Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

RNAV RNP approaches

Hi Everyone was just wondering what aircraft in P3DV4 are capable of flying a RNP 0.3 approach in the sim?

i am aware that the Majestic Dash 8 can but with the limitation that the approach gets broken if there is a waypoint between the FAF and RWY.

i Don’t think the PMDG B737 or B777 are capable at this time, however curious if there were any others that are RNP capable at this time.

Any info would be appreciated.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

2 hours ago, barramundilure said:

Hi Everyone was just wondering what aircraft in P3DV4 are capable of flying a RNP 0.3 approach in the sim?

i am aware that the Majestic Dash 8 can but with the limitation that the approach gets broken if there is a waypoint between the FAF and RWY.

i Don’t think the PMDG B737 or B777 are capable at this time, however curious if there were any others that are RNP capable at this time.

No problemo with B737,777 or A320 for that matter . I think even 0.10 is possible (look at ANP)

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Of the Approach is modelled in the navdata the iFly 737 should be able to. 

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Ngx cant, the fsl320 does it will. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

4 hours ago, barramundilure said:

None of the PMDG products can fly RNP AR approaches. They may be "included" in the database, but the FMS does not include the programming to support RNP AR.  You cannot change the RNP value on the PROGRESS page to less than 1.0 on a terminal segment or missed approach segment, nor can you change it to 0.1 in the final segment, both requirements for fly RNP AR approaches (if the RNP value is not pulled from the database).  They also cannot fly RF legs, a required component for RNP AR approaches. PMDG is working on a major re-write of their FMS, LNAV, and VNAV logic to support both RF legs and RNP AR procedures. From Robert R.'s comments that upgrade will happen sometime after their Global Ops is released. 

I don't know about other simulator add-ons.  However, claims for RNP AR really need to be looked at closely.  I've seen some claims about RF leg capability that were not accurate when you actually flew them in the simulator. 

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

The PMDG B748 will accept 0.15 RNP approaches.  Just can't change it until the approach is active.  The NGX is limited to 0.30 nm.

True that the navdata used by PMDG does not do radius to fix segments, but they  are approximated with pseudo waypoints that when done carefully can do a sufficient representation for simulation.  It ain't exact but it works.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, downscc said:

The PMDG B748 will accept 0.15 RNP approaches.  Just can't change it until the approach is active.  The NGX is limited to 0.30 nm.

True that the navdata used by PMDG does not do radius to fix segments, but they  are approximated with pseudo waypoints that when done carefully can do a sufficient representation for simulation.  It ain't exact but it works.

.1 RNP gives 0.10 RNP on the RNP progress page in 4/4? with vert RNP possible at 125. In the NGX 

Maybe i am missing something? 

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

As has been mentioned the PMDG approach coding does not have RF leg type capability. In my experience the approximation doesn’t work well on tight RNP approaches. It surprises (and disappoints me) that PMDG have not updated their coding to support this leg type. Especially given The boss is a RW airline pilot.

iFly supports RF leg types and flys them well.

Cheers

Steve Hall

For RNP less than 0.3, the biggist problem in our simulator is the FTE.

PMDG seems tuned it's AP quite fine by old NGX still glitch with some 90 or so degree turn.

QW787? quite wild on many turns

While iFly737 support RF-legs, it sometimes went wrong on bank for few seconds, that might sends the airplane 0.5 nm off the track.