• Virtual Reality
    • Seasons
    • Rotorcraft
    • ATC
    • SDK

Ultimately?

Combat capable platform.

• Like 1

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

I have never used VR and know very little about it. When I fly IFR, which is most of the time, I have the necessary charts and a moving map on a 2nd monitor so I can quickly go back and forth as required between the a/c and the charts. How is this handled when using VR?

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Integrity.

Nonsense!!! 

A poll is a poll. Go and bring it to the front page of AVSIM and let's see what happens!

Go and gather "your" followers on wherever they are! 

Edited by DocBird
  • Like 1

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

On 10/2/2019 at 4:21 PM, Casualcas said:

I'm sorry, but I cant believe scenery generation. Can be used as an excuse for lack of VR. when sim ever, even before VR was a concept, only generated scenery of what was in front of you? Yes scenery is generated beneath you, sides and behind, just like all the videos and screenshots show. 

Now, the question is... what's the interface with VR, and or options for VR? Ie: bake in oculus toolbar options for supersampling? Asw on/off? Include in cockpit tools for maps,  notes, airport, weather information?  That's alot in itself. I think there is no question  about the scenery generation in VR it's what you want WITH Vr. It's not VR by itself

So in elite dangerous there's an option for hmd pixel density which effectively does supersampling.

If depth buffer would be passed you could use ASW2.0 that reduces amounts of artifacts that are especially prominent in sims but yeah option to turn  it off and on would be ok perhaps just rely on PTW. As for interaction, sure you could do motion controller tracking etc for cockpict interaction but it is problematic to use them and a HOTAS. But still could be used like a regular sim on the input front. It is less than ideal but you still can use keyboard in VR.

Just now, DocBird said:

Nonsense!!! 

A poll is a poll. Go and bring it to the front page of AVSIM and let's see what happens!

It's pretty suspect when you log in 6 hours later, and see 3x as many votes for one choice.  It's obvious what is going on here to anyone who has followed this thread for the last day or so.  But, that's what can happen when people feel passionately about something.

I think the VR folks can rest easy, anyway.  There is no need for anyone to get worked up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I think it's time to shut this down. It has served its' purpose and has turned into a battleground between differences of opinions in less than gentle debate.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 5

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals