Sign in to follow this  
leon310

Donate?

Donate? And what do I get if I do donate? I pay a lot of money for my website and no one helps me with funds. I don't get it?

Cheers

RP,

Just a quick point ... Please note I speak from a paucity of knowledge of you, your website and your activities.

I have not donated to your website because I have no idea what you are offering to the Flight Sim community. My experience is that most of the people who do, in all honesty, very politely, request a donation, offer to the community freeware or at the very least some very good advice. I am not saying that each and every one, asking for donations, actually deserve a modest sum, if anything at all, but at least most of them offer something without a guaranteed recompense.

They probably do deserve some support, so yes, "really"

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

56 minutes ago, leon310 said:

Donate? And what do I get if I do donate? I pay a lot of money for my website and no one helps me with funds. I don't get it?

Cheers

I have to admit that I don't know who you are or of what website you are referring to.

Ernest Pergrem

Your not answering my question. What do I get if I donate? I am all about ME, period. If I give out money, I want something back.

1 hour ago, leon310 said:

Cheers

If you don't consider the bandwidth, general stability, a huge library of freeware, and the content of AVSIM being worth a donation then I don't know what to tell you.

Running a website the size of AVSIM is no cheap GoDaddy operation and donations help offset the out of pocket expenses our owners pay to keep the site up and maintained. There are also expenses such as the new server drive we had to purchase last year. Our funding drive was exceptional as our member support was outstanding in their generosity.

You are not forced to donate, however. You can enjoy all the benefits we have to offer and it doesn't cost you one cent.  Some of us choose to do so as we feel we are helping support the premier flight simming website in the world.

40 minutes ago, leon310 said:

Your not answering my question. What do I get if I donate? I am all about ME, period. If I give out money, I want something back.

I think I just did.

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

2 hours ago, leon310 said:

And what do I get if I do donate?

The glory of knowing that you are helping to support a site that is offering a lot of freeware to the flight sim community?

2 hours ago, leon310 said:

I pay a lot of money for my website and no one helps me with funds. I don't get it?

I'm sorry, who are you?

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

The simple answer is that you personally don’t get anything. Just the fact that you asked the question speaks volumes about your ignorance...

• Like 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.