Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Release date

A year from now, November 2020 etc.

Some should be more cautious about announcing a date without precisely referencing to a MS declaration or specifying it is a conjecture from their part.

Information is always inches away of desinformation...

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

since its already been announced  as an insider game, i think most people will get hands on before this game comes out, i believe it will be like sea of thieves. with time windows and them trying out different back end systems.

The one thing i took out of the SEA of Thieves early access is that they will play with things just to get bugs and reports in so if you do get hands on early don't expect it to be like the final product.

As for an actual release date summer 2020? I'm going to guess Aug 2020 and be happy if it comes out before then. 

On 10/1/2019 at 4:44 AM, domkle said:

A year from now, November 2020 etc.

Some should be more cautious about announcing a date without precisely referencing to a MS declaration or specifying it is a conjecture from their part.

Information is always inches away of desinformation...

Which tends to be the norm around here. Its Interesting to read comments and suggestions,  but i never rely on this site for valid information without confirmation. 

3 hours ago, Casualcas said:

Which tends to be the norm around here. Its Interesting to read comments and suggestions,  but i never rely on this site for valid information without confirmation. 

You can't rely on /any/ site.  There's disinformation on sites like reddit too.  Horses mouth is the only way to confirm.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/dj3g06/possible_but_probably_not_release_date_leak_for/

We can only guess. I read some posts where people speculated a year or more to release. I find that highly unlikely. MS has begun pretty heavy marketing efforts, press, etc. They would not do that for a game that is a year away. I predict an initial release in late spring. 

Yeah, they might do the early access route. A lot of games nowadays are following this strategy (not the AAA titles though, which MSFS might actually be).

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

This is 2019, not 2009.

The "release date" is probably not the first chance to actually play it. There's almost 100% guaranteed to be a public, paid beta as part of an early access release and that'll likely come before summer of next year given we are already entering alpha testing.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, bonchie said:

This is 2019, not 2009.

The "release date" is probably not the first chance to actually play it. There's almost 100% guaranteed to be a public, paid beta as part of an early access release and that'll likely come before summer of next year given we are already entering alpha testing.

Have to respectfully disagree on a paid beta. Can you imagine the <wordnotallowed> storm MS would get with a paid beta? Sure, most of us on AVSIM at least partially understand what a beta release means but you just know there will be purchasers of a paid beta (probably very many) who won't know or care what beta means. They will buy, load it up and inevitably find issues because it is a beta, not a complete product yet. They will be lighting up MS and every social site with what a POS this title is before it even gets out the door.

MS is already doing much more than I ever thought they would with a semi-open Alpha. This is, IMHO, a very risky move on their part. This is why I believe the NDA for the Alpha will be very, very tight.

• Like 1

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Don't game companies frequently release close to Christmas for obvious reasons? That's what I'd be betting on. So mid to late November or even early December.

16 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Don't game companies frequently release close to Christmas for obvious reasons? That's what I'd be betting on. So mid to late November or even early December.

2019? 😂😂

8 hours ago, gsand said:

Have to respectfully disagree on a paid beta. Can you imagine the <wordnotallowed> storm MS would get with a paid beta? Sure, most of us on AVSIM at least partially understand what a beta release means but you just know there will be purchasers of a paid beta (probably very many) who won't know or care what beta means. They will buy, load it up and inevitably find issues because it is a beta, not a complete product yet. They will be lighting up MS and every social site with what a POS this title is before it even gets out the door.

MS is already doing much more than I ever thought they would with a semi-open Alpha. This is, IMHO, a very risky move on their part. This is why I believe the NDA for the Alpha will be very, very tight.

I believe what bonchie means is a beta only available to those who pre-order the game, not a separate beta you have to pay without a licence for the full game. This is very common nowadays.