Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

1 minute ago, rjfry said:

Some flight simmers don't use VR because they cant afford it, not all simmers have deep pockets that's why some are still using the same sim for 10years.

Oculus Rifts are available for £200 / $200 used now. You need a 1070 for a good experience, which used are maybe £150 / $150.

I know some people don't have $350 to spend, but it's not an insane amount of money by any standard.

5 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Some flight simmers don't use VR because they cant afford it, not all simmers have deep pockets that's why some are still using the same sim for 10years.

If one can afford 3 1080p/1440p/4k monitors for surround one can afford a VR HMD

1080p/1440p/4k Acer/Dell/Asus monitors hardly decrease in price over the years like VR HMDs

Rift S is $400

Oddysey Plus is $250-$300 now.

Reverb is $500-600

Index is $1k

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

12 minutes ago, Sethos said:

And my comment about overbearing attitude proves correct once again 🙂

@Sethos: I did not ask for Simmers who want to kill a requirement YOU don´t care for. I asked for simmers who whanted VR at release to chime here. It would be much more friendly if you just let Us/Them chime. WE don´t need your kind of reacting in here. I just wanted to help VR Simmers or those who WANT to use it in future. Your are not helping. So please let it be. It would be respectful

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

But no one has said they don't want VR? Microsoft even stated they want to do VR but they want to do it right.

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, mpo910 said:

It is not compareable. Being in there an panning around your head looking left is clear.....right is clear.......seeing the runway at your left/right...curving in......flying through clouds........looking DOWN to the earth.....LIKE in a REAL cockpit even. THAT is immersion for me. If the MSFS 2020 Graphics come WITH VR I will by at day one........if not, I won´t

Well getting use to this kind of immersion I do understand the let down of not having this on release day . But I did find it interesting and if it does come in MFS 2020 later on , I might give it try . Just like you describe the feel of things in VR it's just the same way I like to feel my surrounding when I'm flying . Specially when flying at night  with pure darkness around you and you experience spatial disorientation. 

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

19 minutes ago, domkle said:

Nick

I understand your disappointment even if I don't share it.

Explain me why the FS20 team should cater to a minuscule fraction of the flightsim community that may grow (maybe, not sure of that) but still be a minority  ? Doesn't optimizing the sim for VR at 90 fps mean that they will drop some complexity elsewhere. 

Is it the goal of FS20 to promote VR or better simming ? Shouldn't they make a priority to reach fluidity, the true Holy Grail of flightsimming,  for a large screen at hires first  withh their beautiful sceneries?

VR reminds me of 3D movies. Interesting concept,  never took off the ground to become a mass market. 

I don´t need 90FPS. I get 24 plus in the HMD, so 50 to 60 in the sim.....it does work really great and is fluid right now. The future will get even better and better as a saw a lot of improvement just in 1 year. 

The problem is not: Why they diceded to not implement it at day 1....the real problem is: Why does VR not HIT the market......and in our environment...why does VR not reached that much flightsimmers. I can´t say it enough......try it out....visuals become secondary after a few days/couple of weeks. The benefits and immersion coming with VR are far better. And......graphics are on the way too as we saw.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 minutes ago, Sethos said:

But no one has said they don't want VR? Microsoft even stated they want to do VR but they want to do it right.

You are not chiming for VR so maybe let it be discussing here

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'm disappointed with what I'm hearing about VR but guys, honestly, I'm seeing some heart stopping stuff from this preview event!!! Dreams are coming true guys

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Hello all,

With Microsoft and its current involvement with Hololens and other VR projects, can you really imagine MSFS will stay out of the game in the long term or even in the short term.

A long time between now and release, and I, for one, am not going to rule anything out.  Even without VR the preview points to a truly positive increase in Flight simming satisfaction and immersion.. I do not believe that MS is going to let us all down albeit a small wait is on the cards.

Guys let us all be grateful for anything better than current P3D and XPlane which are already satisfying a huge portio0n of the community. Exciting times ahead ... lets not put the mockers on it just yet. Time enough for that after release .

I am NOT a VR flier but only because of financial restrictions, and of course, an upgrade in hardware for the same reasons. Hopefully, a birthday pressie or even a surprise for XMAS.

Regards

Tony

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

5 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello all,

With Microsoft and its current involvement with Hololens and other VR projects, can you really imagine MSFS will stay out of the game in the long term or even in the short term.

A long time between now and release, and I, for one, am not going to rule anything out.  Even without VR the preview points to a truly positive increase in Flight simming satisfaction and immersion.. I do not believe that MS is going to let us all down albeit a small wait is on the cards.

Guys let us all be grateful for anything better than current P3D and XPlane which are already satisfying a huge portio0n of the community. Exciting times ahead ... lets not put the mockers on it just yet. Time enough for that after release .

I am NOT a VR flier but only because of financial restrictions, and of course, an upgrade in hardware for the same reasons. Hopefully, a birthday pressie or even a surprise for XMAS.

Regards

Tony

WMR and Hololens are two different things with 2 different funding pots...lets hope WMR are still around in 2 years.

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Hello again,

I have no idea to what extent MS are actually involved in VR.  Given publicity over the last couple of years, I can only guess that it is considerable. I cannot see them not applying any research (incredibly expensive) into VR to the new Sim. I just think patience (maybe in capital letters) is required and I believe it will come sooner rather than later.

Regards 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

7 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello again,

I have no idea to what extent MS are actually involved in VR.  Given publicity over the last couple of years, I can only guess that it is considerable. I cannot see them not applying any research (incredibly expensive) into VR to the new Sim. I just think patience (maybe in capital letters) is required and I believe it will come sooner rather than later.

Regards 

Tony

You can only guess, but I'm heavily involved with WMR insider betas and communication, again its not looking good so far for WMR in general is what I'm seeing.

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

28 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

But still there is something else which I am interested in: Why is it that a flightsimmer does not use VR although flightsimmers are the same guys who are chiming for immersion? VR is immersion pure. It is the best you can get to be immersed. Being in a cockpit instead of sitting at a desk at home? 😉 Just frindly asked...

A good remark that has many answers. 

First, as I said I understand the disappointment that some may feel, but I don't understand the grandstanding of a few which seem to think that promoting VR is more important than to reinvent flightsimming as we see Asobo doing right now. Please.... 

I am sure that VR would improve my "immersion" but it is not a priority for me. 

I have been simming for a long time and have learnt  to transcend poor graphics . When I am in front of my display, I feel immersed all right, even today. Concentration, imagination.

Then, VR has a legitimate reputation to induce motion sickness. Some say, you get use to it after a while. No pain, no gain. Not worth it for me, not for  a game. There is also the issue of my poor vision (including 3D vision).  Finally the price. Not the price in itself mind you. But the price to try something that I will give up after a couple of tries.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

He's a hardcore VR simmer and I'm glad he represented us there, asking vital questions about VR.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

53 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I can´t say it enough......try it out....visuals become secondary after a few days/couple of weeks.

This is important.  There will be people unwilling to give up visuals.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;