Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

MS FS Developer Interview - Episode 2: Aerodynamics & Cockpit

Aerodynamics & Cockpit

Edited by RamonB
Title did not fit.

Disappointing Callum you did not delve deep into the physics such as ground handling, braking, will the aircraft skid if the runway is wet or icy?

Weak interview.

Blessings

Duncan

10 minutes ago, Duncan Odgers said:

Disappointing Callum you did not delve deep into the physics such as ground handling, braking, will the aircraft skid if the runway is wet or icy?

Weak interview.

Blessings

Duncan

They are going so far as to simulate 1000 points of force on the airplane + full icing on default aircraft. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they won't just forget about ground friction. 

Also did not ask about avionics and IFR flight..

Is there still room for realistic Garmin GPS units, like Reality XPs? :unsure:

Bert

I just wish they'd have built the flight model up from scratch rather than taking FSX as base and building upon that. Also you missed quite a few important questions. But eitherway thanks for doing this for us. 

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

1 minute ago, Baber20 said:

I just wish they'd have built the flight model up from scratch rather than taking FSX as base and building upon that.

Where have you got that info from?

43 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Where have you got that info from?

Did you watch the video posted above ? At 2:22 he asks them and they explain how they were able to keep the legacy flight model aswell as build upon that.

Edited by Baber20

Baber

Poorly managed interview. Disappointing. There is nothing new here. It needed to be a far more technical interview 

28 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

I just wish they'd have built the flight model up from scratch rather than taking FSX as base and building upon that. Also you missed quite a few important questions. But eitherway thanks for doing this for us. 

The new flight dynamics system has nothing to do with the legacy model. They are separate. The flight physics system is a completely new system. The legacy is kept as a stand-alone module for backward compatibility as I understand it from other bit over the past two dsys

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I wish these interviews were made by someone like Rob A, Berth P. to name a few then we would have been very exited now with all the information that would have been extracted during the interview. We don't need bloggers or media partners for these interviews, we need people with a LOT of experience with flight sims.. :wink:

S.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, simbol said:

I wish these interviews were made by someone like Rob A, Berth P. to name a few then we would have been very exited now with all the information that would have been extracted during the interview. We don't need bloggers or media partners for these interviews, we need people with a LOT of experience with flight sims.. :wink:

S.

The vloggers should have enough experience to ask the right questions. That’s why they got into flightsim vlogging 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ErichB said:

The new flight dynamics system has nothing to do with the legacy model. They are separate. The flight physics system is a completely new system. The legacy is kept as a stand-alone module for backward compatibility as I understand it from other bit over the past two dsys

At exactly 3:10 Sebastian Wloch confirms what I posted earlier. So I am sorry but your info is absolutely wrong.

Baber

10 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

At exactly 3:10 Sebastian Wloch confirms what I posted earlier. So I am sorry but your info is absolutely wrong.

What I heard is that they started with their own rendering engine, then got introduced to FSX and decided that a lot of architecture/code could be reused rather than reinvented, but the flight model got rewritten from scratch.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert