This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What are your most desired inclusions in MSFS

• Virtual Reality
    • Seasons
    • Rotorcraft
    • ATC
    • SDK

39 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Not true. People go on about how you need 5Ghz CPUs and at least a 1080ti to run P3D at 'acceptable' performance.Tthat's a bloody sight more than I have (2600K & a 1070) and I use VR with the same settings as pancake vision, most sliders to the right.

You shouldn’t confuse anyone with “pancake” they may short something out with syrup. 😉

Edited by daveinca2000
  • Upvote 1

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

Aw man! Somebody went out canvassing for votes and skewed the polls? That's frustrating.

I thought this poll would be a great way to communicate our desires to the MSFS devs, but as usual the squeaky wheel vocal VR minority swoops in to burn the whole thing down.

4% of the user base making 50% of the noise.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Noodle said:

Aw man! Somebody went out canvassing for votes and skewed the polls? That's frustrating.

I thought this poll would be a great way to communicate our desires to the MSFS devs, but as usual the squeaky wheel vocal VR minority swoops in to burn the whole thing down.

Here let me find what you should read first.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 10/3/2019 at 10:13 AM, 188AHC said:

Please stop with the conspiracy theories. Nobody can vote in this poll unless they are an AVSIM member in good standimg.

Is it important that we have members here that are also members on other sites? No it isn't. I'm sure a good number of you in this topic are also members of other sites, Reddit, and Flightsim as examples. 

As has been stated, it looks like someone has lobbied for VR votes so it is what it is. That's the way polls and social media work

It shouldn't be of great concern, however, as Microsoft and Asobo are fairly intelligent and I'm pretty confident that they have or are currently looking at everything in this and other polls. This poll was for our own information. 

Here it is.

You’re welcome😉

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Hopefully someone comes up with new FFB controls for the new title. Can’t wait to see who releases the first FFB feel interactive VR gloves! What a great time to be alive!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CdkXTdANgJo2U00_L_uerAmUFBhaE4iS/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Full scale VR!

Walking around a huge virtual plane.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15f7msZuII6ek9qqX2fz38_kckY7so29E/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Made an account to vote for VR. And come down here to reply that I won't buy if there's no VR. I don't care if I have to buy expensive hardware, I just like the experience in VR so much more.

A lot of people here sound like they don't want specific people to vote. Seems weird.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Noodle said:

The horror. 😨  think of the users it brings to Avsim, or would you rather they stay off your lawn?

Edited by daveinca2000

The last three posts are all any objective observer needs to see to understand that you guys are single-issue evangelists.

That's perfectly fine, of course. But if you choose to flood threads with your narrow point of view, dont be surprised when people roll their eyes when they hear you coming.

Fact is, all of the items in the poll are going to be included eventually. I'd wager sooner than later. We were just trying to get a sense of the wider community's desire for order of implementation.

I'd further wager that the amount of effort required to implement VR properly is significantly less than the amount of effort required to fully implement seasons properly. For the sake of argument, let's say weeks for VR, and months for seasons and ATC...

Like at the grocery store, if I have a cart full of items, I'm happy to let the guy with one box of diapers go ahead of me. No big deal.

But the VR crowd is like that same guy with the diapers throwing a tantrum and demanding to go first. If you'd just shut up and be humble for a minute, you'd get exactly what you want. But for some reason, good is never good enough for you guys, and you have shove everyone's faces in it.

You're going to get what you want regardless of what this poll says. But as usual, you've managed to alienate yourselves from the rest of the community.

But you guys seem like a "ends justify the means" type of crowd, so...

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Noodle said:

The last three posts are all any objective observer needs to see to understand that you guys are single-issue evangelists.

That's perfectly fine, of course. But if you choose to flood threads with your narrow point of view, dont be surprised when people roll their eyes when they hear you coming.

Fact is, all of the items in the poll are going to be included eventually. I'd wager sooner than later. We were just trying to get a sense of the wider community's desire for order of implementation.

I'd further wager that the amount of effort required to implement VR properly is significantly less than the amount of effort required to fully implement seasons properly. For the sake of argument, let's say weeks for VR, and months for seasons and ATC...

Like at the grocery store, if I have a cart full of items, I'm happy to let the guy with one box of diapers go ahead of me. No big deal.

But the VR crowd is like that same guy with the diapers throwing a tantrum and demanding to go first. If you'd just shut up and be humble for a minute, you'd get exactly what you want. But for some reason, good is never good enough for you guys, and you have shove everyone's faces in it.

You're going to get what you want regardless of what this poll says. But as usual, you've managed to alienate yourselves from the rest of the community.

But you guys seem like a "ends justify the means" type of crowd, so...

We are only responding to FUD regarding VR and polls.  If you think the polls are unfair, what is stopping you from rallying people here and elsewhere. You may, heaven forbid, persuade a few to stick around and contribute.

VR users are not here to rain on your parade, only your narrative. We expect the same Curtesy.

That is all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Noodle said:

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Use your noodle, Noodle.

Edited by daveinca2000

Honest question: why not work first on something that will favour everyone who own the sim, such as seasons/ATC, and then VR which will only be used by the select few who can afford it? And i say this as someone who's tried VR and i cannot wait to get a headset and a pc that can run it.

This is the thing that i'm truly not understanding. Maybe think of the community too instead of only thinking about yourselves?

Edited by nikita
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, daveinca2000 said:

what is stopping you from rallying people here and elsewhere.

Integrity.

• Like 4

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;