Sign in to follow this  
Uglyspirit

Las Vegas buildings- black textures at night

I like flying around Las Vegas and recently noticed that a couple of the buildings on the strip and the tower towards downtown no longer have texture applied when i fly at night. Not really sure how long its been like this. Running 4.5, Orbx global, vector and NA landclass plus Southern California scenery. 

I installed REX environment force shortly before noticing and had it running on automated mode whilst flying in the local. As far as i know this just adjusts the shaders on the fly but doesnt change the textures.

I verified (reluctantly) the files for Southern California and as usual it finds something to download but didnt fix the issue. Any ideas, im not too keen on having to reinstall P3d and all Orbx scenery

Well you really need to list your add ones that may affect this area?

All Orbx products and KLAS airports and wether or not your have the FlyTampa KLAS which overhauls the entire Las Vegas strip!

If you have the FlyTampa AP I would start there first with a complete uninstall and reinstall and post on their forums for a fix?

If not you may have to conduct additional trouble shooting by disabling scenery products that effect LC and Vector data until the problem disappears.  Then when you identify the program causing it I would uninstall and reinstall that program and post on the forums for same!

Also do you use any other shader program besides REX like Tomatoshade PTA etc...?

Good Luck!

Chris Camp