Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Uninstall addon manager

Hi, I've updated to Orbx Central 4, long story, but I read here that its advisable not to use the scenery addon manager when using Orbx Central 4, can I just uninstall it and what  precautions should I be taking in doing so.

Regards Rod 

6 hours ago, doublebubble said:

Hi, I've updated to Orbx Central 4, long story, but I read here that its advisable not to use the scenery addon manager when using Orbx Central 4, can I just uninstall it and what  precautions should I be taking in doing so.

Regards Rod 

"Not advisable": that depends. I discourage people from using it, because I am not willing keep up with the changes that ORBX is making in their tool. They have released many updates to Central in the last weeks, and who knows if things change again. I don't have any ill effects using both.

But you can just uninstall it. There will still be the backup files that P4AO created though (named *._P4AO or *.orig). You can remove those as well or just leave them alone - they don't do anything.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi Lorby, I understand, since updating to Orbx Central the layering is different, which is showing up in the addon manager but as long there's no conflict all is well I suppose bit confused as to using Orbx Central to sort it out or use the addon manager to rearrange things as they were, I seem to be unable to restore the scenery cfg from the backup zip file, I get an unhandled exception error when attempting to import it, as things have gone a bit haywire but we'll sort it out.

Regards Rod 

5 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

I seem to be unable to restore the scenery cfg from the backup zip file, I get an unhandled exception error when attempting to import it, as things have gone a bit haywire but we'll sort it out.

If you want, send that ZIP file to me via email and I will take a look at it. The address is on the last page of the manual.

And you can always open the ZIP with 7ZIP or a similar tool and extract the files manually.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

ORBX wrote now, that ORBX is designed to use it with Lorby (at least after 4.0.24).

I see, that I use an older version of Lorby Addon Manager. If I want to update the Manager, do I need to uninstall it first, or just install the newer AM?

Kind Regards

Patrick

2 hours ago, PatC said:

ORBX wrote now, that ORBX is designed to use it with Lorby (at least after 4.0.24).

I see, that I use an older version of Lorby Addon Manager. If I want to update the Manager, do I need to uninstall it first, or just install the newer AM?

Kind Regards

Patrick

Uninstalling the old version isn't necessary,

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

And is it ok to run it already with the current Version 4.0.23 or shall I wait till 4.0.24?

Regards

Patrick

4 minutes ago, PatC said:

And is it ok to run it already with the current Version 4.0.23 or shall I wait till 4.0.24?

Regards

Patrick

Hello Patrick,

That I don't know, sorry. There is no special logic in P4AO to handle ORBX Central, so the version of P4AO doesn't really matter. But since ORBX is making changes to Central, it is always a good idea to use their latest version. On another note - do you really have a choice? Isn't ORBX Central updating automatically?

Best regards

LORBY-SI