783 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What are your most desired inclusions in MSFS

• Virtual Reality
    • Seasons
    • Rotorcraft
    • ATC
    • SDK

VR should be #1 hands down, incorporating this will force developers to create something truly competitive and forward thinking. Everything else has already been done in previous versions. With that said, It would be a total cop out if something as crucial as seasons and ATC were left out. ATC however would need to be significantly improved to make it worthwhile. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I am shocked as to why even seasons have to be listed, should be a base product, period. If this thing is in development for 5 years now, I am expecting jaw dropping realism when it comes to ATC and hope they don't mess this up.

I agree with you 100%. I think it's a huge mistake to remove staple features. The effects seasons play on aircraft performance/flight operations/ is a massive piece of the realism pie. 

8 minutes ago, ByramJ said:

I agree with you 100%. I think it's a huge mistake to remove staple features. The effects seasons play on aircraft performance/flight operations/ is a massive piece of the realism pie. 

Thast must not be part of "Seasons". The flight model is handling temperature, wind, icing, etc. That is already confirmed by the devs that they are already developped and in . 

Seasons here mean: Coloring of the trees, gras, etc,. Snow accumulating on ground

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Thast must not be part of "Seasons". The flight model is handling temperature, wind, icing, etc. That is already confirmed by the devs that they are already developed and in . 

Seasons here mean: Coloring of the trees, gras, etc,. Snow accumulating on ground

Ahhh.. okay. Now that I think of it I did hear somewhere that the time of year affect sun positioning. So based on your comment I can see their reasoning. Maybe the term "seasons" within the context of this poll is a bit misleading then... 

• Like 1

Just now, ByramJ said:

Ahhh.. okay. Now that I think of it I did hear somewhere that the time of year affect sun positioning. So based on your comment I can see their reasoning. Maybe the term "seasons" within the context of this poll is a bit misleading then... 

Yes it is. I can not state something about Sun-Positioning. I have a feeling that also that would be in because I ASSUME that this would be the "Weather"/"Sky" part. Seasons would be "world". Due the fact they have done a complete new approach on how scenery will be processed and streamed, this season thing has to be completely overhauled. I can imagine that, because Gras, Trees etc, are being processed on streamed Data based on Imagery.

I would like seasons to, but if I have to live for a time with "summer look", it is ok for me. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'm sorry, but I cant believe scenery generation. Can be used as an excuse for lack of VR. when sim ever, even before VR was a concept, only generated scenery of what was in front of you? Yes scenery is generated beneath you, sides and behind, just like all the videos and screenshots show. 

Now, the question is... what's the interface with VR, and or options for VR? Ie: bake in oculus toolbar options for supersampling? Asw on/off? Include in cockpit tools for maps,  notes, airport, weather information?  That's alot in itself. I think there is no question  about the scenery generation in VR it's what you want WITH Vr. It's not VR by itself

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

I'm sorry, but I cant believe scenery generation. Can be used as an excuse for lack of VR. when sim ever, even before VR was a concept, only generated scenery of what was in front of you? Yes scenery is generated beneath you, sides and behind, just like all the videos and screenshots show. 

Now, the question is... what's the interface with VR, and or options for VR? Ie: bake in oculus toolbar options for supersampling? Asw on/off? Include in cockpit tools for maps,  notes, airport, weather information?  That's alot in itself. I think there is no question  about the scenery generation in VR it's what you want WITH Vr. It's not VR by itself

Starting to sound like a broken record here, I guess I'll just have to keep doing this:

This sim is still in development.

No representative of MS or Asobo have said "MSFS will not have VR".

Rather, they have said that it might be included in a future feature update.

In other words, they have other priorities right now.

• Like 1

This wasn't directed to you and dont need to preach to the choir. Nobody knows anything more than the other, and agree all of these discussions are getting repetitive and boring.  Say your wish once, begging makes you sound like a whiner

• Like 1

I dont care for Seasons at all. I dont think I flew ever a different season than summer in 15yrs of FSX

• Like 2

Lukas Dalton

35 minutes ago, DaWu said:

I dont care for Seasons at all. I dont think I flew ever a different season than summer in 15yrs of FSX

Same. I think I did once in 2013. And now that's its autumn the sim switched, and said to myself, "yuk" and switched it back to summer. Lol not a fan of dead trees. Or the representation of them. Who knows 

My vote was for seasons. Next would be atc being as I don't use VR or fly rotorcraft.

Edited by Pugilist2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

19 hours ago, rjetster1 said:

I would think ATC/Seasons/AI are a must at release! Rotorcraft/VR/SDK to follow.

If I was to put in order...

ATC

Seasons

Rotorcraft

VR

SDK

I generally agree, but I think I'd have an SDK ahead of rotorcraft.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

For me, it's seasons. Note quite sure what SDK means. I figured it is a given for devs. I don't care much for using ATC or flying rotors (though I might do it every once in a while just to pass the time). VR makes me nauseous.

Just now, Kevin_28 said:

Note quite sure what SDK means.

You want SDK before nearly everything on that list or any others honestly - trust me.

If we want anything resembling a vibrant 3rd party ecosystem, we want that SDK out as soon as it's ready.