Sign in to follow this  
Tims Sim

Three suggestions

Hi UGCX team,

I would like to say first of all how pleased I am with UGCX, I can see why some folks were surprised that there was not more functionality from day one but, I'd rather have the bug free experience we have now that we can move forward from.

Anyway, my three suggestions/requests are:

Can we please have an option to have the ground crew return to the truck and then drive back to the pushback start point, rather than just disappear? I understand and agree with the spawning instantly when UGCX is started, I don't see a problem with this at all, but when they vanish in front of your eyes it does detract from the realism you have obviously tried to achieve.

I have a home cockpit so it would be great if the on screen menu could appear on a tablet instead of on the main screen.

Finally, when still in the air (I fly a tube liner) and say within 100 miles of the arrival airport, would it be possible to call up UGCX  (by voice or menu) and select the arrival gate? This way it reduces what needs to be done upon landing and clearing the runway (I am talking to ATC too at this point), the location of the gate is known and the route/runway exit point can be planned ahead and it is more like the real world?

Anyway, even if you don't like or take up the suggestions above, continue the good work, I look forward to seeing UGCX develop.

Thanks and regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

Glad you like it!  Spread the word!

1. We're going to make some changes in that area, but the problem with having the truck driving is that he can wind up going through buildings.

2. There's an app for home cockpits shown below...  Maybe you've heard it.

You can connect it very easily to UGCX as you can see below.

Here's a screen shot (the user is using French UGCX menus, so don't think UGCX is French only.  We do English, French, German and Spanish).

app.thumb.jpg.f9cbb4b901fb6ab5f9ff7d823ac7aea8.jpg

3. That one is on our To-Do list.

Cheers,

2 hours ago, egkkman said:

Hi UGCX team,

I would like to say first of all how pleased I am with UGCX, I can see why some folks were surprised that there was not more functionality from day one but, I'd rather have the bug free experience we have now that we can move forward from.

Anyway, my three suggestions/requests are:

Can we please have an option to have the ground crew return to the truck and then drive back to the pushback start point, rather than just disappear? I understand and agree with the spawning instantly when UGCX is started, I don't see a problem with this at all, but when they vanish in front of your eyes it does detract from the realism you have obviously tried to achieve.

I have a home cockpit so it would be great if the on screen menu could appear on a tablet instead of on the main screen.

Finally, when still in the air (I fly a tube liner) and say within 100 miles of the arrival airport, would it be possible to call up UGCX  (by voice or menu) and select the arrival gate? This way it reduces what needs to be done upon landing and clearing the runway (I am talking to ATC too at this point), the location of the gate is known and the route/runway exit point can be planned ahead and it is more like the real world?

Anyway, even if you don't like or take up the suggestions above, continue the good work, I look forward to seeing UGCX develop.

Thanks and regards

Dave

I recognise your username on Prosim737 forum. I have already got UGCX through that EFC737 its pretty easy. Bryan above showed the example which was take from my thread -

https://prosim-ar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=17196

Vernon Howells

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your positive reply :biggrin:

We're going to make some changes in that area, but the problem with having the truck driving is that he can wind up going through buildings.

Great, thank you. Could they not just follow the same route back (said in ignorance I realise).

There's an app for home cockpits shown below...  Maybe you've heard it.

Yes indeed, I use it for another programme. I did not realise it could be used for UCGX, I'll get on to it right away  (thanks Vernon).

That one is on our To-Do list.

Great, thank you.

Regards

Dave

Sorry I miss read this:

Can we please have an option to have the ground crew return to the truck and then drive back to the pushback start point, rather than just disappear?

We already have that option in the Aircraft Profile.

The ramp agents can return to the Tow Truck.

Animating their body motions so they twist to get in the tug is not possible, so they will simply vanish as soon as they're close to the tug.

Hey Guys,

7 hours ago, egkkman said:

Actually there is an option where they walk back along with the tug to the pushback starting point, by disabling (unchecking) the option that says "ramp agents jump into the tug after pushback". When you uncheck that option in the "Aircraft profile settings" window, the ramp agents wont disappear when they go inside the tug. At the moment, we have them to disappear when they go into the tug (after pushback and after the tug is disconnected from the nose wheel), because we didn't define any attach point so the marshallers can be inside the tug or attached to the tug, like if they are sit inside the tug, we plan to do this later, that's why they vanish, if you have the option "ramp agents jump into the tug after pushback" checked, otherwise, they wont vanish when nearby the tug, and they will walk back along with the tug. This process needs to be polished a bit more, but the intention is to have an option to jump into the tug and walk along with the tug back to the pushback starting point.

7 hours ago, egkkman said:

That's a nice suggestion, the problem on making that is the airport is far away, and UGCX loads the airport once you arrive. We could probably create a separated exe that could look at the scenery indexes and allow you to open the airport layout, on demand, depending on the ICAO ID you gives to it.

Cheers,

spacer.png