This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What are your most desired inclusions in MSFS

• Virtual Reality
    • Seasons
    • Rotorcraft
    • ATC
    • SDK

Just now, irrics said:

You want SDK before nearly everything on that list or any others honestly - trust me.

If we want anything resembling a vibrant 3rd party ecosystem, we want that SDK out as soon as it's ready.

Well that's a given, but I figured it's already being developed since they are talking to devs. Why would they not have an SDK?

1 hour ago, DaWu said:

I dont care for Seasons at all. I dont think I flew ever a different season than summer in 15yrs of FSX

You've never flown in hard winter in Alaska? PAHO? PAEN? Never landed on a snow covered runway in 15yrs? You did miss a lot.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Is it already confirmed that there will be no ATC and AI at release? Without seasons, no ATC and no AI it would be not a big surprise if the performance would be top, see Aerofly FS2.

Can't imagine that flying around in a deserted and quiet environment would be very immersive for many people.

Wait... is this correct?  No ATC or AI?  I'll stick with P3D if that ends up being the case.

And personally, I couldn't care less about VR.

• Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

5 hours ago, Flamingpie said:

And since it's been mentioned: Track IR is a MUST for me, really... Don't know if I can enjoy MSFS to the fullest without Track IR support.

Track IR would be top priority for me as well!

Since almost every game support it I hope it will be present but I honestly can't imagine flying without it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, domkle said:

I agree with you both but there is a big difference between ATC and Sseasons. ATC can be brought to the sim as a  3rd party addon, seasons can't, they have to be built in. That's why I voted seasons but ATC is obviously  extremely important too

Microsoft owns the technology and the ressources to bring ATC to the ultimate level with it's speech recognition, accents, AI... (I think it's this but not sure https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/speech-service/language-support )

It would be almost impossible to reach this complexity without Microsoft's technology. I think the time of FSX's ATC has passed.

@irrics Can you respect this thread and stop polluting it?

Everyone is writing here their priorities, please respect them and stop bashing, this is exhausting. Your opinion is only relevant to you.

Thank you

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hey you can post what you want, I’m not trying to police anything. Was just remarking that it seemed to have turned into the 49th bra thread in the last two days, despite it being the third most wanted feature evidently 😉

• Like 1

1 ATC

2 SEASONS

3 ROTORCRAFT

4 SDK

... 10 VR ( At this moment vr is word not allowed cause of screendoor effect ( i tried last oculus rift ) ) 

Edited by topatov
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

Hi, the current gen of VR headsets are finally good enough to be used practically with flight simulators.

So I'd like VR support from the start.

Edited by ChrisJB
  • Upvote 3

I'm a bit surprised that the SDK is a very distant 4th so far; I would have thought it would have been among the top items.  I am not a developer...at least not in FS-land.  I've never even looked at the SDK.  However, I AM a consumer of the SDK in my purchasing of all the planes, scenery, weather add-ons, utilities, etc. that developers create.  Without the developers using their talent, my interest in this hobby would have died a long time ago.  Yes, I want ATC, I want seasons, I want helicopters, etc., but first and foremost I want third parties to have access to provide me their work as close to product launch as possible.  What I have interest in, someone else does not and vice versa.  That's where 3PD come in.  They cater to each of us and we can customize the platform to be exactly what each of us has interest in.

• Like 1

George Shimada

5 minutes ago, ratherbflyin said:

I'm a bit surprised that the SDK is a very distant 4th so far; I would have thought it would have been among the top items.  I am not a developer...at least not in FS-land.  I've never even looked at the SDK.  However, I AM a consumer of the SDK in my purchasing of all the planes, scenery, weather add-ons, utilities, etc. that developers create.  Without the developers using their talent, my interest in this hobby would have died a long time ago.  Yes, I want ATC, I want seasons, I want helicopters, etc., but first and foremost I want third parties to have access to provide me their work as close to product launch as possible.  What I have interest in, someone else does not and vice versa.  That's where 3PD come in.  They cater to each of us and we can customize the platform to be exactly what each of us has interest in.

As I mentioned earlier, the SDK has already been confirmed.  I'm not sure why we would include confirmed features on the "most wanted" list.

• Like 1