Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

2 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Well....as I don´t have any evidence and am not part of MS/Asobo, I can´t tell you anything about prioritizing.

I was responding to this post:

1 hour ago, chass32 said:

In another thread @thetford569 said that he was listening the podcast of simflight.com where they were interviewing the developers, and:

"They also mentioned that they were making a priority list based on feedback they’ve been seeing recently.  The number one on the priority list he said is VR support and they are looking at it because they didn’t really plan it before but he said it was clear that was a high priority based on feedback.".

and another post that mentioned that seasons was second on that list.

I'm glad they're considering VR, even though I'll never use it, but not if it impacts the likelihood of our getting seasons at release.

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

7 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I was responding to this post:

and another post that mentioned that seasons was second on that list.

I'm glad they're considering VR, even though I'll never use it, but not if it impacts the likelihood of our getting seasons at release.

Hook

The equation is simple.  Almost everybody wants seasons and some want VR too. A minuscule minority wants VR but those who want it, want seasons too. 

Now remind me your priorities 😇 !

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, domkle said:

The equation is simple.  Almost everybody wants seasons and some want VR too. A minuscule minority wants VR but those who want it, want seasons too. 

Now remind me your priorities 😇 !

I am quite comfortable that seasons are in at release........they are talking about real living environment.......(without seasons??). Let us wait and see.

I did nowhere read or heard someone saying that seasons are NOT coming on release. How it comes it is discussed here? 

This thread is opened to include VR in MSFS (at release would really be great). 

I must admit.......it was a good step to react on the statement of the dev who sayd that VR COULD be something for the long term.....but not for release 1.

I think THAT is a mistake. And in this thread a small part of the VR users stated that too. Come on.....Sim is immersion......->.immersion is VR (and seasons for the ones who think seasons are not coming)

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, domkle said:

A minuscule minority wants VR but those who want it, want seasons too. 

I'm not sure where this "minuscule minority" thing keeps coming from.

• There were 8 pages of discussion on VR in a few hours.
  • The December 2018 Navigraph survey indicated that 11% of flight sim enthusiasts who responded used VR.
  • Steam stats aren't representative of the flight sim community. It's like saying only 0.5% of Steam uses have flight yokes, so they're not important. The data collection method for VR is flawed anyway.

If there are other big, recent surveys of flight simmers that show a lower percentage of VR use, please let me know.

Keeping on saying "almost no flight simmers are interested in VR" doesn't make it true.

I would much rather have VR at launch and wait for seasons, and I'd guess that many (most?) other VR enthusiasts would feel the same.

• Like 5

I think all this debate is very healthy. It just makes the thread longer and keeps VR high up the Avsim active threads list 😉 

• Like 3

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

9 minutes ago, nickhod said:

I'm not sure where this "minuscule minority" thing keeps coming from.

• There were 8 pages of discussion on VR in a few hours.
  • The December 2018 Navigraph survey indicated that 11% of flight sim enthusiasts who responded used VR.
  • Steam stats aren't representative of the flight sim community. It's like saying only 0.5% of Steam uses have flight yokes, so they're not important. The data collection method for VR is flawed anyway.

If there are other big, recent surveys of flight simmers that show a lower percentage of VR use, please let me know.

Keeping on saying "almost no flight simmers are interested in VR" doesn't make it true.

I would much rather have VR at launch and wait for seasons, and I'd guess that many (most?) other VR enthusiasts would feel the same.

Thanks again. I don´t like those kind of posts where things are being ignored or "false pictures" are created. So thanks for this numbers. 10% (from the user WHO REPLIED - I did not for instance), that IS a number.

Good post here

PS- now it is 9 pages!

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

18 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Seasons : First a definition. I mean by seasons, the change of ground colors (snow, green, dry etc.) and the accumulation of snow and ice.  We just don't know. Thre are arguments for and against .  The silence of the previewers is deafening though. They could change the time of day, the month, the weather and nobody mentiond something as obvious as snow in Washington State. The jury is out on that one.

VR : when you start a thread, with statements like  "no VR ,no buy" or "are you serious ?"  after being shown something  groundbreaking (I have seen all the releases in almost 40 years and this is groundbreaking)  , you can expect some backlask from others more moderate users. I don't care if there VR or not, I'd be happy for those who want it if MS implements it.  

16 minutes ago, nickhod said:

Nick I agree with most of what you usually say but I am sorry you are just not credible here. About the 8 pages, of course you substract the dissenting views and all the posts  obviously made just to bump up the thread ?

