Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

So that's it? All current and previous Avsim polls are now meaningless?

Good to know, I guess.

This type of thinking is honestly quite sad and unfair 

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I really thought this was over with. And I know it's not the Pro-VR people opening this wound. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

reinforces my point that these people only care about VR, and have no care for flight sim

I thought you previously said stats show that VR is very little used outside of sim world, now you're saying most of those VR users don't care about sims?

• Upvote 3

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

28 minutes ago, daveinca2000 said:

why do we have to defend wanting VR?

At its heart, you're not just defending vr, you're defending change, especially fundamental change, which the community tends to demur pretty much until it becomes a fait accompli.

I've seen it so many times I just roll my eyes at this point.

Whutevah.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

10 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

At its heart, you're not just defending vr, you're defending change, especially fundamental change, which the community tends to demur pretty much until it becomes a fait accompli.

I've seen it so many times I just roll my eyes at this point.

Whutevah.

Well if that's the case, this ole bird needs to find a new nest. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Well if that's the case, this ole bird needs to find a new nest. 

I'm a creature of habit, so unless forcibly pushed out of the airie I will probably always be around. But yes, this sort of thing did spur me to start spreading my wings a bit, a few months ago.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Good to know, I guess.

That's a ridiculous claim or question. This poll was basically meaningless by someone that chose to skew our results by promoting others to vote. As he been stated earlier, he/she may never be seen here again.

Personally, my intent was to get our regular members to vote but it was ruined. I did leave the poll open  after this incursion in hopes of attracting new members. This was only partially successful. 

As a result, I closed the poll before the 10th as it wasn't valid anymore. Had I known that visitors could vote in a poll, I would never have opened it. 

I will request that this loophole be closed if it exists.

• Like 5

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

16 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

That's a ridiculous claim or question. This poll was basically meaningless by someone that chose to skew our results by promoting others to vote. As he been stated earlier, he/she may never be seen here again.

Personally, my intent was to get our regular members to vote but it was ruined. I did leave the poll open  after this incursion in hopes of attracting new members. This was only partially successful. 

As a result, I closed the poll before the 10th as it wasn't valid anymore. Had I known that visitors could vote in a poll, I would never have opened it. 

I didn't assume anything, I was responding to the pretty inevitable implications of the post I quoted.

Devons rig

You are correct. Objection removed. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I have a single request in order to keep this thread open, PLEASE stop arguing. 

Everyone has an opinion about VR. You don't have to agree and your opinion is just as valid. Let's keep this on a professional level. 

Thanks

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

Anyone can do a "drive by AVSIM" and vote any poll without even bothering to register as a member!

I don't believe that this is true.  If so, why did the poll show "Please sign in or register to vote in this poll."?

Log out, then see this current poll if you want an example.

The poll meant nothing here...I received a response by directly contacting a WMR dev on Discord.

I have to put some hints together first unfortunately😭

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

5 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I also had to log me in to vote. I couldn´t vote without logging in. Maybe it needs further investigation. Regards Marcus 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

6 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Good to know, I guess.

No not meaningless just pointless, as users will and do change there preferences over time if you have been in flight sim long enough. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

If I were Microsoft and followed the high quality of 'debate' in this thread, I would probably consider cancelling the project altogether.

I own a VR headset and hope to be able to use it at some point in their new sim.

Dave.

• Like 2