Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

Just now, mr340 said:

I haven't tried VR yet . But does it actually feel like you are in the game as you said ?

It does. (If you're willing to let your mind go there and not nit-pick every fault with it 😀).

Resolution is the main immersion killer right now, but the resolution of 2nd gen headsets will really help this.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

Let's be honest, it's always a very vocal minority. Same 2-3 people who claim they will NOT be buying it and millions of people want VR, while those threads gather cobwebs.

Probably the other way around.  I won't be getting VR myself.  That doesn't mean I don't want VR to happen for those that want it.

Now we'll have to suffer through constant complaints about no VR on release.  They made a big mistake when they said "no VR at release".  They should have said "it hasn't been decided yet."

Hook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Just now, nickhod said:

No harm in being vocal about it to let Asobo know that plenty of people were really hoping for this at launch.

Even an announcement that "we will support VR within a year of launch" would satisfy a lot of us rather than "maybe, maybe never".

Yes exactly. As i said, NO VR means NO immersion to me. Sitting at my desk does not give me that "flying" feeling as being in there. Maybe other flightsimmers, who don´t use VR now, should try it! Track IR....I am laughing about it since I am in the cockpit, panning around my had and have a 3d Cockpit surrounding me. I prior also thought "it could not be that interesting and super" UNTILL I took a junp, bought it and got in there. So.....definitly al Flightsimmers SHOULD try. It is not that expencive anymore AND....visuals become secondary........believe me! Immersion hits visuals. That is why a 6DOF simulator is the absolute kick. The visuals aren´t even there! It is the immersion. 

• Like 6

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

Yes exactly. As i said, NO VR means NO immersion to me. Sitting at my desk does not give me that "flying" feeling as being in there. Maybe other flightsimmers, who don´t use VR now, should try it! Track IR....I am laughing about it since I am in the cockpit, panning around my had and have a 3d Cockpit surrounding me. I prior also thought "it could not be that interesting and super" UNTILL I took a junp, bought it and got in there. So.....definitly al Flightsimmers SHOULD try. It is not that expencive anymore AND....visuals become secondary........believe me! Immersion hits visuals. That is why a 6DOF simulator is the absolute kick. The visuals aren´t even there! It is the immersion. 

Idd

best 400usd spent

Edited by Sam
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, LHookins said:

Probably the other way around.  I won't be getting VR myself.  That doesn't mean I don't want VR to happen for those that want it.

Now we'll have to suffer through constant complaints about no VR on release.  They made a big mistake when they said "no VR at release".  They should have said "it hasn't been decided yet."

Hook

My question would be: Why did you not go into VR. I can only recommend it. It is a game changer....far bigger as graphics!

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, nickhod said:

It does. (If you're willing to let your mind go there and not nit-pick every fault with it 😀).

Resolution is the main immersion killer right now, but the resolution of 2nd gen headsets will really help this.

Interesting , will have to look into VR in the near future . Maybe 2020 , I do use TrackIR so I assumed it very similar .

• Like 1

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Just now, rjfry said:

If you look at flight simmers today most don't have the hardware that can run the sim for VR let alone the extra cost of the VR hardware, 

Again simply untrue...

Most simmer's PC's are built with hardware for sim performance as first priority and other gaming as the latter

Like any other software its about optimization and Aerofly FS2 i prime example of that..it runs great on older low end hardware

• Like 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Hook

Oh I agree, let them have all the VR they want, should definitely be supported. Just the overbearing attitude about it is mentally exhausting, especially as it always has to sound like there's millions of users screaming for it, when it's in fact the same handful of users every single time. I actually had a Vive headset, got it when they launched, eventually sold it. VR is okay but the technology is / was still too young at the time for me to truly enjoy it. It was good but I can live without.

• Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, mpo910 said:

Why did you not go into VR.

Limited neck flexibility (about 15 degrees to either side).  Lower frame rates.  Lower resolution.  I personally find TrackIR works fine for me with the ability to set a profile to allow me to look directly behind, full resolution and frame rates.  Plus the ability to see the real world around me;  I refuse to cover my eyes completely.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

13 minutes ago, LHookins said:

From what I've read i various surveys, VR is 2% to 4% of the flight sim market.

Given the low frame rate in some of the videos, it's likely that showing that kind of detail in VR would result in unacceptable performance.  But this is a very early build of the sim, there will be additional optimization, development will not stop at release, and VR is likely at some point in the future.

I noticed that they didn't have TrackIR either, which would suffer from similar problems with frame rates.

It's really too early to worry about it at this point.

Hook

I knew all of that. But that is media! And media can stop or hype something by its influence. I did my own test.....VR IS a game changer, not graphics. I think that a lot of simmers haven´t tried it. What could be more stunning as being in THAt environment? Why Airlines train there poeple in Simulators (6DOF with cockpits surrounding)? Because it is almost real......as VR is also!

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

Just the overbearing attitude about it is mentally exhausting, especially as it always has to sound like there's millions of users screaming for it, when it's in fact the same handful of users every single time.

^^ This.  Sorry, guys.

Hook

Larry Hookins

The average PC GPU 1060  CPU 3.6-4.0GHZ if you can run P3D or XPlane at 60frp on that your good to go.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just now, Sethos said:

Oh I agree, let them have all the VR they want, should definitely be supported. Just the overbearing attitude about it is mentally exhausting, especially as it always has to sound like there's millions of users screaming for it, when it's in fact the same handful of users every single time. I actually had a Vive headset, got it when they launched, eventually sold it. VR is okay but the technology is / was still too young at the time for me to truly enjoy it. It was good but I can live without.

You simply don't have to read these threads..no one is forcing you to deal with VR related simming wants.

How about we respect everyone's methods of sim immersion???

What's next?

Raising pitchforks at multi monitor surround simmers???

• Like 4

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Just now, blueshark747 said:

You simply don't have to read these threads..no one is forcing you to deal with VR related simming wants.

How about we respect everyone's methods of sim immersion???

What's next?

Raising pitchforks at multi monitor surround simmers???

And my comment about overbearing attitude proves correct once again 🙂

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, nickhod said:

Nick

I understand your disappointment even if I don't share it.

Explain me why the FS20 team should cater to a minuscule fraction of the flightsim community that may grow (maybe, not sure of that) but still be a minority  ? Doesn't optimizing the sim for VR at 90 fps mean that they will drop some complexity elsewhere. 

Is it the goal of FS20 to promote VR or better simming ? Shouldn't they make a priority to reach fluidity, the true Holy Grail of flightsimming,  for a large screen at hires first  withh their beautiful sceneries?

VR reminds me of 3D movies. Interesting concept,  never took off the ground to become a mass market. 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam