Sign in to follow this  
solwell1

Four seasons?

4 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

Has anyone from the development team actually said this?   Not trying for snark, instead just wondering if there’s something I missed.

https://www.flightsim.com/images/features/msfdev/FlightSim.com-Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_Interview_AUDIO.m4a

They talk about seasons at the 18 minute mark.

A Microsoft Flight Simulator without seasons would be quite a let down! Especially as the devs have said that it would be not much work for them to implement seasons. It's just a matter of priority. 

Edited by Tim-HH
  • Upvote 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

3 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

The only thing we dont know is whether the real time weather conditions will be reflected or not on the ground and on the foliage (Thanks Bert !) . There is a strange omerta about it among all the previewers.  

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

In the audio interview with Flightsim.com they mention the technology is already there in FSX they just have to improve and best look at how to implement it into the new sim. Please Microsoft and ASOBO make it a priority, even if its basic implementation and more developed season features later!

Blessings

Duncan

24 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

WHAT A REAL BUMMER...!!!!

I could care less about the orange leaves BUT:

This means no more ICING EFFECTS on any AC!!!

De-Icing now will be useless... They might as well remove Piot Heat and all deicing panel switches from all MSFS AC and Add-on ACV cause we will be simming in an alternate universe where the effects of cold weather and icing doesn't exist!

What a step down from realism!

Unless I missed something, I'm not sure I would go so far as to say they won't have icing effects. They are modeling atmosphere and weather. The main thing is whether they will model ground textures (snow/ice/etc) as domkle stated.

• Like 2

Pretty sure some of the recent coverage on FSElite spoke about icing impacts.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, solwell1 said:

I have not heard if four distinct seasons will be depicted yet.  Has anyone heard this mentioned?

The graphics engine supports seasons on the fly, and is not currently implemented, but will be prioritized based on what people are requesting the most.

This information starts around the 18:00 mark.

https://www.flightsim.com/images/features/msfdev/FlightSim.com-Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_Interview_AUDIO.m4a

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

16 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

They talk about seasons at the 18 minute mark.

A Microsoft Flight Simulator without seasons would be quite a let down! Especially as the devs have said that it would be not much work for them to implement seasons. It's just a matter of priority. 

Ah, thanks for that!  Had missed it.

Sounds like it's a) possible and b) challenging, because, I guess, procedural.

That sounds to me like we'll have them - in a better-than-texture-based way - eventually.  But a big question when "eventually" is.

6 minutes ago, daveinca2000 said:

The graphics engine supports seasons on the fly, and is not currently implemented, but will be prioritized based on what people are requesting the most.

I think we'd better ramp up our lobbying efforts!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Duncan Odgers said:

In the audio interview with Flightsim.com they mention the technology is already there in FSX 

The Asobo lead architect admitted the FSX code is c--p, and he's right, so I doubt they'd touch that code.

Edited by Greazer

5 minutes ago, Greazer said:

It's all coming in FS2024.

Seriously?  The fact that it's not in a pre-alpha build doesn't mean it won't get there... does it?

In the Helisimmer video of his visit to MS someone asked about seasons and Helisimmer responded by saying the development team intended to add seasons...

Sounds like the question was asked in one of the Q&As

Edited by TravelRunner404
  • Upvote 1

I am not 100 % sure, but I believe that when they have a Tech Alpha 01 ready all features that will be in the Release have been decided. Adding new features in later Alphas and Betas are not the way forward for this sim. New features, like VR, Seasons, ATC, AI, will have to come in point or main releases. 

If it's not in... I'm sticking with P3D with all my excellent add-on AC that simulate Pitot Heat and Icing/De-Icing Effects until they implement it in MSFS2020 and add-on developers update their AC for it which might take years!

Chris Camp

3 minutes ago, nas123 said:

I am not 100 % sure, but I believe that when they have a Tech Alpha 01 ready all features that will be in the Release have been decided. Adding new features in later Alphas and Betas are not the way forward for this sim. New features, like VR, Seasons, ATC, AI, will have to come in point or main releases. 

AFAIK Alpha version of softwares are usually lacking some features planned for the final release. It's in the beta phase that all features will be present for testing.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

I honestly do not care about this at all for launch.

Zero.  Zip.  Nada.

After what they have displayed here, I will be fine flying around in this world for a long time.  Sunny days, dark nights with ILS down to minimums in volumetric clouds. 

I'm sure its something they could think about in future updates, especially something like changing the trees in certain places to be either fall colored or bare of leaves.

Other than that, how important is this really after what we've seen?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1