Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

Honeycomb Aeronautical - AWOL?

Not sure what others are thinking, but it seems like Honeycomb Aeronautical has gone AWOL. For the past two days, they have been absolutely quiet with minimal posts. It was asked about delivery and they replied to a post on facebook stating that all domestic deliveries were enroute and that if you hadn't received a tracking number, to call their 1800 number. Unfortunately, it seems like their company number goes straight to a voicemail. They're not returning phone calls. No emails have been returned. They're not answering questions on facebook anymore or messenger for that matter.

There were a few individuals who managed to use the FedEx app to track their package via address; however, the labels were created days ago with an arrival date of today. One posted on facebook commented that his label was created on September 26th with a delivery date of October 1st. When FedEx was contacted, they confirmed that only the labels had been created and nothing was picked up. Trying to reach out to the community to see if we can spread the word here and get more information.... this is becoming a huge frustration for alot of folks... especially since this is a newer company with no real history. Anyways, hoping this isn't turning into a scam or something else... they've had our money for months now. 

• Upvote 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Having pre-ordered the Honeycomb yoke in early August, I too am concerned by Honeycomb's recent Facebook silence. I've not received a tracking number and following Honeycomb's instructions I sent an email (no response as of yet) and called (not accepting calls). I can't understand why someone can't or won't respond to emails or questions on Facebook. They've spent a lot of effort promoting their yoke on Facebook and the flight sim community responded by selling out the pre-order. Up until the past week or so Honeycomb seemed to be responsive.

Those of us who have paid for the yoke are just looking for information regarding our order, I believe the longer Honeycomb goes without a response, the louder the exclamation of frustration will grow and the apparent lack of customer support will become problematic. 

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

I sincerely hope that your orders will be fulfilled and that the company has not fallen by the wayside (I think that the flight sim community has been looking for a quality, budget-priced yoke for a long time). But I guess that pre-ordering always carries an inherent risk.

The problem is they failed to meet the original shipping date. Also they show pictures of the warehouse full of yokes but have failed to provide tracking numbers as they originally stated. Only by customers downloading the FedEx app are they even aware a label has been created, Them tell people to call the 1-800 number to only be greeted by voice mail. They only seem to communicate on Facebook yet they don't respond to users. Not a good way to launch a new product. Kinds of reminds me of my dealings with ACE yoke many people had.  

Edited by TalonMX

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Yep I started to wonder if it was maybe a scam in a post last week. That does not sound good about Fedex not making a pick up. They have an address on the web page but may just be an empty warehouse. I too pre ordered and never heard a word from them. LOL been a strange week here in America and it would just be peachy if we have found another den of liars and crooks!! Oh well it is only money and it is always a risk to pre-order.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Oh wow!!! I was waiting for them to complete the hardware with rudder pedals. Glad this was brought up for awareness. I will watch them . Big thanks all !!!!!!

I’ll be curious to see how they recover from this one. Hopefully it’s not a post damping the community for getting upset. Honeycomb should definitely take responsibility for the confusion and frustrations. They were the ones who sold everyone on it would be ready by mid-end September. 

More importantly, I feel that if they misspoke and nothing has shipped, they need to re-evaluate who is commenting on things. This will be day 2 information from them.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Maybe LR can apply some pressure or at least provide an explanation after the RAVE review given.

I'm not an attorney and I'm not accusing any one of anything but just wondering. Is it not wire fraud to receive money for a product then not deliver said product then turn ghost on the purchaser?

Vic green

Looks like many more users are getting tracking information via the FedEx app this evening. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I hope everything is fine with them.
I'm so hyped to get their brand new throttle quadrant as soon as it comes out! 🤗

throttle.jpg

If you know someone going to Cosford sat or Sunday they could ask Aerosoft will be there, I was hoping to go but I'm trying to shake off a cold and cough.   

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Good News!! I did finally get an in trans and scheduled delivery date from Fedex. What a mess these guys have caused. Just amazing.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Give them a break.  This is a new company, new product and first time shipping.  They will probably figure it out and as we say in aviation, to aviate then communicate.

So chill.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1