Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

9 minutes ago, mr340 said:

I haven't tried VR yet . But does it actually feel like you are in the game as you said ?

YES. No flat screen in a mask.......3D surrounding.

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

You simply don't have to read these threads..no one is forcing you to deal with VR related simming wants.

We'll shortly be ignoring those threads, but we still have to deal with the militant VR users hijacking other threads.

• Like 4

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

8 minutes ago, mr340 said:

Interesting , will have to look into VR in the near future . Maybe 2020 , I do use TrackIR so I assumed it very similar .

VR is like wearing scuba glasses and looking at a world with less details and considerably lower pixel density.

But still like being IN it and not just looking AT it.

Just now, domkle said:

VR reminds me of 3D movies. Interesting concept,  never took off the ground to become a mass market. 

Good point spot on. I share your same thoughts myself 

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

1 minute ago, blueshark747 said:

You simply don't have to read these threads..no one is forcing you to deal with VR related simming wants.

How about we respect everyone's methods of sim immersion???

What's next?

Raising pitchforks at multi monitor surround simmers???

They have already said for the future but that's not good enough for some, it has taken 5years to get this far do you want it delayed to put in everything that everybody want`s may be another 2 years.

• Like 3

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

VR is not important to me at the moment, although I intend to get a 2nd gen set. By then MSFS is hopefully VR-ready.

Edited by dilore

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Oh I agree, let them have all the VR they want, should definitely be supported. Just the overbearing attitude about it is mentally exhausting, especially as it always has to sound like there's millions of users screaming for it, when it's in fact the same handful of users every single time. I actually had a Vive headset, got it when they launched, eventually sold it. VR is okay but the technology is / was still too young at the time for me to truly enjoy it. It was good but I can live without.

Well......you don´t have to. But I have already so that is why I am chiming for it. I even wrote that I don´t have any numbers etc. I am chiming for those who want it too and hope they will react in here to make this low prioritised requirement getting up on their list and make it in release 1.

But still there is something else which I am interested in: Why is it that a flightsimmer does not use VR although flightsimmers are the same guys who are chiming for immersion? VR is immersion pure. It is the best you can get to be immersed. Being in a cockpit instead of sitting at a desk at home? 😉 Just frindly asked...

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

10 minutes ago, mr340 said:

Interesting , will have to look into VR in the near future . Maybe 2020 , I do use TrackIR so I assumed it very similar .

VR is native stereoscopic 3D depth and convergence ..

Track IR is head movement panning through a 2d monitor

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Just now, domkle said:

I understand your disappointment even if I don't share it.

Explain me why the FS20 team should cater to a minuscule fraction of the flightsim community that may grow (maybe, not sure of that) but still be a minority  ? Doesn't optimizing the sim for VR at 90 fps mean that they will drop some complexity elsewhere. 

Good questions...

They should cater for it because it's a big part of the future of flight sims, whether they support it or not. I get that some people have tried it and aren't keen. There's a massive amount of users who've never tried it and would be blow away by the feeling of immersion though. They may never try it if it's not supported in MSFS.

I do agree though, in terms of pure profit alone it's a sensible decision.

As far as performance, you can drop some detail and scenery complexity to achieve high VR frame rates, but keep that extra detail for normal monitor use. No doubt the new engine is pretty adaptive anyway in that regard.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dilore said:

VR is not important to me at the moment, although I intend to get a 2.0 set. By then MSFS is hopefully VR-ready.

Samsung has a new HMD in the works..I'm hoping its competitive specs toward the Reverb...fingers crossed

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Just now, blueshark747 said:

VR is native stereoscopic 3D depth and convergence ..

Track IR is head movement panning through a 2d monitor

I knew that , the similarities I'm referring to is that I can look in different direction inside the vc , just like track ir .  

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Some flight simmers don't use VR because they cant afford it, not all simmers have deep pockets that's why some are still using the same sim for 10years.

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

15 minutes ago, mr340 said:

It is not compareable. Being in there an panning around your head looking left is clear.....right is clear.......seeing the runway at your left/right...curving in......flying through clouds........looking DOWN to the earth.....LIKE in a REAL cockpit even. THAT is immersion for me. If the MSFS 2020 Graphics come WITH VR I will by at day one........if not, I won´t

• Like 4

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, mr340 said:

I knew that , the similarities I'm referring to is that I can look in different direction inside the vc , just like track ir .  

VR has native head tracking 6DOF

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

2 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Why is it that a flightsimmer does not use VR although flightsimmers are the same guys who are chiming for immersion? VR is immersion pure. It is the best you can get to be immersed. Being in a cockpit instead of sitting at a desk at home? 😉 Just frindly asked...

Yeah I don't get that thinking:

"We want a flight sim that's as realistic as possible"

"What about if you felt like you're actually in the plane?"

"Oh, not that, that's just a fad"

Even if you're not happy with the resolution of current VR. Better for it to be supported to drive adoption and the rate of progress.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1