Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

29 minutes ago, Flybynumbers said:

Dude lol...we get it...VR is fun to fly around in for about 10 minutes...but it is not suited for instrument flying which is a HUGE part of simming. If you want realism then you build a cockpit with a physical panel...like in a REAL plane.

It sounds as if you are really obsessed with a physical panel. Let's ignore the question how many people can afford a physical panel, and take a look at some opinions from a pilot training professional. According to Nick Scarnato, director of global strategy, training and mission systems at Collins Aerospace:

Growing up in the digital age, raised on handheld computers, immersive video games and the Internet, younger pilots learn differently than the methods employed by many, traditional pilot training programs, he said. “Today you have smart phones and iPads and cloud-based solutions and a lot more of what I would call very realistic graphical virtual reality, augmented reality solutions,” he added. “When you put students through what would be considered a more hardware-in-the-loop type approach, the interest isn't there, which could have an effect on training.” https://www.aviationtoday.com/2019/08/01/training-brain-mind/

2 hours ago, Flybynumbers said:

Dude lol...we get it...VR is fun to fly around in for about 10 minutes...but it is not suited for instrument flying which is a HUGE part of simming. If you want realism then you build a cockpit with a physical panel...like in a REAL plane.

You are completely false here, it is very well suited... I'm a commercial pilot and use it on a regular basis, as well as other pilots like it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

I actually wanted to build this as it would be so cheap to build. A joystick was mounted under the seat as the seat moved, it would move that joystick. The problem at the time was the CRT monitors (at the time were too freaking heavy and threw off the center of balance on this "gimble" rig. Now no issue with flat screens and VR. 

2 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Are you that bored?

The guy posted that 17 hours ago.

You’re arguing with yourself at this point.

Sounding like a broken record let it go man.

I was unable to respond because I reached my posting limit for 24 hrs...I mentioned to the admin that a post limit should be for new posts...but one should still be allowed to respond to quotes to keep conversations going.

Yes the limit should be lowered to 300 a day.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, yanfeng12342000 said:

It sounds as if you are really obsessed with a physical panel. Let's ignore the question how many people can afford a physical panel, and take a look at some opinions from a pilot training professional. According to Nick Scarnato, director of global strategy, training and mission systems at Collins Aerospace:

Growing up in the digital age, raised on handheld computers, immersive video games and the Internet, younger pilots learn differently than the methods employed by many, traditional pilot training programs, he said. “Today you have smart phones and iPads and cloud-based solutions and a lot more of what I would call very realistic graphical virtual reality, augmented reality solutions,” he added. “When you put students through what would be considered a more hardware-in-the-loop type approach, the interest isn't there, which could have an effect on training.” https://www.aviationtoday.com/2019/08/01/training-brain-mind/

Dude VR isn't an advancement in simulation...it's an advancement in user immersion compared to track IR or a single monitor...but a cockpit control panel is needed for instrument training. Tell me...when you're done barrel rolling and doing flybys around your neighborhood...how you gonna do an IMC flight with ILS approach wearing your VR helmet?

38 minutes ago, Chandler said:

You are completely false here, it is very well suited... I'm a commercial pilot and use it on a regular basis, as well as other pilots like it. 

Oh ya...getting really good at pushing imaginary buttons during IMC training? Lol...tell me what airline so I can avoid it.

41 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

I actually wanted to build this as it would be so cheap to build. A joystick was mounted under the seat as the seat moved, it would move that joystick. The problem at the time was the CRT monitors (at the time were too freaking heavy and threw off the center of balance on this "gimble" rig. Now no issue with flat screens and VR. 

Ya great for barrel rolls...you guys do realize there is more to simming than just stick flying in VFR right? MFST has stated they are catering to serious simmer's thus no VR because it is not suited for serious, realistic simulation with instruments.

Edited by Flybynumbers

7 minutes ago, Flybynumbers said:

Ya great for barrel rolls...you guys do realize there is more to simming than just stick flying in VFR right? MFST has stated they are catering to serious simmer's thus no VR because it is not suited for serious, realistic simulation with instruments.

Yeah, you fly the way you want to, we'll fly the way we want to. "No pilot left behind" . Let those words burn in your head, next time you push the autopilot button and go upstairs for dinner while we dodge clouds, antennas and the ultra lights on final. I cant stop you from pushing buttons, while us stick and rudder guys are blinded by kicking up dust 360 degrees around us. You cant convince us otherwise , so stop.  You dont like VR? THEN bloody hell, get out of this topic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Flybynumbers said:

I was unable to respond because I reached my posting limit for 24 hrs...I mentioned to the admin that a post limit should be for new posts...but one should still be allowed to respond to quotes to keep conversations going.

Now it all makes sense why you are an Anti-VR-Dite(new word). You are on a mission to save us from ourselves.

Are so fervent in you belief, and are seriously trying to persuade us to build an airliner in our homes? And you need more than 300 posts a day? When do you find the time to pilot the thing? Where do your guests stay? Please get over yourself and get a grip on reality—virtual reality that is. 😂

Edited by daveinca2000
Comedic stuff

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

1 minute ago, Casualcas said:

Yeah, you fly the way you want to, we'll fly the way we want to. "No pilot left behind" . Let those words burn in your head, next time you push the autopilot button and go upstairs for dinner while we dodge clouds, antennas and the ultra lights on final. I cant stop you from pushing buttons, while us stick and rudder guys are blinded by kicking up dust 360 degrees around us. You cant convince us otherwise , so stop.  You dont like VR? THEN bloody hell, get out of this topic.

If you're happy just stick flying around then great lol. Most simmer's want more out of the "game."

7 minutes ago, daveinca2000 said:

Now it all makes sense why you are an Anti-VR-Dite(new word). You are on a mission to save us from ourselves.

Are so fervent in you belief, and are seriously trying to persuade us to build an airliner in our homes? And you need more than 300 posts a day? When do you find the time to pilot the thing? Where do your guests stay? Please get over yourself and get a grip on reality—virtual reality that is. 😂

300? Lol

One does not have to build a full cockpit in their home...all I'm saying is VR might be more suited to nubes who just want to do flybys and have no interest navigating...great as an add-on for Xbox...leave the PC to simmer's.

Edited by Flybynumbers

12 minutes ago, Flybynumbers said:

300? Lol

One does not have to build a full cockpit in their home...all I'm saying is VR might be more suited to nubes who just want to do flybys and have no interest navigating...great an add-on for the Xbox for all the gamers...leave the PC to simmer's.

Have some perspective on how most people will NOT be building a cockpit(any), noobs included.

Edited by daveinca2000
Clarity

I am happy with my basic home cockpit / driving rig with NLR motion seat (a la the VR dream).

I fly via control panel or VR depending on how  I feel at the time.

One doesn't have to be better than the other.  We can enjoy both.

Edited by smoothchat
  • Upvote 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Just now, smoothchat said:

I am happy with my modest home cockpit / driving rig with NLR motion seat (a la the VR dream).

I fly via control panel or VR depending on how  I feel at the time.

One doesn't have to be better than the other.  We can enjoy both.

I agree, but one doesn’t need to come on this thread to specifically troll VR users.  I actually have hundreds of buttons in my cockpit. I spatial know where everything is at all times. Thank you for reason.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1