Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

Woke up to the flood of MSFS videos and got as excited as a 4 year old on Christmas morning. Then the bombshell in Froogle's video at 25:08

"We asked them about VR they've said no, VR would not be in there at launch, maybe later on but it's perhaps a longer term goal".

Aaaad there's my hopes dashed against the rocks. Not even "no VR from the start, but it will definitely come with an update".

If there's no VR from the start, I doubt the whole thing will ever be optimised for VR. They'll no doubt be targeting 30-40 fps at 4k rather than the 90fps kind of performance VR requires.

The sim looks amazing, but playing on monitors just does nothing for me.

I would imagine the guys over at IPACS (Aerofly FS2 - best sim for VR by a mile) are breathing a huge sigh of relief this morning.

Edit: A clip of the Asobo staff discussing VR gives a more favourable view than Froogle's recollection of what was said. See my comment  

• Like 6

Flightsimmers!

I already took note of the amazing stuff Microsoft and Asobo did release. And honestly, I was really impressed. This grafics, this dynamics, and so far and so on, just amazing and stunning. BUT, and this BUT is big to me. Since I fly VR in P3D and X PLane, I will NEVER buy a sim which does not include VR as well. I just can not imagine to go back on a 2D screen. It does not matter to me how great it looks. Immersion comes with VR. Be IN the sim instead of sitting in front of it. 

For me VR came just 1 year ago. Allthough the grafics where horrible back then compared to today, it was much more amazing to me to be in there instead sitting at my desk in front of my screen. And that feeling I will never forget. I am 41 years old, and my mind did blow away that day I put on my first HMD (after I tried it in a big media store). Since then I have had 6 different models of HMD, now owning a Reverb which brings almost 4K in the HMD and has almost no SDE effect. 

MSFS 2020 would be a no-brainer for me if VR is implemented. Without VR I will not move.

Of course I do not have any numbers ov VR users and so no idea how "big/small" that market is/could become. But I hope that under the flightsimmers the market is big enough to implement VR direct with the first release.

So VR flightsimmers: Chime here and let MSFS 2020 know how much we want VR in release 1!

For me it is very clear....no VR no MSFS 2020 flightsimulator.

Regards Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 10

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

If the the new MSFS exe isn't locked down like all the other distributed Windows Games titles...VR will def happen with or without Microsoft.

The Devs of Flyinside will work on a VR Injector like they have for the other titles.

https://flyinside-fsx.com/

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Tony from Flyinside said the will implement VR for it if its possible

• Like 1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

1 minute ago, blueshark747 said:

Tony from Flyinside said the will implement VR for it if its possible

I just want it in MFSF 2020. I had big problems with Flyinside in combination with P3D and X PLane as well. Also the grafics where horrible (aliasing, shader problems etc.)

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

We have opened simular topics!. But I also made my statement clear. No VR no MFSF 2020 for me.

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

At the moment VR is not mainstream on any platform for the future possibly.

Yes you can stay with what you have the rest will move enough to make MSFS a big success.

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 3

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Of course I do not have any numbers ov VR users and so no idea how "big/small" that market is/could become. But I hope that under the flightsimmers the market is big enough to implement VR direct with the first release.

The VR flight sim market is small and I guess that's why the decision to not include VR at launch.

However, it desperately needed a "killer app" like MSFS to do a great VR implementation out of the box to drive up adoption.

Maybe I'm an exception in terms of how much I like VR, but once I got my Rift, I lost all interest in 2D gaming. Why would I want to view a game through a monitor when I can be in the game?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I just want it in MFSF 2020. I had big problems with Flyinside in combination with P3D and X PLane as well. Also the grafics where horrible (aliasing, shader problems etc.)

Not gonna happen....WMR aren't working with MSFS Team

Even WMR's future is looking uncertain....if its not happening for WMR its not happening in VR at all

a third part VR injector like Flyinside is prob gonna be your only option..and thats if MSFS is even independent of Windows Game Store super ft Knox encryption

im pretty sure it will join the other windows games titles

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

An even bigger problem... the target hardware is evolving rapidly and introduces more issues for development and support.  I don't blame them for not adding VR support in at the get go.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

2 minutes ago, nickhod said:

The VR flight sim market is small and I guess that's why the decision to not include VR at launch.

However, it desperately needed a "killer app" like MSFS to do a great VR implementation out of the box to drive up adoption.

Maybe I'm an exception in terms of how much I like VR, but once I got my Rift, I lost all interest in 2D gaming. Why would I want to view a game through a monitor when I can be in the game?

You are not an exception. How small the market is, I really do not no. But VR is a must for me. And I hope to find other VR simmers as well to chime in here.

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, WarpD said:

An even bigger problem... the target hardware is evolving rapidly and introduces more issues for development and support.  I don't blame them for not adding VR support in at the get go.

May be. Than P3D and X PLane WILL have a market and a USP.......VR

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

We have opened simular topics!. But I also made my statement clear. No VR no MFSF 2020 for me.

It's a shame. I can't help but feel it's partly a political decision as it's ultimately a Microsoft product.

I thought Microsoft had put those days behind them.

WMR might get axed soon (with good reason) and they don't want to help the profit figures of Facebook / Oculus or HTC / Valve.

VR isn't very useful in a training environment, to be honest.

• Like 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

7 minutes ago, rjfry said:

At the moment VR is not mainstream on any platform for the future possibly.

Yes you can stay with what you have the rest will move enough to make MSFS a big success.

Yes, I know. I just wanted to take all chances to chime and probably get attention to it

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png