Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

Just an interesting tidbit i bumped into while looking up some vr news. Looks like the new Xbox Scarlet (That MS2020 may eventually be heading to) might be intended to be a vr machine

Xbox Scarlett VR teased, would compete against PSVR 2.0

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

9 hours ago, n4gix said:

I honestly don't know if it is configurable. I am certainly going to ask. Brian (our volunteer IT tech) just installed the latest forum software update and is (re)configuring the options again as he has time.

I think that, in this forum software. you have an option to make public the name of people voting when you set up the poll, Privacy (hiding the names of voters) is not a good solution, after all when you vote you must show your ID and everybody, in the voting place, knows that you vote.

Anyway a poll is indeed like a vote. You target a population at a certain moment in time and space, and let them vote.  The target population was Avsim members i.e.  motivated simmers. Advocacy is legitimate.

What is illegitimate is busing people from outside the constituency to vote. This is what we saw. People from VR forums, simmers or not, called to come in mass  and tilt the vote. It is like busing people from Wisconsin to vote in an Iowa caucus...

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Some were gamers with not much interest in flight sim but did their duty to the call. POINTLESS POLL.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

9 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Some were gamers with not much interest in flight sim but did their duty to the call. POINTLESS POLL.

30 minutes ago, rjfry said:

No not meaningless just pointless, as users will and do change there preferences over time if you have been in flight sim long enough. 

This is absolutely ridiculous....numerous attempts to reignite the argument...are you seriously that bored?

The past 30 pages you have added ZERO informative value to this thread about actual VR.

I guess we can never move on....because you are so hellbent on being toxic to these guys.

Who seriously can't see whats going on here????

This is becoming a perverted obsession....

The poll thread is dead yet you can't come up with anything else to add here

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

8 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

This is absolutely ridiculous....numerous attempts to reignite the argument...are you seriously that bored?

The past 30 pages you have added ZERO informative value to this thread about actual VR.

I guess we can never move on....because you are so hellbent on being toxic to these guys.

Who seriously can't see whats going on here????

This is becoming a perverted obsession....

My post was in ref the poll check the posters one vote then on their profile then check reddit same posters. my point was the poll added ZERO VALUE TO AVSIM.

You are not prepared to move on as soon as one VR thread drops out a new VR thread pops up.  

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

Just now, rjfry said:

My post was in ref the poll check the posters one vote then on their profile then check reddit same posters. my point was the poll added ZERO VALUE TO AVSIM.

The poll thread is over sir!

Its time to move on!

Folks no longer care at this point and are trying to continue a discussion about "VR Inclusion in MSFS"

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

It

1 minute ago, blueshark747 said:

The poll thread is over sir!

Its time to move on!

Folks no longer care at this point and are trying to continue a discussion about "VR Inclusion in MSFS"

NEWFLASH it`s not included on release so we can put that one to BED.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

5 minutes ago, rjfry said:

It

NEWFLASH it`s not included on release so we can put that one to BED.

Oh ok VR isn't included in release so we should stop talking about it and close this thread....got it!

I don't get why you couldn't just bluntly state your intentions in the first place if you felt so strongly.
Why beat around the bush with passive aggressiveness? Thanks!

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

28 minutes ago, rjfry said:

So when is it allowed to vote?
I haven't been in this forum for a few years, came here back because of FS2020 and as a big VR fan
I voted in the poll. Was this wrong?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Oh ok VR isn't included in release so we should stop talking about it and close this thread....got it!

I don't get why you couldn't just bluntly state your intentions in the first place if you felt so strongly.
Why beat around the bush with passive aggressiveness? Thanks!

Then read your thread talking about polls not VR.

Raymond Fry.

I think people are taking forum polls too serious. Polls on forums are a fun way of figuring out what some people think about something. Or maybe polls are fun, period. They will never tell you the complete truth about what, in this instance, the flight sim community thinks about or wants to see in MSFS. That may happen if you force every member to vote (and to vote honestly!) but if you don't it's just a matter of luck who sees the poll and who doesn't. Poll results give a slight indication of things, nothing more. Besides, in this poll it's been clear that people have been asked to vote for a specific option but who knows if this doesn't happen more often...? People might even ask other AVSIM members to vote using PM's so even without visiting other sites and forums a poll can be skewed and no one will ever know it.

Again, polls can be fun and can give an indication and that's it. Enjoy them for what they're worth and don't get crazy about them like some did here. 😉 A skewed poll isn't the end of the world, you know. And it certainly isn't the end of MSFS. Besides, do you really think that VR winning the poll means that MSFS won't get ATC, seasons, rotorcraft and an SDK? I don't think so. Relax. Enjoy. Breathe. Smile. Fly.

Polls Polls Polls.....AVSIM Poll Memes Incoming at this rate😂

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

8 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

So when is it allowed to vote?
I haven't been in this forum for a few years, came here back because of FS2020 and as a big VR fan
I voted in the poll. Was this wrong?

I don't even know anymore. I've been thinking about a recent episode of southpark, where a sleepy little town was shocked/stunned by something unexpected.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

7 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Polls Polls Polls.....AVSIM Poll Memes Incoming at this rate😂

Yes you don't see polls so much on other flight sim forums I wonder why.

I hope your message is heard and Microsoft delay MSFS to include all things users want another year wait is not that long.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

6 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I don't even know anymore. I've been thinking about a recent episode of southpark, where a sleepy little town was shocked/stunned by something unexpected.......

I have an idea..

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram