Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Worth investing in P3D addons or wait?

I want to buy add-on scenery but maybe I'll wait for this. Don't want to waste money buying something I'll only use less than 6 months.

I will be quite restrictive, but if something very sought after (in my case a good Ford Trimotor) shows up, I'll buy it.

We do not know when MSFS will be available, could be months, maybe even a year. And I'll be waiting until helicopters are available too.

Edited by dilore
  • Like 1

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

That's off course up to you, but I have decided not to buy ANY addons what so ever, untill MS2020 is out.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

4 minutes ago, jlund said:

That's off course up to you, but I have decided not to buy ANY addons what so ever, untill MS2020 is out.

Interesting, why is that?

The new sim is pre-alpha.  That means it's not even a product.  I would suspect release of a product is about a year away.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

call me crazy, but if you'll enjoy it, buy it.  cant look at everything as some form of investment strategy.

• Upvote 2

When A2A releases the Piper J3 Cub for P3Dv4 I'll buy it.  I don't have anything else on my must-have list.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

8 minutes ago, WarpD said:

The new sim is pre-alpha.  That means it's not even a product.   

What I understand is that the previewers had access to a sim with an almost complete slick UI, weather, night and day lighting, three aircraft, and the possibility to fly over the world (one flew in Portugal). I don't know what a "product" is in your books but it sounds like one is shaping up nicely to the simple simmer that I am.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, domkle said:

What I understand is that the previewers had access to a sim with an almost complete slick UI, weather, night and day lighting, three aircraft, and the possibility to fly over the world (one flew in Portugal). I don't know what a "product" is in your books but it sounds like one is shaping up nicely to the simple simmer that I am.  

If they're still calling it a pre-alpha... they consider it extremely far away from product release.  Since you're not the one deciding what the finished product is... doesn't matter what you think... they'll only release what they consider a finished product... and a pre-alpha is a long ways from release-to-market.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Wait a couple of months and reading some of the post here they will be climbing the walls have to wait for this 😁

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 minute ago, WarpD said:

If they're still calling it a pre-alpha... they consider it extremely far away from product release.  Since you're not the one deciding what the finished product is... doesn't matter what you think... they'll only release what they consider a finished product... and a pre-alpha is a long ways from release-to-market.

A "finished product" obviously it is not but this is not what you said. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Well... one should only sell finished products (hence the term product, which implies it is complete and finished and ready for release-to-market).  

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

5 minutes ago, domkle said:

I agree although Ed is technically correct.  But your statement is correct too.  I don't know what more they can do to perfect the simulator.  They have obviously been working on it for a long time before the E3 announcement.  The sim certainly looks polished and complete to me.  I do not think anyone knows exactly how polished and complete the simulator is other than the techs at Microsoft.  No sim has ever been released with perfection and with all the features everyone wants.  Soon after release, there's a issue with FPS, stuttering, blurry textures in Omaha, and many other things causing lots of discussions.  These issues are why AVSIM remains the Premier Simulation Resource where members can exchange information and discuss potential issues.  I hope Ed is not trying to bring down AVSIM by allowing a perfect product to be released sometime in far future... 

• Like 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

39 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

Interesting, why is that?

I already have bought too many addons, some that I haven't even installed yet ie Rex Skyforce, and lots of scenery addons for areas I fly in, so I believe I'm covered untill MS2020 is out. It looks like it has almost "everything" included like scenery, active sky, etc and from what they say, it will be possible to use P3D airports in it, so that's why.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11