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

12 minutes ago, Spit40 said:

I think all this debate is very healthy. It just makes the thread longer and keeps VR high up the Avsim active threads list 😉 

You know what, guys ? You remind me of the faithfuls of the Holy Laminar 😃.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

16 minutes ago, domkle said:

Seasons : First a definition. I mean by seasons, the change of ground colors (snow, green, dry etc.) and the accumulation of snow and ice.  We just don't know. Thre are arguments for and against .  The silence of the previewers is deafening though. They could change the time of day, the month, the weather and nobody mentiond something as obvious as snow in Washington State. The jury is out on that one.

VR : when you start a thread, with statements like  "no VR ,no buy" or "are you serious ?"  after being shown something  groundbreaking (I have seen all the releases in almost 40 years and this is groundbreaking)  , you can expect some backlask from others more moderate users. I don't care if there VR or not, I'd be happy for those who want it if MS implements it.  

Nick I agree with most of what you usually say but I am sorry you are just not credible here. About the 8 pages, of course you substract the dissenting views and all the posts  obviously made just to bump up the thread ?

Copied from your thread: VR : when you start a thread,

The question is: Does this kind of feedback from you (and others) fits to the thread AND is usefull for anyone (besides yourself)?

I don´t think it is necessary to give this kind of feedback to users (in this case NORMAL Flightsimmers with NORMAL passion for this product like probably you too) who also uses VR as an futher product-enhancemend, who only wants to ask MS to re-think about implementing VR in the sim as soon as possible.

And all this only as an reaction to a statement to VR from one of the devs. I think THAT is normal behaviour.

Not more and not less.

What is wrong about that? We (VR Users) are NOT debating on other wishes as well, Or do we/I? Further more I have a lot of futher whishes which I hope they would come too (ATC, Seasons, Highlevel TubeLiners, Speech recognition (some of them as addons), etc., etc.....

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I had been a long time user of track IR and have been using VR for the last couple years (first a vive then a vive pro).  I have no interest in going back to track IR even with some of the limitations with VR.  I just enjoy it that much that I have no desire to go to a flat screen.  This even applies to non-sim titles like fallout 4, etc.  For my use, this would be a defining reason not to purchase the new MSFS if it did not have VR support or have support provided by a third party (FI).  It would be disappointing and tempting but I really have plenty of other sims that support VR to keep me busy doing the things I like to do.

That being said, the work they are doing does seem very impressive and ground breaking and hope it all works out with VR 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m a bit torn on this. I really like what VR could become (in my imagination), but not where it is right now. I also can’t ignore the fact that I have an oculus rift that’s been sat collecting dust for the last year or so. 

if we take it as read that the development team have a full schedule and work is allocated in priority order, I don’t think I can argue that something that is still so niche (and I know there have been representations in this thread that usage is growing - but an 11% usage value is still only around one in ten people) should be given priority over something that will benefit 100% of users - and I’m presuming that everything else in that priority list is core sim stuff like seasons. 

so I want it to be there at some stage, it may not be perfect but we’ll only get to where my imagination is with vr if it keeps being relevant, but not at the expense of things like proper seasons, atc, live traffic, stability and performance etc. If some of those things get to a stage where they can move down the priority list then by all means focus more on VR then. 

• Like 2

Hmmm, obviously I am the minority of the minority: I really enjoy flying in my Oculus Rift S and especially helicopter! 

Will the lack of VR keep me off MSFS? Certainly not! But I am no longer concerned that X-Plane may disappear soon...

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

OK, so they have 200 guys on this. I'm sure 210 wouldn't break the budget and they can put 10 guys on VR. 10 guys would be a massive development team compared to what x-plane and IPACS have available and as VR is a pretty distinctive skillset they're not going to impact all that other good stuff like seasons and ATC. 

Next video, let's see an HP Reverb lurking in the corner Microsoft! Even just as a nod that you're hearing this.

Edited by Spit40

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

1 minute ago, Spit40 said:

OK, so they have 200 guys on this. I'm sure 210 wouldn't break the budget and they can put 10 guys on VR. 10 guys would be a massive development team compared to what x-plane and IPACS have available and as VR is a pretty distinctive skillset they're not going to impact all that other good stuff like seasons and ATC.

How do you come to 200? Maybe put a link on in here so that we can talk about realistic numbers. and validate the 200. That would be appreciated a lot.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'm with the majority on this topic. Yes, I fly exclusively in VR, and the primary reason I used Xplane, but after emailing with daniel church, and playing with my internet connection I finally got flyinside working with fsx. And actually it's a smoother experience and sharper image than xplane. (My opinion) . What's my point?  Oh yeah... lol.  Yes, I will buy Microsoft flight simulator, and will drop xplane like a pregnant girlfriend.  Lmao, and I dont think xplane will go away, as there will always be the folks that prefer "engineering tools" over a realistic environment. But hey, at least with VR in FSX, I have better ATC, AI and a plethora of options in freeware. Hell, even my maxview cessna 310r still screaming through the sky's.