Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

FSElite full coverage of Global Preview Event

https://fselite.net/originals/fselite-attended-microsofts-flight-simulator-global-preview-event/

Quote from Hands-On article

Let me get this out of the way immediately. This is a Flight Simulator. There is no doubt in my mind that Microsoft’s latest entry in their longest-running series (it’s older than Windows) will be the simulator many of you have been dreaming off. Highly detailed scenery, gorgeous weather effects and no restrictions on where in the world you can go. Forget everything that happened with Microsoft Flight (Microsoft sure did with their lack of reference to the game during the press event), as this is a simulator. They made it clear in their recent blog entries, but after trying it, my mind is now at rest. It’s worth noting that what I played earlier this week was a pre-alpha build. Despite that, I am confident in saying that this will be the next generation of flight simulation.

• Like 1

This is what I've been waiting for all these years. To be flying over such detailed scenery that you can actually see your own garden. 🙂 

No good if the flight model is rubbish though,. so nice to see that they are using 1000 points on the aircraft's  surface to calculate the behaviour. 

SID'S and STAR's included. 🙂 

When selecting an airport as your destination, you can then also add in your arrival airport. Doing so will then scan the weather and included waypoint data and plot a route based on a bunch of factors to give you a range of options. It will also include both SIDs and STARs, depending on wind/runway usage. Once you’ve selected your route, you can adjust it to your needs, view a vertical flight path profile (to avoid any mountains) and also a mini navigation log. It’s not as detailed or customisable as software such as SimBrief or PFPX, but for beginners, it’s a great feature and will soon start to educate.

Edited by martin-w