Sign in to follow this  
nas123

Is MSFS2020 32bit or 64bit?

Why would you make a 32bit application in the year 2020? 🙂

• Like 10
  • Upvote 4

Good luck with Microsoft 2020. Can't wait until it goes on the market. Then I want hear what ya all have to say. Should be interesting.

LOL, I'm waiting for Microsoft Flight Simulator due to be released in 2020, it has been said.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, nas123 said:

Has it been confirmed that it is 64bit?

The biggest difference between 32-bit and 64-bit OSes is that the 32-bit version can only address a bit less than 4GB of memory, in total, for the entire system, and this includes the memory in your video card. For Windows it’s usually about 3.5GB total. For example, if you have a system with 4GB of RAM but your video card has 1GB of memory in it, that leaves just 2.5GB of memory for the OS to use, which isn't much at all for Windows.

Even worse, you could theoretically have an 8GB system running 32-bit Windows, which means there's 4GB of memory in your system that might as well be used as a drink coaster. Only 64-bit systems can address more than 4GB of RAM, so this one reason alone is why most people choose one over the other.

So, a 32bit program will only address about 3.5GB less your graphics memory, as explained above.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

1 hour ago, nas123 said:

Has it been confirmed that it is 64bit?

Are you really serious? This is getting very anoying. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

There is no more 32bit Software . What a Thread 

Lukas Dalton

Actually, you can still get a 32bit version of Windows 10

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

4 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Are you really serious? This is getting very anoying. 

So is bad spelling! 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

It's neither, it's 16 bit. Best dust off your copy of Windows 3.1

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

5 hours ago, Wobbie said:

The biggest difference between 32-bit and 64-bit OSes is that the 32-bit version can only address a bit less than 4GB of memory, in total, for the entire system, and this includes the memory in your video card. For Windows it’s usually about 3.5GB total. For example, if you have a system with 4GB of RAM but your video card has 1GB of memory in it, that leaves just 2.5GB of memory for the OS to use, which isn't much at all for Windows.

Even worse, you could theoretically have an 8GB system running 32-bit Windows, which means there's 4GB of memory in your system that might as well be used as a drink coaster. Only 64-bit systems can address more than 4GB of RAM, so this one reason alone is why most people choose one over the other.

So, a 32bit program will only address about 3.5GB less your graphics memory, as explained above.

Yep. But nothing to do with performance,  so dont include that in any definition. As I get 70 fps in FSX, and 35 FPS in xplane. Poor example, but that's all I got off the top of my head