Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

I could never go back 2D after experiencing VR.

The stereoscopic 3D depth in the cockpit instruments alone.. 

Not to mention flying through 3d clouds or having another pilot next to you in formation almost as if you can reach out and touch their plane

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

14 minutes ago, domkle said:

Then, VR has a legitimate reputation to induce motion sickness. Some say, you get use to it after a while.

This can be a problem with TrackIR at first as well, but there are techniques that eliminate it.  Simply move your eyes in the same direction you are moving your head.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Since then I have had 6 different models of HMD, now owning a Reverb which brings almost 4K in the HMD and has almost no SDE effect. 

Marcus, I am going to assume you have now tried 7 HMDs. Which one have you found to be the best. AND .... if you still have the other 6 can you send the second best one to me if I PM my shipping address to you? Obviously, I am stating that in jest, but, in the near future, there are going to be many, many, non VR users who are almost guaranteed to be happy with what is going to be supplied out of the box. In all reality, I do not think that Microsoft are going to have sleepless nights if the (maybe???) 1000 VR users boycott this new sim. All this is really just supposition anyway, until the final product is released and I would not be really surprised if MS did, in fact, develop VR nativity sooner rather than later.  Don't give up hope. There are now numerous threads which probably outnumber all other MSFS topics, that address VR.  I am quite sure that MS is reading it all. 

Despite my flippancy, I am intrigued with what you have found to be the best HMD.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

This video has footage of the one of the Asobo Studio staff members answering about VR (5:07)

It's actually a little more positive that Froogle's reporting.

"I would say, we can't commit to anything at this point in time. [,,,] When we discuss it, there's simple (?) VR implementations, then there's good VR implementations, and you could slap something in, cheaply and easily, but is that the right thing? We hold ourselves to, like, a really high bar, and err, that takes time".

C'mon Asobo, slap away please 🖐️, call it an unsupported feature, only enableable in a settings file or whatever. 

Edited by nickhod
  • Like 4

Thanks even though I’m disappointed with the fact that it doesn’t come with VR out of the box, I think they did an very good job.

Edited by Sam

That is good. Thanks for the info

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

No prob!

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

9 minutes ago, nickhod said:

This video has footage of the one of the Asobo Studio staff members answering about VR (5:07)

It's actually a little more positive that Froogle's reporting.

"I would say, we can't commit to anything at this point in time. [,,,] When we discuss it, there's simple (?) VR implementations, then there's good VR implementations, and you could slap something in, cheaply and easily, but is that the right thing? We hold ourselves to, like, a really high bar, and err, that takes time".

C'mon Asobo, slap away please 🖐️, call it an unsupported feature, only enableable in settings or whatever. 

Just like SIMPLE as inn P3D would help me a lot! It is better then nothing. Then decide further on what to do with it. 

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'm still enjoying FSX:SE in VR....way too much free modding to ever get bored with it

I'm good for another couple years

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

25 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Marcus, I am going to assume you have now tried 7 HMDs. Which one have you found to be the best. AND .... if you still have the other 6 can you send the second best one to me if I PM my shipping address to you? Obviously, I am stating that in jest, but, in the near future, there are going to be many, many, non VR users who are almost guaranteed to be happy with what is going to be supplied out of the box. In all reality, I do not think that Microsoft are going to have sleepless nights if the (maybe???) 1000 VR users boycott this new sim. All this is really just supposition anyway, until the final product is released and I would not be really surprised if MS did, in fact, develop VR nativity sooner rather than later.  Don't give up hope. There are now numerous threads which probably outnumber all other MSFS topics, that address VR.  I am quite sure that MS is reading it all. 

Despite my flippancy, I am intrigued with what you have found to be the best HMD.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony,

I did own the folowing:

1. HP Reverb
  2. Oculus Rift S
  3. Samsung Odyssey +
  4. Samsung Odyssey
  5. Oculus Rift
  6. Pimax 5k
  7. and Pimax 8k

The one on 1. place is the best for me (Fitting, Visuals and Performance)

I still own the Rift S, which I will sell as the reverb is a clearly improvement (regarding alsmost no SDE AND performance). We can talk about a selling and shipment. You may PM me of course. But the Rift S is indeed a nice piece and I was confinced untill I tried the reverb. But honestly: The reverb is expencive and I only did this because I really use them quit often and it is indeed my only hobby (beside traveling).

The worst where the pimaxes. They felt cheap, fitting was horrible (in my case) and performance also horrible. 

After the rift comes the Odyssey + which was already really goog, only not as clear as reverb and the fitting was less comfortable.

Well, I really don´t have any numbers regarding how big the VR community is. But I also really decided not to buy/discribe that sim if they won´t have VR. VR is that what immersed me. Of course the graphics and so one are important. But then I won´t just stick by X-Plane as they are doing a good job to. No need to fire up a 3 Simulator along P3D (with 150 Addons) and X Plane.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

57 minutes ago, domkle said:

Then, VR has a legitimate reputation to induce motion sickness

That really is not much of a concern in slow flying aircraft. It will come into play when you fly aerobatics.

Yes, VR community is small and probably the numbers do not add up for it. Still, they didn't say no. And honestly, you can't enjoy a simulator just because VR is not in it, well, that is no different than those saying that without a PMDG aircraft they won't enjoy a whole simulator. 😛

Keep playing VR where you can now, same for PMDG planes.

The steam hardware survey lists VR present in around 1% of all those who partecipated in the survey.
Even LR statistics back then showed that VR was quite irrelevant yet.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

59 minutes ago, LHookins said:

This is important.  There will be people unwilling to give up visuals.

Hook

With the Reverb I almost have them back compared to my 4k screen. 2160x2160 per eye! I am running with 8700K to 5.0GhZ and a 2080Ti. But also my 7700K with 1080Ti did the Job. So now have immersion AND visuals. I did start my VR Experience as a "try" without thinking that I would jump in to it in long term. But it came quicker and bigger and now I can´t go back. 

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, WarpD said:

VR isn't very useful in a training environment, to be honest.

I totally disagree with you on this....  We're working closely with the USAF (and others) and they LOVE VR as a training tool... If we could afford it, we'd have all of our devs using it...  it really does immerse you in the sim.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

4 minutes ago, france89 said:

Yes, VR community is small and probably the numbers do not add up for it. Still, they didn't say no. And honestly, you can't enjoy a simulator just because VR is not in it, well, that is no different than those saying that without a PMDG aircraft they won't enjoy a whole simulator. 😛

Keep playing VR where you can now, same for PMDG planes.

The steam hardware survey lists VR present in around 1% of all those who partecipated in the survey.
Even LR statistics back then showed that VR was quite irrelevant yet.

I did not start this topic to convince someone why VR should be implemented based on numbers.......but that it should be implemented based on a existing community (although maybe a smaller community) who wants to enjoy the new sim too, but with VR please. Not more and not less.

And I would also recommend the Flightsimmers to try VR out! It is stunning. I always thought VR is having my 2D screen in my HMD. But it is not. It is 3D surrounding me. For those who did not try they might not be able to imagine what that means. So I would like to make some "marketing" to try it out and then decide after a couple of days if it is worth it or not. HP Reverb has a 30 Day return policy...........no money waste if you are not convinced.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png