Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Oct. 10th : Be prepared, the world is coming to us

after slough I’d definitely like to see Rio. God I hadn’t even thought about how that will look. 

also the Lake District, the western and southern bits of Scandinavia (which I think were the bits that ef2000 was based in?), the Caribbean. 

i would love it if someone started up a website or a book or something down the line with lots of ideas about beautiful flights to take in the new sim. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Murmur said:

North/South pole with clouds.

I'd definitely looking forward to visiting the South Pole Station.

And Papua New Guinea.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

There is a small airstrip just outside of Amherst Nova Scotia.

Canada has usually been a lower priority and would be great to finally have equalized benefits

Edited by peppy197

Nantucket Island Massachusetts.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

So I have a little list from all the great places on the last 3 pages.  Thank you all.  A question.  If I fly over say the Serengeti in Africa will I see herds of animals?

10 hours ago, LHookins said:

I'd definitely looking forward to visiting the South Pole Station.

And Papua New Guinea.

Hook

PNG I’d suggest Long Island Off Madang, a small volcano island with a strip on the coast, a lake with its small island in the crater 😏

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 10/3/2019 at 10:31 PM, Superdelphinus said:

after slough I’d definitely like to see Rio. God I hadn’t even thought about how that will look. 

also the Lake District, the western and southern bits of Scandinavia (which I think were the bits that ef2000 was based in?), the Caribbean. 

i would love it if someone started up a website or a book or something down the line with lots of ideas about beautiful flights to take in the new sim. 

I just finished planning my Around-the-world trip, and I suggest you do the same. Just make a Google search about "Most beautiful places in Africa" for example, you will be amazed.

But what are we going to see on October 10th? Don't we already know everything about the world thanks to the youtubers who attended the Global Preview Event?

Edited by Noooch

28 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Don't we already know everything about the world thanks to the youtubers who attended the Global Preview Event?

I will be short and to the point. No !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

But what are we going to see on October 10th? Don't we already know everything about the world thanks to the youtubers who attended the Global Preview Event?

Well, what we saw after the event was the 'B-footage' (or whatever they call it) supplied by Microsoft - there was no footage of the sim itself filmed by Youtubers.  I assume therefore that the B-footage was 'The World' Preview and I hope that what we see on the 10th is a much more elaborate and comprehensive view of various parts of the earth, hopefully with some voice-overs.

• Like 2

Well there is no point of the feature discovery series I guess if they have nothing "more" to show us than what's on the b-roll footage. Night-time is something I hope to see and more remote non-US non-EU places. 

2 hours ago, OSJJ1985 said:

Well there is no point of the feature discovery series I guess if they have nothing "more" to show us than what's on the b-roll footage. Night-time is something I hope to see and more remote non-US non-EU places. 

The first scene on the preview of the series is a night-time scene. I would be really disapointed if the Episode 1 - World happens to be the same video we already saw. I would also like to see night scenes, sunsets, sunrises. Scenes all around the world (the video released last week is basicly showing Seattle, with a very little of the rest). 

I really don't think they would do that, but we will see in 4 days.

+1 Rio de Janiero

Having flown into Rio several times , It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful it is both day and night. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 12:07 PM, Krakin said:

I nominate the Caribbean as Tribute! Specifically St. Lucia 😃. Now don't say I'm completely selfish with my request. I'd just like to see how their engine handles the Pitons. FSX made a mess of our Twin Peaks so it'll be a good test of what the new sim can do hehe.

https://krakinblr.tumblr.com/post/188087395320

FSX and P3D made a mess of the WHOLE Caribbean.

My votes are:

Douglas Charles Airport (TDPD) The Commonwealth of Dominica

and.....

George F.L. Charles Airport (TLPC) St. Lucia

They are both very scenic approaches. 🏝️ Just seeing anything in the Caribbean would be cool (except St. Maarten)

Edited by CaribbeanCLANK
  • Like 2

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

9 hours ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

FSX and P3D made a mess of the WHOLE Caribbean.

My votes are:

Douglas Charles Airport (TDPD) The Commonwealth of Dominica

and.....

George F.L. Charles Airport (TLPC) St. Lucia

They are both very scenic approaches. 🏝️ Just seeing anything in the Caribbean would be cool (except St. Maarten)

My bredda. Non-alcoholic drinks on me if we ever find ourselves on the same island.

I LOVE landing at canefield in fsx. nice challenge. And yes, TLPC is a nice approach which is why i like what Taxi2Gate did with it

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

On the site they claimed this:

"The team gave technical presentations on four important topics during the event:

-World

- Sky

- Aerodynamics

- Cockpits

Starting today, you’ll get to see and hear the reactions from those in attendance. Starting in October, these presentations will be delivered to the community as part of our Feature Discovery Series."

Now my doubt: are we sure that they will show more of the world and not just show us those presentations (in this case the part about the World)?
My english is not my first language so i might interpret it differently, i don't know. What do you guys think?

Edited by france89

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."