Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

18 hours ago, LHookins said:

This is important.  There will be people unwilling to give up visuals.

Hook

I have 2160x2160 in my reverb, that is per eye, which makes it 4360*2160 which is indeed almost 4k. Really stunning, 30 FPS in Average, at least 20 at KLAX and 25 at other bigger heavier airports. VEry impressing. So if graphics quality was an issue, it must not be anymore. Not 100% equal, yes, but I would say 85% to 90% which is in my optinion ok. But of course, not everyone likes it. . 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

10 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I have 2160x2160 in my reverb, that is per eye, which makes it 4360*2160 which is indeed almost 4k. Really stunning, 30 FPS in Average, at least 20 at KLAX and 25 at other bigger heavier airports. VEry impressing. So if graphics quality was an issue, it must not be anymore. Not 100% equal, yes, but I would say 85% to 90% which is in my optinion ok. But of course, not everyone likes it. . 

Can confirm, as I also have an HP Reverb. Visuals are not a problem anymore. The controllers are fine too, unless you want to play Beat Saber while flying.

Edited by daveinca2000
Addtional thoughts
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

VR is the worst experience I ever had in Flight Simulation!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

9 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Okay Microsoft, VR for everyone except jcommm. No VR for you! 😂🤣

Seriously, did you get sick or something?

• Upvote 1

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

42 minutes ago, jcomm said:

That message is quite high level and the causes for that experience can be a lot (Performance, Sickness, Quality, HMD Fitting, CTD.......etc.)

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

That is unfortunate to hear, would you be able to expand on why it was the worst experience you had? 

8 pages of comment in 23 hours. Not bad going for a feature no one is interested in. Personally I'm also devastated. Flying in 2D just doesn't do it for me either. Perhaps if I could afford a monster wrap around curved screen like Austin Meyer's I'd feel differently.

For those who haven't tried it yet, VR flight sim in a high frame rate well performing simulator like AFS2 is viscerally authentic. Its not just visually different, but your brain is convinced you are in this thing. Fly an open cockpit plane at night and you feel a sense of exposure and height as you look over the side of the aircraft at the world below you.

And if a handful of guys in Germany can do it then 200 MS Devs can do it too and include the functionality that IPACS lack the manpower to develop quickly.

2D flight sim is just like watching TV for me and I watch very little TV.

Just my twopenn'orth

• Like 7

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

In another thread @thetford569 said that he was listening the podcast of simflight.com where they were interviewing the developers, and:

"They also mentioned that they were making a priority list based on feedback they’ve been seeing recently.  The number one on the priority list he said is VR support and they are looking at it because they didn’t really plan it before but he said it was clear that was a high priority based on feedback.".

I´m at work right now and can´t look at it, can someone confirm that they said that? 

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by chass32
  • Upvote 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

4 minutes ago, chass32 said:

The number one on the priority list he said is VR support

...and number two is seasons.

So a handful of very vocal people making a lot of posts demanding VR prioritizes VR over seasons, something everyone wants.  Maybe the Seasons people should be more vocal and demanding.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

18 minutes ago, LHookins said:

...and number two is seasons.

So a handful of very vocal people making a lot of posts demanding VR prioritizes VR over seasons, something everyone wants.  Maybe the Seasons people should be more vocal and demanding.

Hook

Who says seasons is not comming? In the Tweaker.com Footage there is stated that seasons are already in (or did I understood him false?).

AND: Your mentioned "Handful of vocal people", that are not representatring numbers for the whole VR market.....there are a little more User than "handful". Lets be realistic. Yes, of course less then those who wants seasons........ 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

We had seasons in FS9 and FSX so what makes anyone think they won't be in MSFS?

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

2 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

We had seasons in FS9 and FSX so what makes anyone think they won't be in MSFS?

We know they're planned, and we also know they weren't in the recent demo yet.  My complaint isn't about seasons, it's about VR being considered the top priority of things requested by the community.  A lot of people don't care about VR, how many don't care about seasons?  And if we expect seasons to be included we might not be demanding them.

Imagine what might happen if VR is included at release but seasons is not.  It's likely to make the hate campaign against Microsoft Flight look like a bunch of gushing fanbois.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

We are always going to have priority differences within the community. At present this is one group wanting VR to be the highest and one group wanting Seasons to be the same.

We all want different things. I personally am on the seasons bench as I have no interest in VR at present. But I understand and respect others that differ.

We just need to wait and see what transpires. After all this whole issue is still in its' infancy as far as what we know.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

7 minutes ago, LHookins said:

We know they're planned, and we also know they weren't in the recent demo yet.  My complaint isn't about seasons, it's about VR being considered the top priority of things requested by the community.  A lot of people don't care about VR, how many don't care about seasons?  And if we expect seasons to be included we might not be demanding them.

Imagine what might happen if VR is included at release but seasons is not.  It's likely to make the hate campaign against Microsoft Flight look like a bunch of gushing fanbois.

Hook

Well....as I don´t have any evidence and am not part of MS/Asobo, I can´t tell you anything about prioritizing. Maybe both are high on the list? Or nothing is high on any list. Come on, they have 200+ peaple working on this project. 

The VR Community only chimes based on a reaction and statement of one of the devs. Not more and not less. We are NOT deciding anything.

AND: I want seasons to. And geuess what: I want them both on release. BUT: Who am I? 😉 I take this one with a friendly smile. It is a hobby not my live

No hassle.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png