly there again, which is wasteful.

whilst I do have empathy for the various scenery devs and other FS related businesses out there, something had to change.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, flightskyc said:

Good point.

TBH I’m selfishly pleased they did this, flight simming had become such an expensive hobby and I often wouldn’t fly to somewhere unless I had decent scenery. Often I’d purchase something, but then never fly there again, which is wasteful.

whilst I do have empathy for the various scenery devs and other FS related businesses out there, something had to change.

100% Agree, I never fly anywhere as well unless I have paid for better scenery in that area. Maybe the devs at those companies might try and up Microsoft as well, you never know, but this just blows everything else away whats on the market.

I also wonder how x plane and prepar3d will hold up in the future. I have not touched FS in quite a few months, I will now wait for this one next year.

• Like 1

Redmond Washington – Today, we have reached another critical milestone in our development. On September 19th and 20th, Microsoft hosted a small number of press and community representatives at the Rainier Flight Service in Renton Washington to attend the Global Preview Event for the next evolution of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

The team was honored and humbled to share our passion for flight with attendees from around the world. From taking actual flights in Cessna 172s to sitting down and spending a few hours playing our pre-alpha build, the entire event was a magical opportunity to sit down and talk in detail about the development and product.

The Global Preview Event also marks the next step in our communication with the community regarding more granular product details. The team gave technical presentations on four important topics during the event:

1. World
2. Sky
3. Aerodynamics
4. Cockpits

Starting today, you’ll get to see and hear the reactions from those in attendance. Starting in October, these presentations will be delivered to the community as part of our Feature Discovery Series.

Since our introduction at E3, it’s been an incredible journey. The engagement by the community and support we’ve received from flight simulation fans around the world, has been truly amazing. Today we embark on our next phase of development and look forward to a new level of collaboration and communication with the community!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Source: https://www.flightsimulator.com/september-30th-2019-development-update/

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator will have over 40.000 stock airports, and the data will be far from perfect for many of them. I'm sure the scenery developers will still have a place in this.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Wow so apparently they’re going to share the very same presentations of the 4 important topics which they presented to the insiders. Hopefully we’ll get know more granular details. I however doubt they’ll give any minimum system requirements because from what I gather, even the insiders there weren’t given that information. 

Sids and stars guys, rainbows created genuinely by atmospheric conditions, tire friction depending on runway status, online offline hybrid mode, cold and dark, drag and drop start location, 1000s on aerodynamics surfaces sumulated, humidity affecting aerodynamics, street lights illuminating clouds from below, moon from above....

Phewww, where are the people that kept saying, I won t give my P3D away now I have purchased thousands on it?

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 10

2 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Sids and stars guys, rainbows created genuinely by atmospheric conditions, tire friction depending on runway status, online offline hybrid mode, cold and dark, drag and drop start location, 1000s on aerodynamics surfaces sumulated, humidity affecting aerodynamics, street lights illuminating clouds from below, moon from above....

Phewww, where are the people that kept saying, I won t give my P3D away now I have purchased thousands on it?

Now I am completely certain that all other simulators will be dead when this is released. This is a huge step up over what we have now (actual 13 years of progress), and all of that in the default simulator, no need for tons of expensive add-ons.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Bear242 said:

I think that weather addons will have a very hard time adapting to the new sim, because they can’t possibly match the volumetric clouds and the shading Microsoft has achieved in the new sim. I mean, rainbows because of precipitation in the distance? Seriously?

Scenery developers could transition to providing high quality airports because I highly doubt the new sim has all 40,000 airports in high definition and fidelity. the only places they could provide scenery is for areas that aren’t covered or mapped by Bing.

I think aircraft developers like PMDG, A2A, Flight Factor etc. will have the best outlook as the majority of simmers  will move to MSFS and cause the MSFS addon market to grow exponentially. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Obviously sad that some developers will find the rug being pulled out from underneath them. However, from a consumer standpoint, it's extremely welcoming to see how robust the simulator is out of the box. If anything, it's a desperate and very needed shaking of the tree, as the third-party scene has grown a bit stagnant and complacent.

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

8 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Haha it’s what happens when developers take advantage of modern game engines instead of piling code on top of outdated engines to make it look shiny. AAA gamers could see this as an ordinary improvement In product offering because they’re used to games developed with modern engines. For us flight simmers it’s a massive improvement only because we’re catching up to modern times instead of finding workarounds in legacy code. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2