Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Whew!

Guest JEH

The pilot that put down Jetblue Flight 292 should get a bonus!!! He did a superb job and saved the plane as well as all the souls on board. He put that nose wheel down light as a feather. Amen.

Just watched on CNN. The landing was absolutely perfect. I'm surprised how intact the nosegear stayed when it touched the runway.

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Yeah, but I bet up close it's not so pretty :)I hope he gets some paid vacation for that landing.-JeremyThe Ozark DogfighterHappy Flying!

Guest lamont

I'd really like to know how he kept it on the centerline. I would imagine he came in around 125 to 130 knots and after hitting the reversers the tiller was probably useless and rudder steering as well.

Guest bobsk8

Unbelievable. I kept waiting for the nose to swing off the runway....

>I'd really like to know how he kept it on the centerline. I>would imagine he came in around 125 to 130 knots and after>hitting the reversers the tiller was probably useless and>rudder steering as well.I wonder if you would use reverse in a situation like this?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>I'd really like to know how he kept it on the centerline. I>would imagine he came in around 125 to 130 knots and after>hitting the reversers the tiller was probably useless and>rudder steering as well.if you watched closely, he did not use the speed brakes or the engine reversers and tried to keep the plane manuverable to keep the nose up and steer with his differential brakesBo

Bo Klop

Guest adameke777

>I kept waiting for the nose to swing off the>runway....You should work for news media ;-)adam

Guest lamont

>>I'd really like to know how he kept it on the centerline. >I>>would imagine he came in around 125 to 130 knots and after>>hitting the reversers the tiller was probably useless and>>rudder steering as well.>>>if you watched closely, he did not use the speed brakes or the>engine reversers and tried to keep the plane manuverable to>keep the nose up and steer with his differential brakes>BoMakes sense.

Guest bonjourmoi44

To add to what Bo said, there was an A320 first officer who reported that the thrust reversers would not be used as it would throw the center of gravity forward, thus putting more stress on the nose gear.

Guest rmce

Incredible skill by Pilots, and heart stopping TV.I am sure there is an award somewhere for fastest skateboarder ever, they must win it!Bet the voice recorder is filed away under obscene rantings of stressed air crew!Congrats, and so very well done!