Sign in to follow this  
FizziPop

Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview - 30th September

4 minutes ago, maggussje said:

But is it really too much to ask from people to respect a policy from a company, whose hospitatlity you enjoy...?

It’d be nice, sure - but do we need to talk about that here?

I guess maybe reach out to some of them sharing things like this and express your disappointment to them?

• Like 1

I'm sure that ALL who attended the presentation were told not to photograph anything, in fact the attendees mentioned that within their presentations as well.

YES, we must talk about it here.  

Yes, someone did post it on Avsim, breaching the trust that Microsoft had in them.If they were Ok with this, they would not have NDA's in place!

So typical is this lack of respect to the hosts of the presentation, & I'm sure that the person taking the pictures thought he was being 'clever'.

No, it's taking something that you were asked not to take. Plain & simple, & this should not be condoned.

Respect to the host company, who, as we know, keep an eye on Avsim's forums. 

Not well played, Avsim & forum members!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I’m very sorry Microsoft and Asobo. 

Please know that we are only looking at the illicit contraband because we are super excited about your new product. 

Please forgive us.  We are hungry for all the information we can get. 

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maggussje said:

Okay, since you obviously completely misinterpreted my message, let me rephrase: I'm disgusted by people, who intentionally offend against the clearly stated policy of their host, in this case MS. I didn't want to offend anyone here on the forum commenting on the post sharing this information. I, too, looked at the content and I'm fully aware that it's not a state secret that has been shared.

But is it really too much to ask from people to respect a policy from a company, whose hospitatlity you enjoy...?

Before the pearls you are clutching fall to the floor, what should be do? I admit it...I looked too. Should it be taken down in the interest of "hospitality"? I'm sure the mods will live by their decision, will you?

Edited by daveinca2000
  • Like 1

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

I just cannot think of the word that describes the taking of something that you were not supposed to take.

Anyhow, it was posted, it was looked at, that certainly does not condone the taking of it, when it was known that it was not allowed..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

20 minutes ago, daveinca2000 said:

Before the pearls you are clutching fall to the floor, what should be do? I admit it...I looked too. Should it be taken down in the interest of "hospitality"? I'm sure the mods will live by their decision, will you?

Really not sure if anyone is actually reading the posts first before commenting on them. Nobody's calling to take anything down, it's up to the mods to judge. It's only about those "extra clever" people, who are obviously not mature enough to appreciate kindness and hospitality.

Bottom line, we're all extremely excited of what is happening at the moment and can't wait for more and more content to be delivered by whoever does it. But just respect the rules, that's all. And pay some respect to the team at MS and Asobo, who already gave us much, much, much more than anybody dared to even dream of--at least that's my opinion.

Edited by maggussje
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, maggussje said:

Really not sure if anyone is actually reading the posts first before commenting on them. Nobody's calling to take anything down, it's up to the mods to judge. It's only about those "extra clever" people, who are obviously not mature enough to appreciate kindness and hospitality.

Bottom line, we're all extremely excited of what is happening at the moment and can't wait for more and more content to be delivered by whoever does it. But just respect the rules, that's all. And pay some respect to the team at MS and Asobo, who already gave us much, much, much more than anybody dared to even dream of--at least that's my opinion.

Fair enough.

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

12 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Funny thing about NDAs is that they only apply to the people who signed them 😉

Not necessarily actually, for long and boring legal reasons.

Let`s hope Microsoft don't fall out of love with Avsim if more shot`s start appearing here after the insider program start`s.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The only action Avsim can take to ensure the integrity of the website and its user base over the coming months is to ban those who post things which are deliberate breaches or contravene specific wishes of Microsoft.  If MS have  specifically stated that no photos were to be taken of the display screens at the event then posting any pictures here of exactly that (whether you have taken them or not or signed the NDA or not) is silly. 

Yes it seems harmless, yes, no secrets were divulged, but that's not the point.  It's a principle issue.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 3

Correct, & well said.

We all saw the first video clip where the delegate, I forget who, but he had great mutton chops, said that taking pictures of the screens were prohibited, & as he walked in to the venue, he asked the girl at the entrance, & she also said no. So yes, a willful deliberate breach & contravention of their host's wishes, not in good faith.

This cannot be justified by any spin, unless somebody who was actually there can confirm that pictures were taken with the permission of Microsoft & Asobo. 

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Crappy business to steal pictures. Besides NDA and the like, it shows an appalling  disregard for basic honesty.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I am in disagreement with those capturing video from the testing area as well, but now that the video is up, it is public and nothing can be done about it. Such leaks happen all the time. They were not even posted on AVSIM in the first place, these come from YouTube videos that were brought up on Reddit, and then AVSIM.

• Like 1

So, if your were told that you could not do certain things, & you did it counter to what you were told, & you were not caught doing those things, does not make it OK

ergo, if you were told, before entering a store, not to steal, but you did anyway, & walked out the shop, & showed you friends what you took, does not make it OK.

Edited by Wobbie

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Clearly? I think not. If you did it without being caught, or seen, clearly does not make it OK.

Clearly, it must be noted that so far, those are the only pictures taken. If it was allowed, I'm sure that we would have seen many more clear in-game shots, by many of the other delegates. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...