Sign in to follow this  
nas123

SDK Discussion for MSFS

20 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I think I'm going to just give up on reading any information regarding MFS and wait until I get my hands on Alpha Tech build (if I get my hands on an Alpha Tech build) ... I here contradiction after contradiction and I'm finding the information feed to be useless.

Cheers, Rob.

Well your not the only one 😎

André

2 hours ago, Mace said:

It was pretty time-consuming and tedious (for me, anyway) to design scenery using gmax/gmax plug-in, and then have to load the sim to properly position the object.    I bet you I spent more time looking at the load bar than I did designing.

That is the very reason I quit correcting airports. It was far too tedious to do it right.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

2 hours ago, 188AHC said:

That is the very reason I quit correcting airports. It was far too tedious to do it right.

Current ESP SDK tools are far too cumbersome.. people have no idea how many hours I used spend to do just one single effect for ESP base simulators, before I finally completed my own SDK, I had to reboot the simulator every single time in order to see and appreciate the changes and how the effect would look like in the simulator environment.. completing properly one single effect used to takes up to a week..

My eyes still hurt.. 🤣

S.

ADE was a great program if you wanted to do a down and dirty change to an existing airport but if you wanted to get in to the fine detail and get the structures right it was a pain as you had to do it the original way.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

On 10/1/2019 at 5:53 AM, ErichB said:

Not all developers have been contacted.  So there is some concern about how collaborative and inclusive it really is.

for any product with extensibility and an SDK; during the Alpha/Beta/RC/Ship cycle the extensibility team needs to select a subset of the developer community due to the size of the community and the size the subset of the dev team that handles the incoming.

just to size this, back of the envelope, as an example: if the SDK team is 20 people ( 10% of the 200 ) then 2-4 of those are likely to be the customer facing and dealing with the external incoming as well as the internal "day job". how many ISVs can 2 people handle? 50? that seems like a lot but do-able. more than that, not likely.

the art and science of this is picking a representative subset of the dev community that will exercise all of the scope of the extensibility/SDK functionality to find issues.

so expecting "all developers" to be contacted is just a tad unreasonable.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2