Sign in to follow this  
KevinHurley

Aerosoft Support

My husband and I have been using Aerosoft products for some time now.   They've always worked well and we never had any problems until recently.

I purchased a cheap plane (Piper 180) last night, thinking that it was for Xplane.  However, after downloading it, I saw that with an exe extension, it was in fact for windows.  Aerosoft refuses to refund, stating that it was disclaimed on their purchase page.  I'm sure that I read everything and, when I downloaded it, there was nothing indicating that.  I believed it was for xplane because I linked to it from an off-site link to xplane downloads.  

The shocker was the customer service.  They started by refusing the refund (as expected).  But then they threatened to send me an invoice for "legal work," if I reported them to the consumer protection board.   When I tried to reach them on twitter, they blocked me.  They have always been polite in the past, so this really surprised me.  Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Most online software has some type of disclaimer posted and thus the reason all purchases are final. PMDG even takes it a step further making you click a check box that certifies what sim you’re buy the plane for.

Since Aerosoft won’t refund just dispute the charge with your credit card company along with any documentation of the back and fourth you’ve had with Aerosoft. I’d be surprised if your credit card company wouldn’t refund the purchase.

Just to double check what happened, you could repeat the process of buying that plane via the link you got it from and stop prior to actual payment and see if it shows what sim your purchasing for.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the reply.

The credit card company will refund.  I am sure of that.

My real problem is in how the customer service at Aerosoft treated me.  I tried to get back in there to repeat the process, but by that point, because I sent them an angry tweet, Aerosoft had both blocked my on twitter and locked me out of my download account.  So - even if I could use the software (that I paid for), I no longer have any way to download it.  

When I asked them if they had shut down my account, they responded:

"Yes, as you were not able to understand our product pages or the sales condition we decided it was probably better if we prevented you from buying more erroneous products that would lead to new problems."  --Mathijs Kok

Sarcastic and rude, in my humble opinion.   

So now - I am not able to access the software that I paid for (even though it isn't what I thought I was buying).  So it would be difficult for me to purchase it again.

We actually clearly show which sim the product is for, and we have TWO warnings about it before the purchase... one of which you have to CLICK ON before the purchase will go through.  Not sure what more can be done.

For products we don't develop in house... any time a purchase is made the developer of the product is paid from the proceeds of the sale.  To refund under these conditions means that we would have to refund you, and then we would still have pay the developer anyway.

Sorry, but you had three opportunities to know what sim the product was for my friend, and we simply don't see our being part of the problem.  Below is a graphic to help you understand this better (the first one is under System Requirements, the other two are the check boxes).  It's the same policy that other stores have by the way.

Best wishes!

Screenshot-9-30-2019-2-31-59-PM.png

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, KevinHurley said:

because I sent them an angry tweet, Aerosoft had both blocked my on twitter and locked me out of my download account. 

So - even if I could use the software (that I paid for), I no longer have any way to download it.  

1 hour ago, KevinHurley said:

When I asked them if they had shut down my account, they responded:

Sarcastic and rude, in my humble opinion.   

Well in all fairness as you mentioned above you sent them an “angry” tweet so they locked you out and then you are upset and think they are sarcastic and rude because of their comment to you, but that’s probably because of the tweet you sent them. It works both ways, you can’t be mean or obnoxious to others and not expect the same in return.

As Dave has shown above in the purchase page that shows what’s required to make the purchase, so it’s hard to fault Aerosoft for not refunding the money.

Glad your credit card will reimburse you however.

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Unlocked so OP can respond.
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator