Sign in to follow this  
ByramJ

Failures & Emergencies

What Random Failures & Emergencies Would You Like to See?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What Random Failures & Emergencies Would You Like to See?

• Smoke in Cockpit
    • Cabin Depressurization
    • Bird Strike
    • Windshield Failure
    • Hypoxia

I've been away from the sim world for a few years (MS Flight threw me into a depression) but news of FS20 has me skipping back. One thing though that always bothered me, was the absence of wig-wag lights. In the real world, they are not only significant at alerting you of a runway but they have an intense presence about them that is just so cool to me. So at the end of the day, I just hope they've included wig wag light..

I chose Bird Strike mainly because FSW came up with a neat visualisation to denote it and it would be nice to see an equivalent in MFS. However I would want to see a much wider range of possible failures and emergencies than those shown in the poll made available in the longer term. Tied in that is the provision of a decent scenario editor being made available.

Give people power to really test their personality.

The variations of errors in FSX were not bad! What bothers me is that you can only set, that an error will happen (during a certain timespan)! Personally, I would prefer, you can set a probability, wether any error could occur at all during the whole flight! I think that such an option would be more realistic! Similar as in FSPassenger or FSCaptain!

CSD/IDG high oil temp failure and therefore lost of a Generator or the risk of fuel icing would something i want to see!

I’m more interested in smaller things going wrong with the machinery than some of these big, aircrash investigation style failures. I had the autopilot fail on my pmdg 737 once and it was terrifying, but rewarding working through whatever that manual thing is called. I would definitely have been sacked in real life and possibly would have seen some jail time, but I didn’t crash. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Andiroto said:

The variations of errors in FSX were not bad!

P3D offers even more choices.  And FS-Pax when it was still in use gave even more, things like blown tires and whatnot.

40 minutes ago, Andiroto said:

Personally, I would prefer, you can set a probability, wether any error could occur at all during the whole flight! I think that such an option would be more realistic! Similar as in FSPassenger or FSCaptain!

I remember suggesting that way back when FSX was in development as well, and like you say, FS-Pax could do it.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]