Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
domkle

Release date

Recommended Posts

A year from now, November 2020 etc.

Some should be more cautious about announcing a date without precisely referencing to a MS declaration or specifying it is a conjecture from their part.

Information is always inches away of desinformation...

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 - Prepar3D v3 on a 4770 @ 4.4 GHz and a 1080 @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals -

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

since its already been announced  as an insider game, i think most people will get hands on before this game comes out, i believe it will be like sea of thieves. with time windows and them trying out different back end systems.

The one thing i took out of the SEA of Thieves early access is that they will play with things just to get bugs and reports in so if you do get hands on early don't expect it to be like the final product.

As for an actual release date summer 2020? I'm going to guess Aug 2020 and be happy if it comes out before then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 4:44 AM, domkle said:

A year from now, November 2020 etc.

Some should be more cautious about announcing a date without precisely referencing to a MS declaration or specifying it is a conjecture from their part.

Information is always inches away of desinformation...

Which tends to be the norm around here. Its Interesting to read comments and suggestions,  but i never rely on this site for valid information without confirmation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Casualcas said:

Which tends to be the norm around here. Its Interesting to read comments and suggestions,  but i never rely on this site for valid information without confirmation. 

You can't rely on /any/ site.  There's disinformation on sites like reddit too.  Horses mouth is the only way to confirm.


Rhett

i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1080Ti, 32" BenQ, 4K res

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/dj3g06/possible_but_probably_not_release_date_leak_for/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can only guess. I read some posts where people speculated a year or more to release. I find that highly unlikely. MS has begun pretty heavy marketing efforts, press, etc. They would not do that for a game that is a year away. I predict an initial release in late spring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, they might do the early access route. A lot of games nowadays are following this strategy (not the AAA titles though, which MSFS might actually be).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is 2019, not 2009.

The "release date" is probably not the first chance to actually play it. There's almost 100% guaranteed to be a public, paid beta as part of an early access release and that'll likely come before summer of next year given we are already entering alpha testing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bonchie said:

This is 2019, not 2009.

The "release date" is probably not the first chance to actually play it. There's almost 100% guaranteed to be a public, paid beta as part of an early access release and that'll likely come before summer of next year given we are already entering alpha testing.

Have to respectfully disagree on a paid beta. Can you imagine the <wordnotallowed> storm MS would get with a paid beta? Sure, most of us on AVSIM at least partially understand what a beta release means but you just know there will be purchasers of a paid beta (probably very many) who won't know or care what beta means. They will buy, load it up and inevitably find issues because it is a beta, not a complete product yet. They will be lighting up MS and every social site with what a POS this title is before it even gets out the door.

MS is already doing much more than I ever thought they would with a semi-open Alpha. This is, IMHO, a very risky move on their part. This is why I believe the NDA for the Alpha will be very, very tight.

  • Like 1

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

3IKoqL0.png

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't game companies frequently release close to Christmas for obvious reasons? That's what I'd be betting on. So mid to late November or even early December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Don't game companies frequently release close to Christmas for obvious reasons? That's what I'd be betting on. So mid to late November or even early December.

2019? 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gsand said:

Have to respectfully disagree on a paid beta. Can you imagine the <wordnotallowed> storm MS would get with a paid beta? Sure, most of us on AVSIM at least partially understand what a beta release means but you just know there will be purchasers of a paid beta (probably very many) who won't know or care what beta means. They will buy, load it up and inevitably find issues because it is a beta, not a complete product yet. They will be lighting up MS and every social site with what a POS this title is before it even gets out the door.

MS is already doing much more than I ever thought they would with a semi-open Alpha. This is, IMHO, a very risky move on their part. This is why I believe the NDA for the Alpha will be very, very tight.

I believe what bonchie means is a beta only available to those who pre-order the game, not a separate beta you have to pay without a licence for the full game. This is very common nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    2%
    $540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...