Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Customer needs feedback on PTA Compat. 4.5 HF2

Dear Matt,

as a PTA customer I would like to now if there are any modifications necessary from your side to make PTA compatible with P3D 4.5 HF2?

I (we) would really appreciate if you make a statement on that AND if there an modifications necessary maybe also communicate a rough estimate to deliver.

Unfortunately I didn´t see any activity from your side here on AVSIM for a couple of months, which can cause me (us) thinking PTA will not be further developped anymore. That may not be right, but that is why I would appreciate a feedback from you.

Thanks a lot.

Regards Marcus 

• Upvote 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Indeed. When Matt bought Yuri’s work with the intent to sell it to all of us, I’m sure he realized that he would be held to a higher standard than a freeware author. Never the less here we are wondering if this software is even being supported anymore while freeware programs like TomatoShade continue to be improved and updated as soon as new versions of P3D are released. Not impressed.

• Like 2

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

2 hours ago, Barnes said:

Indeed. When Matt bought Yuri’s work with the intent to sell it to all of us, I’m sure he realized that he would be held to a higher standard than a freeware author. Never the less here we are wondering if this software is even being supported anymore while freeware programs like TomatoShade continue to be improved and updated as soon as new versions of P3D are released. Not impressed.

Yet he will still take someone's money for a product that is not yet? updated. 

Eric 

I could give you an update daily, people would still assume the worst of me. It's a battle I've learned not to fight. The evidence is plastered all over the forum - just view some of the replies.

Within 35 minutes of the HF being available, people like Eric above were already doubting that PTA would be updated within a reasonable time. Just because others are a little quicker to the mark when it comes to updating doesn't render me as some sort of useless entity. I have a myriad of other things going on at the same time. When you work by yourself (as I have been for some time), you have to prioritise certain things. I only got my hands on it at the same time as you did.

The general attitude of some people is hugely demotivating. PTA has been updated, as promised, to work with the latest versions of P3D for years now. There is an ever growing part of me that wishes I'd never bothered with PTA from day 1. It's caused more problems than it's solved - doing what I thought was right by something turned in to a legitimate avenue for people to be absolute morons. I just hope they find some sort of peace in life beyond getting angry at a computer.

Anyway, to answer your question, I'll post an update to it during the week/weekend. I'm still working out what they've changed - as the versions progress, the shader logic seems to change pretty violently. 

I'll post when it's available. 

• Like 1

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

3 hours ago, MattDavies said:

I could give you an update daily, people would still assume the worst of me. It's a battle I've learned not to fight. The evidence is plastered all over the forum - just view some of the replies.

Within 35 minutes of the HF being available, people like Eric above were already doubting that PTA would be updated within a reasonable time. Just because others are a little quicker to the mark when it comes to updating doesn't render me as some sort of useless entity. I have a myriad of other things going on at the same time. When you work by yourself (as I have been for some time), you have to prioritise certain things. I only got my hands on it at the same time as you did.

The general attitude of some people is hugely demotivating. PTA has been updated, as promised, to work with the latest versions of P3D for years now. There is an ever growing part of me that wishes I'd never bothered with PTA from day 1. It's caused more problems than it's solved - doing what I thought was right by something turned in to a legitimate avenue for people to be absolute morons. I just hope they find some sort of peace in life beyond getting angry at a computer.

Anyway, to answer your question, I'll post an update to it during the week/weekend. I'm still working out what they've changed - as the versions progress, the shader logic seems to change pretty violently. 

With all respect. Thanks for replying. I was very respectful and politely asking and not expecting anything.

And hopefully you reach the goals you have set. That would motivate you and us too. Great work. 

Thanks again

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, MattDavies said:

It's caused more problems than it's solved - doing what I thought was right by something turned in to a legitimate avenue for people to be absolute morons. I just hope they find some sort of peace in life beyond getting angry at a computer.

A big “thank-you” for your reply from one of the absolute morons...

Best of luck with the future development of PTA

Edited by Barnes

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

8 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Anyway, to answer your question, I'll post an update to it during the week/weekend

Promises, promises. 

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

12 hours ago, MattDavies said:

After a second and third time reading your comment I will post my reaction on this also here. I was a lttle shocked how aggressive you replied on my politely question as a customer who likes your products! You COULD have ignored the other comments from users who were NOT rexpectful by quote my Post and answer. Simple as that. But you didn´t and decided to call your customers Morons.

Copied from my post at your thread 'Big news on the horizon":

It seems to me, that there is a lot of frustration and some customers have to accept your unfriendly reaction on requests.

I am not talking about unpolitely pushing and wracking.....but just asking if the product is still compatible and  this seemed to be to much.

Maybe it will help not making promisses which can´t be held AND not taking to much workload at once, on top communicate about big plans and than jell back to people (in your eyes also "morons") who are asking after progress.

I am not expecting anything. But this kind of reaction no one earned.

@Matt: It would be very wise to hold a little back with this kind of reactions from you as a developper who probably lives?? from selling products to your customers. 

I love your products. PTA and Projectfly. But after this reactions I will think twice if I will "investigate" further.in your products.

It is in your hands.

Kind regards

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

...double post deleted

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Wasn't there a big update for PTA announced at FSExpo & one of the other threads, planned for release end of June or July?  Did I miss that update, or is it folded into this incoming update?  Not trying to be a "moron" here, seriously.  I remember real-time, in-sim shader changes being mentioned which really caught my attention.

Thanks.

Edited by CaptKornDog

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

@mpo910 How you choose to perceive text is your doing - I didn't target you specifically. I am simply telling you how it's looking from my POV. 

@CaptKornDog Yup, there was. It was "almost" (i.e 90%) completed, then the investor pulled out, people didn't get paid, code wasn't completed. I am working to get it resolved though so hopefully not too much longer.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

40 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

@mpo910 How you choose to perceive text is your doing - I didn't target you specifically. I am simply telling you how it's looking from my POV. 

@CaptKornDog Yup, there was. It was "almost" (i.e 90%) completed, then the investor pulled out, people didn't get paid, code wasn't completed. I am working to get it resolved though so hopefully not too much longer.

That is good to know. Thanks for your statement. Whish you luck and strength to manage this situation  

Regards Marcus 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

18 hours ago, MattDavies said:

There is an ever growing part of me that wishes I'd never bothered with PTA from day 1.

I'm not surprised, but I am grateful that you kept your word. I can conclude that your delays are not denials.

I will still continue to say that your PTA utility is one of the best investments I've ever made for P3D v4. There are still P3D v4 users today that have to deal with the washed out default textures that come with default P3D v4 because they have not discovered PTA or refuse to give it a try.

Thank you for your continued work and updates as well as good look with all your future endeavors.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.