Sign in to follow this  
Ezra

P3D Future

Im a die hard P3D fan too and to be honest I kind of feel the same way, I really dont want to put anything more into the sim. Ill just enjoy it until something else comes out. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I am still trying to pick my jaw off the floor after all these YT videos came out, absolutely stunning and my wallet is on hold until 2020. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Perhaps V5 will be the ESP equivalent! 

Yes I was reading on the train home, this is great news for simmers, looks and sounds so amazing I dont think I want to fire up P3d anymore!!

Honestly I still think we are years away from having this new sim that truly competes with p3d.  What makes p3d special and worth using is all of the complex addons, and VR support for those who use it.  I doubt we are going to see pmdg or fslabs quality aircraft included by default and at the snails pace that this type of development progresses at I think it will be another 3 years before we see a pmdg 747 or fslabs a320 flying in the new sim, even if they are just port overs.  Look how long it took pmdg to release their first p3d product which really was just a port from fsx.  The sim itself is not even in beta yet, we are a long ways off folks.  

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I'd be curious to hear how this will work on the current PC's that are out there.  This looks like it will cost a fortune and wouldn't be able to run on a current PC.  Also, I heard this is for Xbox One as well.  How would that work?  I can't imagine having a complex Sim with a bunch of features running through a $500 Xbox. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Question is, how long is Microsoft working on it? It must be years. The difference against EVP is immense. And who knows, maybe LM is working on that as well and the v3, v4 and maybe v5 were/are feature developments outside the engine.

Well, and it is Microsoft, a big reason to be skeptical. At the end there could be a big catch on it.

• Upvote 1

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

Froogle was right... some draw-dropping video there! 😲  It really looks good for a pre-alpha, and I especially like that the Xbox version will be a port of the PC version rather than vice-versa.  Even so, there will be much missing at release... helicopters, multi-monitor support, and other features that could be important to some simmers.

The reality is that a lot can happen between a (awesome) pre-alpha and release.  Time will tell... but during that time I'll still be flying and enjoying P3D.

Greg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

I`ll always love P3D but If this is true and pending I suspend all P3D and associated purchases for now. Sorry but there is no denying it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8h6yibHHc

Amazing stuff.... Some stutters and no AI 😱 curious about the AI / ATC stuff and FPS/smoothness local... But hey still pre alpha stuff 😱

Edited by awf

André

It is developed by a french company in coorperation with MS.

It uses Bing images + a special layer on top of it to give it a 3D look. Beside that there are trillions of trees and buildings. All region dependend and matching the scenery.  

400 cities have been modelled in detail like it looks in reality.

It is running smooth...

If LM cannot make V5 way more realistic and much smoother, than I’ll switch right away.

Imagine Orbx True Earth for all countries and included in a vanilla sim with better and more realistic lighting...

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 4

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The addon developers?? Looks like Microsoft in conjunction with this French software developer have done the majority by themselves. However they are in talks with addon developers. Looks stunning though you can't deny that.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

28 minutes ago, GSalden said:

It is developed by a french company in coorperation with MS.

It uses Bing images + a special layer on top of it to give it a 3D look. Beside that there are trillions of trees and buildings. All region dependend and matching the scenery.  

400 cities have been modelled in detail like it looks in reality.

It is running smooth...

That was already told and explained in the video 🤣 My guess is most will view the video first...

Edited by awf

André

As far as i understood you need a very good/fast internet connection. Otherwise the details will be reduced. 

I invested so much money into p3d V4 I will stay there. 

As mentioned without pmdg and fsl it makes no sense for me. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

1 hour ago, Pilot53 said:

Honestly I still think we are years away from having this new sim that truly competes with p3d.  What makes p3d special and worth using is all of the complex addons, and VR support for those who use it.  I doubt we are going to see pmdg or fslabs quality aircraft included by default and at the snails pace that this type of development progresses at I think it will be another 3 years before we see a pmdg 747 or fslabs a320 flying in the new sim, even if they are just port overs.  Look how long it took pmdg to release their first p3d product which really was just a port from fsx.  The sim itself is not even in beta yet, we are a long ways off folks.  

Not quite. Microsoft have said there is an implementation of older code with regards to aircraft which allows for relatively easy port-overs so backward compatibility seems to be there, which means there would be a significantly shorter wait. Apart from that, they also stated they are in talks already with developers to get them on board. Froogle said it was the developers you'd think they would be talking to so, again, it seems we may get those aircraft way sooner.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD