Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

7 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Sorry to say it, but if every VR flight sim user boycotts the new sim on release, I don't think that it will significantly affect sales.

I don't think that most younger players would be particularly worried about whether or not games have VR support for 3 reasons:

1 - most of them don't currently use VR.

2 - most younger players can't afford VR (neither the headset nor the hardware needed to run it).

3 - most of the games they currently play don't need VR.

Are you serious here? Based o  what all this Statements? 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

This will be a game changing VFR simulator.

It'd be a tremendous missed opportunity to not have VR for it given how wonderfully VR Flight Simming excels in a VFR environment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stratosfeerick said:

Second all of @Adamv1's points. But agree that the VR userbase may be too small right now for MS to prioritise it in the initial release. I recall a recent X-Plane poll finding that around 5% of users fly in VR. Also, regarding VR sickness - I notice that I am way more prone to this in small aircraft than in the bigger jets. I figure it's that smaller planes move around more. I also got sick when the frames were very low, so that's definitely another cause. 

Come on dear simmers. This threat is not about complaining of sickness. It was opened to ask MS to become VR implemented. A discussion about sickness is another topic. Or?

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Sorry to say it, but if every VR flight sim user boycotts the new sim on release, I don't think that it will significantly affect sales.

I don't think that most younger players would be particularly worried about whether or not games have VR support for 3 reasons:

1 - most of them don't currently use VR.

2 - most younger players can't afford VR (neither the headset nor the hardware needed to run it).

3 - most of the games they currently play don't need VR.

#1 & #3 use the term "current".

You don't build for the future with where things are, but where they're going and with what's becoming possible.

#2:  That's really just a speculative generalization.

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

Are you serious here? Based o  what all this Statements? 

The same assumptions you are making, just towards a different point 🙂

The only numbers we have are two.
One shows that, out of 15k simmers who willingly replied to a flight sim related survey, around 10% says they own a VR
The other is about Steam hardware surveys which are taken on hundred of thousands of players from a gaming platform that has an average of 15 million users online every day

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I have no idea why there is all this opposition to VR from those that don't care to use it.

Do people think that if they "don't do VR they can focus on seasons!"?

A project like this and of this size and scope is not some linear set of tradeoffs like that.

Every single MSFS user would actually benefit tremendously from optimization work needed for VR use cases.

Edited by irrics
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, france89 said:

The same assumptions you are making, just towards a different point 🙂

The only numbers we have are two.
One shows that, out of 15k simmers who willingly replied to a flight sim related survey, around 10% says they own a VR
The other is about Steam hardware surveys which are taken on hundred of thousands of players from a gaming platform that has an average of 15 million users online every day

Yes....that are good base numbers ro make a decission to wether implement VR or not right? That I can't take for serious with all my respect. I did never make assumptions based on any numbers. Point me to that if you have it. I asked for VR and argumented with my user point of view. So did the other vr users mostly too. What is your problem actually? 

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, irrics said:

I have no idea why there is all this opposition to VR from those that don't care to use it.

Do people think that if they "don't do VR they can focus on seasons!"?

A project like this and of this size and scope is not some linear set of tradeoffs like that.

Every single MSFS user would actually benefit tremendously from optimization work needed for VR use cases.

Thank you for this. I dont either. It is ridiculous. But good to know there are guys/girls out here who share my opinion.....

A shane that we have to explain the community why VR users want VR. As I/we am/are accountable for this. Amazing....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

some really sound like a broken record now....

but seriously guys, they discussed VR way before we actually learned that it wont be part of the launch features, thats for sure. There's no need to remind them there's demand for VR. 

I mean its not like the FS community manager sees this thread and goes

"what the heck? those crazy hardcore simmers use VR? in a flightsim? who could have thought that!? Lets call an emergency dev meeting!" 

They know we are there...

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 2

I becomes off topic but still is hilarious to me. Hardcore simmers AND hardcore forum fighting against some wishes. 

So lets come back to topic. This thread is about VR Inclusion in MSFS 2020.....not about why some users don't want a OPTIONAL FEATURE which they actually can leave fully unused. Simple as that. And thinking that there is no one left to implement other stuff due this VR Thing is really ridiculous. VR is not their biggest problem they solved. 

Regards 

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I personally have no doubt that at some time in the early life of the sim, VR will be included.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I certainly hope so.

It doesn’t really matter how amazing stuff looks on a normal display for me if it is constrained to that experience. 

Edited by irrics

I'm expecting something from Asobo like the Hololens.  I'd prefer they take the time to do it right.

Do you want it right, or do you want it Wednesday?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

The HoloLens is mixed reality. 

That’s a completely different cut of steak that has different applications than straight up VR. 

BLOG-MR-vs-AR-Spectrum.png

Edited by irrics

2 minutes ago, irrics said:

I certainly hope so.

It doesn’t really matter how amazing stuff looks on a normal display for me if it is constrained to that experience. 

Me too. It is a pitty that there are a lot of simmers who didn't (had a chance) to try. I tried VR as a joke by passing by a VR Promotion Stand for PS at a big media orientated market... 🙂

As soon I had the HMD on....I was blown away.....and a little ill to I must admit ( I was sitting on a bird and flying through the air....Falcon or something like that). But I transmitted this immersion to my simulator. Bought the first odyssey and since day one never flew without it anymore. Sickness has gone away after playing with settings and having good average FPS (20 is my minimum in the HMD. Mostly I have 30) 

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png